U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Pokemon appropriate for kids?
Good 56 80.00%
Bad 14 20.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:13 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,905,774 times

Advertisements

EVIL! Pure evil! Your child will become demon possessed almost instantly by playing this fun kid's game!

No really....some churches think everything is evil. I had an assistant pastor who wouldn't buy Lucky Charms cereal for his kids because it was "magically delicious".....not joking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 05:16 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,905,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Pokemon - is it Evil or OK?

Evil. Have nothing to do with this. It does not honor God.

Better get rid of your computer too. They do not honor god either. I can't even go to my e mail or MSN homepage without a raunchy Victoria's Secret ad being displayed. Or would god enjoy that?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,471,076 times
It just amazes me how people will go to the point of denying their children play time, because it doesn't honor god. Do you think robbing your kids of their childhood will honor god? There is a reason why monasteries don't accept children. Let kids be kids.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,730,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
It just amazes me how people will go to the point of denying their children play time, because it doesn't honor god. Do you think robbing your kids of their childhood will honor god? There is a reason why monasteries don't accept children. Let kids be kids.
I don't think anyone is advocating denying their children "play time." What we are called to do as Christian parents is guard their innocence and protect them from potential dangerous and spiritual dangers as well.

In the name of allowing children "play time" would you allow them to hold a sťance, play with Ouija board, eat poison, or leave them to rape another child? No obviously not!

Who is the gate keepers if itís not us? Because if we donít something or someone else will.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is advocating denying their children "play time." What we are called to do as Christian parents is guard their innocence and protect them from potential dangerous and spiritual dangers as well.

In the name of allowing children "play time" would you allow them to hold a sťance, play with Ouija board, eat poison, or leave them to rape another child? No obviously not!

Who is the gate keepers if itís not us? Because if we donít something or someone else will.
You forgot Trick or Treating, Harry Potter books and the Magic 8 Ball. If I had gate keepers, who looked for the evil in everything around me, I'd opt for eating poison. You're going to have an insecure child who is afraid of his own shadow.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,030,281 times
Please tell me this is a joke thread! The fear mongering is getting out of hand.

BTW my friends and I played with a Ouija board, nothing. Kind of boring. Seriously people, it is a game, nothing more.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

10,017 posts, read 17,030,281 times
Quote:
You forgot Trick or Treating, Harry Potter books and the Magic 8 Ball. If I had gate keepers, who looked for the evil in everything around me, I'd opt for eating poison. You're going to have an insecure child who is afraid of his own shadow.
You have that one right. I grew up with one, his parents kept him away from everything for fear of evil. The kid was a scared kid all growing up and trusted nothing. It was really sad. My mom exposed me to tons of stuff, I laugh during scary movies and games. It is all in the mind.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,730,345 times
Quote:
Please.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Please.
Touche'. Seriously, kids don't need the fear of god put in them.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,996,848 times
Quote:
Touche'. Seriously, kids don't need the fear of god put in them.
(couldnt rep you)
It seems fear is an important element for some to be able to influence the target audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity