U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Pokemon appropriate for kids?
Good 56 80.00%
Bad 14 20.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 01:06 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,993,806 times

Advertisements

Your question and your poll are completely separate issues.

No they are not 'evil', evil is a religions fallacy, part of the fear monger that religion uses to control the flock.

Is it good for kids, NO again, but nor is it evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 04:09 PM

435 posts, read 1,066,618 times
I really do not see the problem here. I mean we ve all had some childhood comics we enjoyed. They did us no harm. What I do think parents should do is teach their kids about their faith, rather than wait for later or for someone else to do it for them.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 PM

1,743 posts, read 4,016,692 times
Hard to believe it is still around actually. I remember from being around kids etc... 10 years or so ago when it was massively popular. Seems innocent enough, in fact that Pikachu thing is absolutely adorable.

Most of what I saw was some cartoons and they had a video games, and I believe they still do make video games based on it. I don't know how it could be evil or harmful, just got kind of annoying.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:47 PM

4,568 posts, read 5,413,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
This reminds me of when my whacko fundie uncle freaked out when my mom's cat walked into the room with a little troll doll in his mouth that he liked to play with. He kept saying it was satanic!
A little plastic doll and a grown man acting like it's some kind of Kryptonite.

Fascinating..

Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM

4,568 posts, read 5,413,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Touche'. Seriously, kids don't need the fear of god put in them.
Agreed.

But, kids seriously need to fear most of god's "messengers", like sweet, caring and loving "Father John", described in detail here:

John Geoghan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-14-2010, 05:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
I think that Pokemon is Ok, as long as you remain true to God.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:07 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,300,834 times
my 2 kids collected the cards growing up (they're 18 and 19 now) and they really liked them.I see no problem with them.(they turned out fine,btw ) they're just a fun thing to collect.
I found the book they used to collect them in the closet awhile back and I paid them for it.they didn't want it anymore.I may sell it on ebay eventually.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,463 times
Pokemon is not evil! NOR IS NARUTO! STOP WHINING OVER STUPID THINGS LIKE THAT IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Pokemon is about friendship and love.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,313 times
pokemon is all right i play pokemon and all and i have not gone evil like some people say that will happen if you play these games.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,993,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
At my six-year-old son's birthday party, one of his friends gave him Pokemon trading cards as a gift. I don't know much about Pokemon but have the feeling it is not right for a young man of God. We talk about choices and decisions and do they honor God or not. While not every decision or choice goes through that process, Pokemon definitely will.

I've researched the Internet a bit and found some concerning information (on Wikipedia) and thought I'd ask in this forum and get your thoughts.
  • What do you know about Pokemon?
  • If it's OK, why?
  • If it's bad, why?
I promised my son I'd do my research before giving him the decision on whether he is allowed to keep the cards.
Then what, forbid him to play with that child again, obviously the spawn of satan. Petition the HOA to evict the parents as heretics.

Good grief, its popular among kids, and within a year they will be on to something, unless you impart some psychological scars in his psych over such a trivial manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity