U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:44 PM

178 posts, read 349,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Well let's be fair, Nicodemus authority was threatened also but even he saw that Jesus was who He said, He was because Nicodemus wanted to know the truth. Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites because they were not seeking the things of God. If the Pharisees had been putting God first in their search for truth then they would have believed but the Pharisees were unrepentant sinners looking out for only themselves. People who followed the Pharisees were hardhearted, rebellious, unrepentant sinners as well who did not want to hear the truth which is why they hated Jesus. Ironically the Pharisee's way (Law of Moses) was actually easier then what Jesus was teaching.
Seems like we are in agreement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,732,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
Seems like we are in agreement.
and even if we weren't that's ok too.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:56 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,904,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
StirringWaters, you just hit the nail on the head, we are not to be a stumbling block to our breathren. Like Paul said,"If I must refrain from eating meat because it is a stumbling block to my brother, then I will refrain from eating meat." The stumbling block can go both ways. I know literalists and fundamentalists get a bad rap in most circles, but do you not think that a liberal perspective could be a stumbling block to some. I mean we have some here who would prefer to cast out the OT and the epistles of Paul, and to me that would be a stumbling block. Others who call the writers of the Bible barbaric and unevolved, that too is a stumbling block to me.

We really must explore the scriptures to find the truth and stop picking and choosing as we all like to do to make our own perspective right. We must all be willing to interprit the scriptures witht he scriptures and stop throwing away what we dont like.

I like what you have to say most of the time, but I believe you may be misunderstand Fundy at this particular time.
Why do you and Fundamentalist insist on using "we" all the time now?

Listen, Robin. If someone here came to me and told me I'm a stumbling block to them, I would IMMEDIATELY remove myself from being anywhere near them...I would immediately take it to prayer...I would ask the Lord to show me.

I am sick and tired of it being implied that I worship someone other than God...as if I am full of evil spirits and worship Satan. Implying things is a sneaky, nasty way of doing things.

Obviously anyone can be a stumbling block however minor their transgression. What I'm talking about is it is DAILY. This is serious. And it is also obvious that I am not the only one that he is a stumbling block for.

You're a nice guy. I've seen you take a hard line around here, but I have also seen you humble yourself. That's important. I wasn't going to respond and continue this, but I felt you deserved more than being ignored.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post

Listen, Robin. If someone here came to me and told me I'm a stumbling block to them, I would IMMEDIATELY remove myself from being anywhere near them...I would immediately take it to prayer...I would ask the Lord to show me.

I am sick and tired of it being implied that I worship someone other than God...as if I am full of evil spirits and worship Satan. Implying things is a sneaky, nasty way of doing things.

Obviously anyone can be a stumbling block however minor their transgression. What I'm talking about is it is DAILY. This is serious. And it is also obvious that I am not the only one that he is a stumbling block for.

You're a nice guy. I've seen you take a hard line around here, but I have also seen you humble yourself. That's important. I wasn't going to respond and continue this, but I felt you deserved more than being ignored.
You probably won't respond to this but I think you worship the same God as I. I have never implied you didn't. I believe you to be very nice and a very humble servant of Jesus.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,904,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You probably won't respond to this but I think you worship the same God as I. I have never implied you didn't. I believe you to be very nice and a very humble servant of Jesus.
I appreciate that.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 PM

yw

Old 01-21-2009, 02:35 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Not to insult but I use we alot because I know that I am no better and possibly even worse than the person I am addressing and am willing to accept my part as well as address the topic. Another words I am there with you, may not be an identical problem but we all have them.

Quote:
That is very commendable and I respect you for that.

Quote:
That is understandable and I believe Fundy has answerd this one. But if I may humbly approach the subject, when we are caught up in sin, no matter how minor, we are serving another god and I will admit I fall into this category just as much if not more than most. As Paul said "I am the worst of all sinners", I see myself this way and that is why I also believe we must take up our cross daily.

Quote:
I talk to him alot in the DMs and I know he feels a real burden to reach out to everyone just as I know you do as well. What I ask is instead of taking his words personally as an attack or a stumbling block, do as we are instructed by the Lord and take a good look at ourselves to see where we need improvement. Like Paul said "If eating meat is a stumbling block to my brother, then I will no longer eat meat". Paul was willing to humble himself to help his brethren. If you see Fundy as a stumbling block perhaps the two of you need to DM each other and find common ground, because fighting amongst yourselves could have dire consequences for a brother or sister still feeding on milk.

Quote:
I thank you and I deeply respect your opinion. I know I am not always humble and can be harsh at times and I know that is when I have to do some soul searching for myself. I am humbled by your respect and thank you for strengthening my faith. Please feel free to DM me if we can further help one another.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,590,732 times
What is truth and did it matter to Jesus? Jesus is truth and truth is Jesus, they go hand in hand. To know Jesus is to know truth, it is His very nature! Cannot come undone! It matters, because it's truth, no matter how harsh, it's what makes us see ourselves and hopefully make the appropriate changes that are necessary...................before meeting Christ.

That's the truth, the whole truth, nothing but!!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 AM

3,553 posts, read 4,477,399 times
I PERSONALLY feel that most believers today are seeking Jesus's face, although it seems they are in the dark and trying to feel their way around.

Not many are called to teach, and when people who are not annointed to teach, begin to teach, then many false truths become evident. This causes division within the church. It also makes the real Truth, much harder to come by.

Some of us are still seeking. Others "claim" to be found, and revealed, by the Spirit of Truth. How do we know if they have? Because we can test the spirits, and this is our defense. God would never let us down, if we continue to abide IN His Love. How do we abide?

"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

So, no matter who calls others stumbling block, and no matter how many people feel threatened by their perception of what Truth is, the bottom line is this.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Period. And it is ONLY through Jesus that the Father can be known. So, anyone can post scripture, and anyone can claim to have an annointing, but without Power, it is nothing but a breeze in the wind..

Old 01-22-2009, 03:14 PM

11,918 posts, read 14,163,687 times
I believe that one can speak the truth and be gentle without compromising the truth. Jesus knew all hearts and He is Lord of all. He was without sin and He knew exactly what was needed. We cannot see into all hearts and I believe that we are to be respectful and gentle, even if we believe that someone is in error. Paul taught Timothy to be gentle even with those who opposed him:

2 Timothy 2
24The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25)with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition,if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

Titus 3

1Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, 2to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. 3For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-22-2009 at 04:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity