U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:52 PM

8 posts, read 473 times

Advertisements

Not one is good, all humans righteousness are dirty rags before the MOST HIGH. So no one is better than anyone else. We all must wear the righteousness perfection of CHRIST through faith to enter YAHS kingdom. The father only sees the heart and is no respecter of man. Jesus satisfied the wrath we deserve as a free gift to all true believers who are born again into HIS SPIRIT, the RUACH HAKODESH testifies himself of the children of GOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 01:23 AM

28,025 posts, read 15,118,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacer22 View Post
Not one is good, all humans righteousness are dirty rags before the MOST HIGH. So no one is better than anyone else. We all must wear the righteousness perfection of CHRIST through faith to enter YAHS kingdom. The father only sees the heart and is no respecter of man. Jesus satisfied the wrath we deserve as a free gift to all true believers who are born again into HIS SPIRIT, the RUACH HAKODESH testifies himself of the children of GOD.
Do what?...

Old 07-24-2019, 01:28 AM

14,977 posts, read 5,022,456 times
Only the mods are to use red, jus saying.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:05 AM

4,277 posts, read 667,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Only the mods are to use red, jus saying.
I think the statute of limitation has run out on the OP hanni lol

Old 07-24-2019, 05:09 AM

14,977 posts, read 5,022,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I think the statute of limitation has run out on the OP hanni lol
I didn't even notice, now that is a curious thing indeed, how would this thread appear to a newbie unless he was looking for it?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:37 AM

22,009 posts, read 16,770,811 times
What is truth and did truth matter to Jesus?

Truth is that which corresponds with reality, and yes, truth mattered to Jesus who said,
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:44 AM

15,567 posts, read 12,223,817 times
The question is very similar to, 'Is the Pope Catholic'.
Like a Buddhist koan...

Old 07-24-2019, 09:39 PM

974 posts, read 634,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I believe that one can speak the truth and be gentle without compromising the truth. Jesus knew all hearts and He is Lord of all. He was without sin and He knew exactly what was needed. We cannot see into all hearts and I believe that we are to be respectful and gentle, even if we believe that someone is in error. Paul taught Timothy to be gentle even with those who opposed him:

2 Timothy 2
24The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, 25)with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition,if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

Titus 3

1Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, 2to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. 3For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another

God bless.
^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

Anger and indignation have there place. For example, when there is injustice or a violation of one's rights.
And the truth shouldn't be watered down
But it shouldn't be thrown about like scalding water.

I'd like to add 2:Timothy 2:23. Sometimes back and forth degrades into foolish debates. And nothing is gained at that point. It's best to bow out.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 AM

995 posts, read 359,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(John 18:37-38) 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."
38 Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?"

Jesus was nice to repentant sinners, He was nice to His disciples and people who responded well to the truth but Jesus was not nice to the purveyors of false doctrine, if you disagree please give me scripture because I myself can't find any.
Jesus would get very angry with ones who tried to preach false doctrine in fact when Jesus was invited to a House of a Pharisee for lunch it devolved into one of the worst conflicts Jesus ever had

(Matthew 23:29-37)

29" Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous,30 and say, 'If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31 "So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32 "Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers.
33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

People like to say that Jesus was harsh to just the religious types but nice to everyone else using the story of Matthew but Matthew was seeking and invited Jesus to a banquet at his home so Jesus could give his friends the truth as well (tax collectors, prostitutes) I see no such evidence in the bible that Jesus was only harsh to religious types, this is a "categorical error". Jesus was harsh to the hardhearted, rebellious sinner but was friendly with open minded & openhearted to the truth regardless if they were a Pharisee or not.

Nicodemus was one such Pharisee. He was one of the top Pharisees who was open minded and openhearted searching for the truth, Jesus engaged civil yet a stern conversation with a man who believed Him to be from God.

(John 3:1-3)
1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews;
2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Jesus was telling the top Pharisee that he must be born again, that was a slap in the face of Nicodemus for a man of his stature, basically Jesus was telling Him he was going to hell.

I keep hearing people saying to be like Jesus in our daily walk and when witnessing to others. I believe this as well that we must take our cues from Jesus when dealing with people but we can't afford in the name of truth to deal softly soul condemning error because truth matters. Truth matters more than how people feel about it so it was with Jesus.

I am not saying, that we be mean spirited and intentionally make people feel bad, that is definitely not the objective but we should never compromise the truth. We can say the truth all nice and sweet but we must make sure we stick to the truth in an unvarnished way, we should never get the idea that nice and sweet, especially kindness in the fruit of the spirit style love ever requires you to tone down the truth. The tone can undermine the message of the truth and for those who say like Pilate, "What is truth?", "you can never know truth?" well then your statement can not be true if there is no truth.
TRUTH IS THAT WHICH IS CONSISTENT WITH WHAT IS. - dictionary definition

When Jesus said He is the truth (John 14:6), He was saying that He IS consistent with all that is.

He is saying He is God.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited by mensaguy; Today at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Read the forum rules. Don't use red text. Ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity