Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,648 times

Advertisements

My heart goes out to the OP. Please see a reputable psychiatrist. There is no need to suffer. While the Catholic church still practices the rite of exorcism, they make the person go thru a battery of medical tests to rule out other factors. Charles Whitman, who shot several people at the University of Texas, was found to have a brain tumor. To suggest prayer alone can fix this is irresponsible at best. If medical factors are ruled out then I would seek any/all spiritual help. This is not the OP fault. I have played with a ouija board and nothing happened to me so I don't see how reading books could cause demonic oppression. I don't know if demons exist but if they do why don't we hear more about it? Good luck to the OP, God bless you and we will keep you in our prayers that you get help. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:47 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
EnchantedEvergreen, I was possessed by a demon and a Christian at the same time. Sometimes people have demons and don't know they are there. They think that the thoughts they have are there own. It was after the demon in me left that I realized the times he sublety inserted words in my mind to attempt to fool me into thinking they were my own.

There are may reasons why a demon will trouble you so much and not seem to want to get lost. I will hopefully note a few that may be able to help you.

Some locations on this earth are perticualarily attractive to the demonic. For example any location that had a violent death or Murder. Any place that was used by an occult group. To clean the location there are several methods but no one practice that will work for every situation. You can walk around the property praying. Doing this several times, like seven or more sometimes helps. See Joshua and Jerico. Some times breaking what are called Lay lines by slashing at the air with your hand while praying. (lay lines are lines that demons move on typically across the earth). Scripture verses on small stakes can be put in the ground at the four corners of a property and prayer to errect a holy tent over the site can work (the property must be owned by the individual or the own must give consent that they agree with this). What I find works well with houses is to anoint every post and lintle in the house (include windows) and at the very end anoint the front door, but before you do command any demon in the house to go where Jesus sends it, then anoint the door. Any oil can be used for this purpose. The oil just represents the blood of Jesus and the type does not matter. I prefer to use Extra Virgin Olive oil because this is what I cook with.

As has been said remove anything that relates to the Occult, that has an image of a demon. This includes any Music reccords or posters. Also check through you harddrive on your computer. You can also put a dab of oil on you computer and pray over it since it is a door into your home. Any portal into the home is not necessarily bad, so use the holy spirit to help you decern if a perticular portal should be shut or left open. Generally a walk through of the home can be done to pray for all the rooms and check the status of each room.

If you rent then it is difficult to shut every access to the spiritual world because the owner has ownership and authority over that property. They may be involved in whitch craft and you don't know about it. In this case you have to daily pray and anoint all that you are allowed, since you are paying for that space. The same issue holds true for any home that is owned by a parrent or spose. They have the authority not you so, you are limited in what you can do.

Many objects may seem OK but may have curses placed on them. I have seen objects from Haitti or Jamaica that seemed harmless yet when the stiching was removed death curses where found inside written on small pieces of cardboard or paper.

Another area that may affect you in the spirit relm is if you did any activity that might have opened you up for attacks in the spirit relm. This will include acupuncture or blood letting. These activities gives the owners of the knives or needles authority over your. Seek prayer for this. If you have meditated or played with Oiji boards, or played with Tarot cards or had you palms read. Any divination is an open door to the demonic. This include tea reading, bird divination and I avoid water divining and fortune cookies just to make sure. But, I love that Chineese food.

Animals can be possessed also, but a simple dab of oil on your finger, place it on their head and pray. Birds and fish you can anoint the outside of the tank or cage. Remember it is not the amout of oil. It is just a representation of the blood of Christ.

I will think if there is any other method I know of. I God brings anything to your mind post it and we can figure out a solution. Remember that with his arm God saves and with his finger he casts out demons. Demons are a minor issue in the scheme of things, but it is good once they are gone and stopped hindering us.

Stand on the word and read the bible whenever you can. Also, we keep praise CD's playing all the time in our living room. This makes the room really peaceful and spiritually clean.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:56 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Too bad the OP didn't post this question in a different forum like "Other Topics" or "Health and Wellness," she would have been given better advice. Some of these answers seem to be reinforcing her delusions.

Fortune cookies might bring the devil into my house? That is a very sad way to live your life Nikk.

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 01-23-2009 at 04:31 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Yes Niik...Your post will do more harm than good. The OP needs to get cleared medically before any other steps are taken. Your superstitions are very strange to me, to say the least.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Too bad the OP didn't post this question in a different forum like "Other Topics" or "Health and Wellness," she would have been given better advice. Some of these answers seem to be reinforcing her delusions.

Fortune cookies might bring the devil into my house? That is a very sad way to live your life Nikk.
Right, the "answers" certainly couldn't be a healthy solution to this problem.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
EnchantedEvergreen, I was possessed by a demon and a Christian at the same time. Sometimes people have demons and don't know they are there. They think that the thoughts they have are there own. It was after the demon in me left that I realized the times he sublety inserted words in my mind to attempt to fool me into thinking they were my own.

There are may reasons why a demon will trouble you so much and not seem to want to get lost. I will hopefully note a few that may be able to help you.

Some locations on this earth are perticualarily attractive to the demonic. For example any location that had a violent death or Murder. Any place that was used by an occult group. To clean the location there are several methods but no one practice that will work for every situation. You can walk around the property praying. Doing this several times, like seven or more sometimes helps. See Joshua and Jerico. Some times breaking what are called Lay lines by slashing at the air with your hand while praying. (lay lines are lines that demons move on typically across the earth). Scripture verses on small stakes can be put in the ground at the four corners of a property and prayer to errect a holy tent over the site can work (the property must be owned by the individual or the own must give consent that they agree with this). What I find works well with houses is to anoint every post and lintle in the house (include windows) and at the very end anoint the front door, but before you do command any demon in the house to go where Jesus sends it, then anoint the door. Any oil can be used for this purpose. The oil just represents the blood of Jesus and the type does not matter. I prefer to use Extra Virgin Olive oil because this is what I cook with.

As has been said remove anything that relates to the Occult, that has an image of a demon. This includes any Music reccords or posters. Also check through you harddrive on your computer. You can also put a dab of oil on you computer and pray over it since it is a door into your home. Any portal into the home is not necessarily bad, so use the holy spirit to help you decern if a perticular portal should be shut or left open. Generally a walk through of the home can be done to pray for all the rooms and check the status of each room.

If you rent then it is difficult to shut every access to the spiritual world because the owner has ownership and authority over that property. They may be involved in whitch craft and you don't know about it. In this case you have to daily pray and anoint all that you are allowed, since you are paying for that space. The same issue holds true for any home that is owned by a parrent or spose. They have the authority not you so, you are limited in what you can do.

Many objects may seem OK but may have curses placed on them. I have seen objects from Haitti or Jamaica that seemed harmless yet when the stiching was removed death curses where found inside written on small pieces of cardboard or paper.

Another area that may affect you in the spirit relm is if you did any activity that might have opened you up for attacks in the spirit relm. This will include acupuncture or blood letting. These activities gives the owners of the knives or needles authority over your. Seek prayer for this. If you have meditated or played with Oiji boards, or played with Tarot cards or had you palms read. Any divination is an open door to the demonic. This include tea reading, bird divination and I avoid water divining and fortune cookies just to make sure. But, I love that Chineese food.

Animals can be possessed also, but a simple dab of oil on your finger, place it on their head and pray. Birds and fish you can anoint the outside of the tank or cage. Remember it is not the amout of oil. It is just a representation of the blood of Christ.

I will think if there is any other method I know of. I God brings anything to your mind post it and we can figure out a solution. Remember that with his arm God saves and with his finger he casts out demons. Demons are a minor issue in the scheme of things, but it is good once they are gone and stopped hindering us.

Stand on the word and read the bible whenever you can. Also, we keep praise CD's playing all the time in our living room. This makes the room really peaceful and spiritually clean.

Very knowledgeable and practical post.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:59 PM

76 posts, read 203,818 times
Quote:
That depends. I believe we should leave it up to the church he is going to. We should pray that this particular clergy gives him good advice, either by helping him spiritually or helping him seek psychiatric help after all they have a bigger picture than we do.
I highly disagree there. The OP's mental health should not be left up to the clergy! They have no medical training. The only training they have are in spiritual matters and contrary to what a lot of people believe they should not have the power to make a decision like that in someone's life.

To the OP, please seek out a counselor. There are a lot of good Christian counselors out there that could help you. Whatever you do seek some kind of mental help.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ml#post7077008

Yes, Without a doubt you need professional help. Try a different Dr., Bless.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:19 AM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Very knowledgeable and practical post.
Really? It sounds like something that may have been prescribed by a Gypsy witch doctor 500 years ago.

Old 01-24-2009, 06:50 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really? It sounds like something that may have been prescribed by a Gypsy witch doctor 500 years ago.

More like 2,000 years ago when Jesus cast out demons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity