U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,798 posts, read 6,158,477 times
Reputation: 2525

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
You can also put a dab of oil on you computer and pray over it since it is a door into your home.

If you have meditated or played with Oiji boards, or played with Tarot cards or had you palms read. Any divination is an open door to the demonic. This include tea reading, bird divination and I avoid water divining and fortune cookies just to make sure.
Hmm I don't think putting oil on an electrical device is a very good idea.

Meditation is actually a very good way to connect with "spirit" it does not open yourself up to demons.

To the OP, please seek out medical attention. Peace to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Reputation: 12629
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
More like 2,000 years ago when Jesus cast out demons.
Still stuck in that time warp are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
 
381 posts, read 684,191 times
Reputation: 161
let me say that I have fought on the battlefield with the powers of darkness. they tried to destroy me financially, ruin my marriage and attack my kids. my ex partner, a demon in disguise , and a son of the prince of liars infiltrated my home, my head and my heart. he almost succeeded in brainwashing me and by the grace of god I fought back at the last moment and rebelled.
it was 11 years ago and i have been keeping watch over my house and putting on the armor ever sense.
My bible says, " we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers.

My friend , if you read nothing else, read ephesians 6 every morning, every day at noon and every night.


what i have found is that the enemy attacks those weak in the faith.

let me give a few examples. 8 years ago, we had moved since the stalking by my ex partner and the threats and legal problems I had took its toll. I lost over 700,000 dollars after 15 years of hard work. i gauranteed every company debt personally. my partner not a one.

the enemy intimidates through fear. fear weakens...I was almost powerless, debased, and without any ability ro resist. god sent me a sign.

when i rebelled against my partner and signed over the company I started, you would think it was over. after all, He won. But the devil isn't happy with that. he wants to destroy every part of your life.

BUT GREATER IS HE THAT IS WITHIN ME AMEN! i AM GOING TO START PREACHING HERE.

In 2000, one night my 7 year old son came running to me crying about the noise he heard in his head. He was under attack. I started praying over him and rebuked the enemy. I stand guard over my house in the wee hours. I am the high priest of my house.

Satan attacks my spouse. my spouse use to curse me for what we went through but I stood my ground. after all it wasn't flesh and blood I was warring with.

In 2006, i returned from a men's devotion trip and my wife started a tirade about the house. then we went to a party and got into in the car. I recognized right then was was happening. at the party, my son called and said he couldn't stay in the house. we had just moved in. been there about 2 months. He was being tormented. We rushed home to find him standing in the front yard. i walked in the house and started praying , walking through each room, praising God , invoking the name of Jesus and lifting up Hisname up in glory and holiness. we had restful sleep that night. He's never been back. I listen to BBN all the time. I listen to the late lehman Strauss, a great bible scholar, available on Podcast as well as the late Vernon mcGee.

My point is, like in Acts 19:15, if you want to survive and God has called you out of this world, then the whole armor is important every day. I am the protector of the house. I can't let the enemy gain an advantage by subversion. god has equipped me to do battle and I know satan curses my name every day beofre the throne as he did Joshua in zechariah 3.


I have friends who have come under attack. one owns a christian bookstore. Each time a brother comes under attack, I take them out for coffee and we share. I tell them, " there is a bullseye on you now and you need to know it. Stand firm, gird your loins and put on that whole armor of god" In Jesus christ, we have power to overcome and we do.
col 2:15, Jesus triumphed over principalites andpowers and made a spectacle ( a laughing stock) of them

When I look back to 1997, i saw how close i came to being a prisoner in the flesh. i almost believe I was able to have committed white collar crime, because this demon partner I had so cleverly wooed me to sleep at the wheel, when I woke up the light I saw was an oncoming train. I was saved and it wasn't easy. But with Christ, I can do all things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 4,009,782 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Hmm I don't think putting oil on an electrical device is a very good idea.

Meditation is actually a very good way to connect with "spirit" it does not open yourself up to demons.

To the OP, please seek out medical attention. Peace to you.
I said a dab of oil with the tip of your finger. I am not talking about pouring bottles of oil over your computer.

What spirit are you connecting with? If its not meditating on the word of God (that is thinking about it and how it applies to your life), then you are opening up yourself to the demonic world only. That is the only spirits you are talking with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 4,009,782 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
let me say that I have fought on the battlefield with the powers of darkness. they tried to destroy me financially, ruin my marriage and attack my kids. my ex partner, a demon in disguise , and a son of the prince of liars infiltrated my home, my head and my heart. he almost succeeded in brainwashing me and by the grace of god I fought back at the last moment and rebelled.
it was 11 years ago and i have been keeping watch over my house and putting on the armor ever sense.
My bible says, " we don't wrestle against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers.

My friend , if you read nothing else, read ephesians 6 every morning, every day at noon and every night.


what i have found is that the enemy attacks those weak in the faith.

let me give a few examples. 8 years ago, we had moved since the stalking by my ex partner and the threats and legal problems I had took its toll. I lost over 700,000 dollars after 15 years of hard work. i gauranteed every company debt personally. my partner not a one.

the enemy intimidates through fear. fear weakens...I was almost powerless, debased, and without any ability ro resist. god sent me a sign.

when i rebelled against my partner and signed over the company I started, you would think it was over. after all, He won. But the devil isn't happy with that. he wants to destroy every part of your life.

BUT GREATER IS HE THAT IS WITHIN ME AMEN! i AM GOING TO START PREACHING HERE.

In 2000, one night my 7 year old son came running to me crying about the noise he heard in his head. He was under attack. I started praying over him and rebuked the enemy. I stand guard over my house in the wee hours. I am the high priest of my house.

Satan attacks my spouse. my spouse use to curse me for what we went through but I stood my ground. after all it wasn't flesh and blood I was warring with.

In 2006, i returned from a men's devotion trip and my wife started a tirade about the house. then we went to a party and got into in the car. I recognized right then was was happening. at the party, my son called and said he couldn't stay in the house. we had just moved in. been there about 2 months. He was being tormented. We rushed home to find him standing in the front yard. i walked in the house and started praying , walking through each room, praising God , invoking the name of Jesus and lifting up Hisname up in glory and holiness. we had restful sleep that night. He's never been back. I listen to BBN all the time. I listen to the late lehman Strauss, a great bible scholar, available on Podcast as well as the late Vernon mcGee.

My point is, like in Acts 19:15, if you want to survive and God has called you out of this world, then the whole armor is important every day. I am the protector of the house. I can't let the enemy gain an advantage by subversion. god has equipped me to do battle and I know satan curses my name every day beofre the throne as he did Joshua in zechariah 3.


I have friends who have come under attack. one owns a christian bookstore. Each time a brother comes under attack, I take them out for coffee and we share. I tell them, " there is a bullseye on you now and you need to know it. Stand firm, gird your loins and put on that whole armor of god" In Jesus christ, we have power to overcome and we do.
col 2:15, Jesus triumphed over principalites andpowers and made a spectacle ( a laughing stock) of them

When I look back to 1997, i saw how close i came to being a prisoner in the flesh. i almost believe I was able to have committed white collar crime, because this demon partner I had so cleverly wooed me to sleep at the wheel, when I woke up the light I saw was an oncoming train. I was saved and it wasn't easy. But with Christ, I can do all things
Good testimony dave737driver!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:12 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 4,009,782 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Too bad the OP didn't post this question in a different forum like "Other Topics" or "Health and Wellness," she would have been given better advice. Some of these answers seem to be reinforcing her delusions.

Fortune cookies might bring the devil into my house? That is a very sad way to live your life Nikk.
The problem is that humans will take advice from the fortune cookie and not from God who has given all wisdow in his holy word, the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 4,009,782 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Very knowledgeable and practical post.
Thanks sandgirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 4,009,782 times
Reputation: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yes Niik...Your post will do more harm than good. The OP needs to get cleared medically before any other steps are taken. Your superstitions are very strange to me, to say the least.
I agree that medical help is good. But clearly the OP is dealing with demonic attach. I just happen to have spent many years fighting the devil, so I know a few things of the spirit world. I have been attacked many times and my family has been attacked many times. The devil hates those who have submitted themselves to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. If you do not have this kind of relationship with the Father, then you wouldn't understand.

I do not fear Satan or his angels, because they are already defeated. But, they are still going to be around hindering the human race for a while. That is why Satan is so angry, because he knows his time is short.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
 
1,146 posts, read 1,418,914 times
Reputation: 145
Lightbulb Submitting to God early in the morning,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
I have demons trying to fully possess me. This has been going since late 2003! I having been doing all I can to prevent them from entering me. When I got rid of one demon, two more tried to get in. I finally got rid one demon last Friday that destroyed: a VCR, a pair of stereo headphones, another pair of headphones, communication to friends' e-mail addresses, and has shut my computer down at times for no reason. All the electronic items were working fine.
The two other demons as of today announced they would control and monitor my every move. Both pose as police officers from LA. One speaks like a valley guy with the odd pronunciation of words and the other one is older. He tries to talk like a gangster but like many other LA people, sounds like he's going to cry or something.
I don't know what to do. They keep reminding me that "they are there forever." They always like when "there is nothing I can do." I have tried subjecting myself to religious programs like Bob Larson. That only works a little bit because they are yelling at me to "turn him off right now." These demons are trying to control my subconcious. They are trying to make think that the only things I am good at are sex and being rich.
Throughout last year, while trying to complete a semester of college, all they did was criticize me and forced me to "give up." They said I could never pass my classes. I do all I can to avoid them and I do all I can not listen and think about them.
I am at the very end of my rope and I need some sort of help. I could try calling a pastor but I think I need something drastic.

Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God.

1 Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Rear James 4:1 - 10.Resist . . . devil -- Under his banner pride and envy are enlisted in the world; resist his temptations to these. Faith, humble prayers, and heavenly wisdom, are the weapons of resistance. The language is taken from warfare. "Submit" as a good soldier puts himself in complete subjection to his captain. "Resist," stand bravely against.

He will flee -- Translate, "he shall flee." For it is a promise of God, not a mere assurance from man to man [ALFORD]. He shall flee worsted as he did from Christ.

To put the whole Armor of God. In Ephesians 6:10- 18.

Eph. 6:16 The Shied of Faith. Faith is knowing that God will keep His promises. Faith in God protects you are tempted to doubt.

Eph. 6: 17. The Helmet of Salvation. Put the Hemet of Salvation by believing that Jesus Christ died for your sins and again.
The New Birth.

Eph. 6:14. The Breastplate of Righteousness. Righteousness is being honest, good, humble, and fair to others. It means standing up for weaker people.

Galatians 5: 22,23. The Fruit of the Spirit. Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self- Control, and Longsuffering.

Eph. 6:14.The Belt of Truth. truth keeps us from giving in to the world’s beliefs. Compare your beliefs and actions to the truth of the word of God.
Psalms 100: 3 - 5; Know ye that the Lord he is God; it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Eph. 6:17. The Sword of the Spirit. Which is the word of God. God’s word is our offensive weapon. When we tell others what the Bible says, the Holy Spirit helps people see their bad thoughts and actions, and makes them want to be forgiven.

Eph 6:17. Feet Prepared with the Gospel of Peace. The Gospel of peace is being contented in troubled times. Jesus said blessed the peacemakers, that shall be the Children of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,902,298 times
Reputation: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Submitting to God early in the morning, will give you the ability to resist temptation from the devil in the afternoon, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God.
Every day...submit and commit. Thanks for your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top