U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,498,875 times

Advertisements

If you give demons or satan access in anyway they will try to take over. But if you are in Christ, then you have the authority that he has. Jesus gave us authority over demons, but you have to know that authority that he has given you. Read Luke 9, whick tell us that we have authority over demons, Matthew 10:1,8, again show us that authority over demons, Acts 3:6 giving us the authority to heal the sick, that is what Paul did. YOu see when you don't know what authority that Christ has given you, you want exercise it. That is why demons come to blind us. They know that if you understand who you are and who's authority you have they will be beaten. Do a study on what authority that Christ has, and see that he has given you that same authority. When you drive out a demon, you are doing it in him name, not yours. That is why you must know who you are, if you dont know who you are and you try to drive out a demon and dont know you authority you can get hurt. So do a study on the authority that Christ has given you, and then those demons want be able to hurt you. Look at it this way when Adam and Eve sinned, but nothing happened until Adam ate of the fruit, thats another story. But anyway when they disobeyed God (Sin) came into the world through adam. Man lost fellowship with God, and man basically handed over the kingdom to Satan That God gave them. So, they were cast from the garden, and fellowship was broken with God and an innocent animal had to be sacrificed in the place of our sin for us to live. Sin causes our body to age and eventually die. So, that is when Christ comes in. He came to reconcile us back to himself, who is God. Jesus and the Father are one, and the holy Spirit. So, Jesus had to die for us on the cross to bring us back to that fellowship that was lost. But here is the kicker, when Jesus died, he went to Hell and snatched the keys from Satan. What keys. The kingdom. In Matthew 4:8-9 says, Again, the devil took him to a very hight mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. All this I will give you, he said," If you will bow down and worship me" So, at that time satan had the kingdom in his hands. But when Jesus died he went to Hell and snatched the Key from satan, he took to Kingdom back from satan that Adam lost. So, Jesus alrighty beat satan. Think of it like this, a sting ray has a stinger, now imagine Jesus taking away the stinger but leaving the ray. He cant sting you all he can do is bother you and get on you nerves. Think about a bee, If the stinger is removed he can't sting you. That is what Jesus has done to satan. satan knows that, that is why he trys to oppress us, depress us to hide the truth. Don't be scared of demons, unless your not in Christ and I hope that you are, but if not receive Jesus as your Lord and savior and allow the holy Spirit to live in you. Don' t you know that the same power that raised Jesus from the Dead is the same power in us. That is why Jesus said we will do greater works than him. John 14:12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 02:30 PM

40,246 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You are that the age where mental health issues begin to show an effect on you. Please be sure you see a doctor. Medicine will work more wonders than religion.
Please don't think that seeing a doctor means there is anything wrong with you, Enchanted. Your system is being assaulted by many powerful changes and your brain has not yet fully matured (and won't til your mid 20's) sufficiently to provide you with all the tools necessary to overcome some of these changes (depending on their severity). It is always a good idea to be checked out mentally and physically to make sure you are not fighting some disease as well. Please seek professional help as well as spiritual. Be well,
Mystic

Old 01-22-2009, 03:45 PM

9,728 posts, read 3,541,077 times
EnchantedEvergreen, I have delt with issues like this several times, so I took this to the Holy Spirit today asking for discernment. And this is what the spirit gave me for you: Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. ACTS 19:19

I believe you may have some books and games that are giving an open doorway to these demons. You must repent and get rid of these things.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM

604 posts, read 984,024 times
Has it occurred to anyone that the OP was said in jest to make a point or if not, to give some of us a good laugh?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,336,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Has it occurred to anyone that the OP was said in jest to make a point or if not, to give some of us a good laugh?
My thoughts as well.
However, the responses are a fascinating read. The year is not 2009 for everyone.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:46 PM

167 posts, read 355,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Please don't think that seeing a doctor means there is anything wrong with you, Enchanted. Your system is being assaulted by many powerful changes and your brain has not yet fully matured (and won't til your mid 20's) sufficiently to provide you with all the tools necessary to overcome some of these changes (depending on their severity). It is always a good idea to be checked out mentally and physically to make sure you are not fighting some disease as well. Please seek professional help as well as spiritual. Be well,
Mystic
I won't mind seeing a doctor. I have seen a few of them but they always sit with me for one session, tell me to change my surroundings, and that's it. I'm going to find a real doctor that I can stay with.

It's going to take while. I know I am still maturing and I have not found the right ways getting around these demon problem. I do not have a disease. I will seek professional and spiritual help.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 PM

167 posts, read 355,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
EnchantedEvergreen, I have delt with issues like this several times, so I took this to the Holy Spirit today asking for discernment. And this is what the spirit gave me for you: Also, many of those who had practiced magic brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. ACTS 19:19

I believe you may have some books and games that are giving an open doorway to these demons. You must repent and get rid of these things.
I do have items that open doors for these demons to get attempt to get inside me. I have not possessed the demons. I hear their voices in my mind, threatening to kill me, and it's all about mind control.

I will search my house for anything like that and will dispose of it. Also, I have recently acquired the habit of shouting "Jesus" whenever I feel that evil is about to again attempt to enter me. Shouting "Jesus" over and over again works. It works every time. I truly know that demons hate anything that is holy.

While trying to watch Bob Larson (someone I really like), the demons were losing power. They did all they could to get me to stop. They failed. I remember Bob's lectures about Spiritual Warfare. I also know that he has a radio show. I will visit boblarson.org and see if any of his shows are archived.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM

40,246 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
It seems a strange humor indeed when tortured minds are cause for laughter.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 AM

30,938 posts, read 31,833,210 times
Perhaps you could take a look at this site to ease your mind. Coping With Hearing Voices (http://www.enotalone.com/article/3109.html - broken link)

Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 AM

5 posts, read 8,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
I have demons trying to fully possess me. This has been going since late 2003! I having been doing all I can to prevent them from entering me. When I got rid of one demon, two more tried to get in. I finally got rid one demon last Friday that destroyed: a VCR, a pair of stereo headphones, another pair of headphones, communication to friends' e-mail addresses, and has shut my computer down at times for no reason. All the electronic items were working fine.
The two other demons as of today announced they would control and monitor my every move. Both pose as police officers from LA. One speaks like a valley guy with the odd pronunciation of words and the other one is older. He tries to talk like a gangster but like many other LA people, sounds like he's going to cry or something.
I don't know what to do. They keep reminding me that "they are there forever." They always like when "there is nothing I can do." I have tried subjecting myself to religious programs like Bob Larson. That only works a little bit because they are yelling at me to "turn him off right now." These demons are trying to control my subconcious. They are trying to make think that the only things I am good at are sex and being rich.
Throughout last year, while trying to complete a semester of college, all they did was criticize me and forced me to "give up." They said I could never pass my classes. I do all I can to avoid them and I do all I can not listen and think about them.
I am at the very end of my rope and I need some sort of help. I could try calling a pastor but I think I need something drastic.
one thing with u is not have spiritual relationship with lord Jesus christ , demon goes and bring other demons in u cuz u r having personal relationship Jesus . bible clearly say" sin no more otherwise u condiction will become more worst than previous so first conform ur relationship with Jesus christ by submitting urself in the hands of God and chase the devil he will flee from u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity