U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:48 AM

9,728 posts, read 3,539,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
I do have items that open doors for these demons to get attempt to get inside me. I have not possessed the demons. I hear their voices in my mind, threatening to kill me, and it's all about mind control.

I will search my house for anything like that and will dispose of it. Also, I have recently acquired the habit of shouting "Jesus" whenever I feel that evil is about to again attempt to enter me. Shouting "Jesus" over and over again works. It works every time. I truly know that demons hate anything that is holy.

While trying to watch Bob Larson (someone I really like), the demons were losing power. They did all they could to get me to stop. They failed. I remember Bob's lectures about Spiritual Warfare. I also know that he has a radio show. I will visit boblarson.org and see if any of his shows are archived.

Plead the Blood of Jesus. Demons hate that, since the Blood of Jesus sealed their doom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:25 AM

39 posts, read 60,581 times
Just to confirm a few things already mentioned here, attended a bible study last night about Deliverance (3rd week into it) and one of the participants has had very similar experiences to this. This person was open to many different faiths but the only thing that worked was pleading the Blood of Jesus and also had finally got fed up with the situation and took all authority over them. This person had to get to the low of lows to find this authority but manage to get the situation under control. This person also sought help through a x-psychiatrist who is now a believer who had alot of wisdom with how to deal with Deliverance and discernment of various types of Demons.
This person was blessed to find someone that could appropriately deal with the situation. It sounds like a battle that takes alot of faith and wisdom to deal with. Praying you can find answers and appropriate people put in your path to help you fight this battle.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM

7,559 posts, read 11,908,931 times
Bob Larson promotes anxiety among believers, if you ask me.

The OP's screen name is in itself delving into the occult, if you want to be specific.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,295,722 times
Quote:
I do have items that open doors for these demons to get attempt to get inside me. I have not possessed the demons. I hear their voices in my mind, threatening to kill me, and it's all about mind control.

I will search my house for anything like that and will dispose of it. Also, I have recently acquired the habit of shouting "Jesus" whenever I feel that evil is about to again attempt to enter me. Shouting "Jesus" over and over again works. It works every time. I truly know that demons hate anything that is holy.

While trying to watch Bob Larson (someone I really like), the demons were losing power. They did all they could to get me to stop. They failed. I remember Bob's lectures about Spiritual Warfare. I also know that he has a radio show. I will visit boblarson.org and see if any of his shows are archived.
This young person has every symptom of schizophrenia. I have worked with mental health issues for years, counseled inmates in a jail...the most powerful delusions of a schizophrenic are religious in content...not sure why but it is true. This is almost a text-book example and he/she really needs to be in the care of a mental health profession (not just a "doctor")

Old 01-23-2009, 08:30 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,052,256 times
The OP needs to see a psychiatrist for their mental problems, not a priest or a minister. Religion is fine if it brings her/him comfort, but the medical problem needs to be taken care of by a medical doctor. Unless ya'll are thinking the same way Tom Cruise does when he says psychiatry is a load of crap. Remember how silly he looked on that show? Don't be the same way and tell the OP that all they need is prayer to get over mental illness. Prayer may bring comfort, but it won't bring a cure for schizophrenia.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,728,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
The OP needs to see a psychiatrist for their mental problems, not a priest or a minister. Religion is fine if it brings her/him comfort, but the medical problem needs to be taken care of by a medical doctor. Unless ya'll are thinking the same way Tom Cruise does when he says psychiatry is a load of crap. Remember how silly he looked on that show? Don't be the same way and tell the OP that all they need is prayer to get over mental illness. Prayer may bring comfort, but it won't bring a cure for schizophrenia.
That depends. I believe we should leave it up to the church he is going to. We should pray that this particular clergy gives him good advice, either by helping him spiritually or helping him seek psychiatric help after all they have a bigger picture than we do.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:39 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,052,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That depends. I believe we should leave it up to the church he is going to. We should pray that this particular clergy gives him good advice, either by helping him spiritually or helping him seek psychiatric help after all they have a bigger picture than we do.
Because clergy are medical doctors. Right, I get it. Thanks, Mr. Cruise.

You remember Andrea Yates? She and her family tried to cure her "demons" with prayer and clergy, too. And yet, she killed all five of her children.

The OP needs to seek medical help. Prayer and clergy are fine for support, but the cure/help is in the medical profession, not the spiritual.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,295,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Unfortunately many untreated schizrophrenics end up committing suicide because they can no longer deal with the voices in their heads. This is not a disease that should be taken lightly...it is not his fault, it is a genetic thing...but it is very real and needs to be treated.

I agree it is his choice to seek treatment but only to a point. When he becomes a danger to himself or others (usually only to self) then someone needs to intervene. Your belief that prayer will heal a schizophrenic is right along the lines of Scientology. Schizophrenics are not controlled by demons!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 AM

13,577 posts, read 21,738,535 times
Enchanted Evergreen, I am assuming you are young..My best advice is..If you cannot seek help on your own, please ask a family member (Mom, Dad, Gramma) whoever you are closest to to make the appointment for you, first with your general physician, who can lead you to mental health people if there is nothing physically wrong with you..God had a hand in the science of medicine, and psychology, I am not so sure about the modern day exorcists though...In the time the scriptures were being written, there was very little scientific knowledge of medicine or the workings of mans mind so it was very easy to think that mentally disturbed people were "posessed " or being chased by demoms..My heart goes out to you, and I just pray that you seek first a medical opinion today....

Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 AM

3,540 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
I have demons trying to fully possess me. This has been going since late 2003! I having been doing all I can to prevent them from entering me. When I got rid of one demon, two more tried to get in. I finally got rid one demon last Friday that destroyed: a VCR, a pair of stereo headphones, another pair of headphones, communication to friends' e-mail addresses, and has shut my computer down at times for no reason. All the electronic items were working fine.
The two other demons as of today announced they would control and monitor my every move. Both pose as police officers from LA. One speaks like a valley guy with the odd pronunciation of words and the other one is older. He tries to talk like a gangster but like many other LA people, sounds like he's going to cry or something.
I don't know what to do. They keep reminding me that "they are there forever." They always like when "there is nothing I can do." I have tried subjecting myself to religious programs like Bob Larson. That only works a little bit because they are yelling at me to "turn him off right now." These demons are trying to control my subconcious. They are trying to make think that the only things I am good at are sex and being rich.
Throughout last year, while trying to complete a semester of college, all they did was criticize me and forced me to "give up." They said I could never pass my classes. I do all I can to avoid them and I do all I can not listen and think about them.
I am at the very end of my rope and I need some sort of help. I could try calling a pastor but I think I need something drastic.
I do believe that demon possession exists, albeit rare.
For the Church to validate possession, an exhausitive review must be completed, including ruling out mental illness.

Remember that satan is cunning, and will diguise "himself" as an angle of light.
If in fact, you are "under direct attack",
there is nothing you can do on your own unaided selfwill.
You are not strong enough.
You need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity