U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
 
167 posts, read 355,275 times
Reputation: 81

Advertisements

This was a lot of readingon my part. I thank everyone for each and every reply on my thread. I have been really caught up in school. So the demon is distanced farther and farther away as a result. Because of my input and work, my strength is greater than my misfortunate losses. I have made time out to read my Bible. I will confess, I love to meditate. I started two years ago. I am now to the point in which I can do it everyday. I usually do this for an hour or two. I'll meditate after I get up, after get ready for bed, and once if I get up late at night. It also lulls me to sleep when I am unable to sleep. I heard this is a beautiful way of connecting spiritually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
 
Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,290,265 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
I said a dab of oil with the tip of your finger. I am not talking about pouring bottles of oil over your computer.

What spirit are you connecting with? If its not meditating on the word of God (that is thinking about it and how it applies to your life), then you are opening up yourself to the demonic world only. That is the only spirits you are talking with.


I would be willing to bet you have never studied nor practised meditation. It has nothing to do with connecting with a spirit...only your own spirit, so to speak. You really need to stop commenting on things of which you know little about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
 
40,056 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedEvergreen View Post
This was a lot of readingon my part. I thank everyone for each and every reply on my thread. I have been really caught up in school. So the demon is distanced farther and farther away as a result. Because of my input and work, my strength is greater than my misfortunate losses. I have made time out to read my Bible. I will confess, I love to meditate. I started two years ago. I am now to the point in which I can do it everyday. I usually do this for an hour or two. I'll meditate after I get up, after get ready for bed, and once if I get up late at night. It also lulls me to sleep when I am unable to sleep. I heard this is a beautiful way of connecting spiritually.
Meditation has many states that are difficult to achieve . . . but even the early states are beneficial as you learn to quiet your mind and slow (eventually stop) the racing thoughts. It would be useful to get one of the heart monitors for monitoring during exercise. Practice slowing your heart rate and breathing as you meditate. It will build your sense of control and deepen the meditative state eventually . . . it will take a long time tho. I would still seek professional help from a psychiatrist. They can rule out many actual dysfunctions. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,883 posts, read 31,765,340 times
Reputation: 12628
Meditation is a good thing for me...I have a couple of heart arrhythmia problems. I sometime have a bout of Atrial fibrillation and my heart beats erratically up to 190 bpm. I also have a condition called bigeminy which is a double heart beat and can be really annoying when trying to sleep. Over the past three years I have slowly gained control over these through meditation and that control is improving all the time....Basically I can will my heart to behave itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 PM
 
40,056 posts, read 26,739,576 times
Reputation: 6050
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Meditation is a good thing for me...I have a couple of heart arrhythmia problems. I sometime have a bout of Atrial fibrillation and my heart beats erratically up to 190 bpm. I also have a condition called bigeminy which is a double heart beat and can be really annoying when trying to sleep. Over the past three years I have slowly gained control over these through meditation and that control is improving all the time....Basically I can will my heart to behave itself.
That is good news, sanspeur . . . the more control you achieve the deeper you will be able to reach while retaining control and awareness. I'm optimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
 
167 posts, read 355,275 times
Reputation: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Meditation has many states that are difficult to achieve . . . but even the early states are beneficial as you learn to quiet your mind and slow (eventually stop) the racing thoughts. It would be useful to get one of the heart monitors for monitoring during exercise. Practice slowing your heart rate and breathing as you meditate. It will build your sense of control and deepen the meditative state eventually . . . it will take a long time tho. I would still seek professional help from a psychiatrist. They can rule out many actual dysfunctions. Good luck.
Thank you. This is exactly what I want to do. A heart monitor is a great investment on my part. I am currently seeing a great, experienced psychiatrist. She has been helping me return to "pre-demon" levels (think prior to fall '03).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top