U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 AM

302 posts, read 476,824 times

Advertisements

This article is not intended to remind Christians of their duty to God in family relationships. Certainly, we must do everything possible to provide for the needs of our family, act toward them in a loving and caring manner and give them an example of rightous living ...

Brothers and sisters in Christ, I know that some of you have done all of those things. You have searched the scriptures for wisdom, you have prayed --and still your family is a shattered mess.

Behind your brave smile, your mind is troubled with questions about what you might have done wrong --or what you should do now to cure the hostility and maliciousness of that one you love so dearly. Yet, there seems to be no solution to the problem.

Then, when you hear politians and preachers talk about building strong family relationships --that just makes you feel more inadequate and guilty. Sometimes your mind imagines happy family gatherings like the ones Norman Rockwell used to paint --but that just puts a lump in your throat and makes you feel like crying. You feel so alone because your family doesn't even want you.

I believe that it is time for someone to speak out and talk about what I will call "The Humpty Dumpty Factor" in family relationships. Do you remember that nursery rhyme about the little egg that sat on the wall, and had a great fall, and all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again?

Well, the Humpty Dumpty Factor in family relationships happened when Adam fell in the garden. Since then, righteous people have suffered many kinds of persecutions from their families. Such as: Cain killed Abel; Joseph was sold into slavery; and, the kinsmen of Jesus publicly mocked him. Those cases clearly show us there is no fellowship between light and darkness.

It is unfortunate that preachers seem reluctant to talk about the changes that come into family relationships when one person comes to Jesus and begins to live a righteous life. If the believer is unprepared for his trial, then when the hostility begins, his suffering is more intense because he doesn't understand that it is a normal experience.

Jesus told people, up-front, to count the cost of following him. He warned his followers that their families would be their enemies --but still, I can't remember ever hearing a sermon on these words of Jesus:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matt 10:34-37

"Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Mark 13:12-13

When we are mistreated, our duty is to pray for those who despitefully use us and persecute us. Then, we need to have the wisdom to understand that "All the king's horses and all the king's men" can not change another person's heart. Only God can give the gifts of faith and repentance. Let us always be thankful that He has given them to us.

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 AM

10,290 posts, read 8,262,279 times
Thank you.....Donna!

I really agree. There is not enough teaching in this area in the church.

One really needs to understand this part of our walk with the Lord.... it is overwhelming and hurts to one when this enters into our lives... and need the comforting of the Lord through our brother and sister in Him to helps us to be overcomer's and endure till the end.

It is not going to get easier as the time draws nearer to His coming, but the Lord can give us strength through the support of His people in whom all of us it is hitting one way or another.

I really needed to hear the Lord speak this into my heart today!! And do praise Him for putting it on the heart of one who is sensitive to the call of doing so....

Blessings to you....

Old 01-22-2009, 07:10 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,420,510 times
"...there is no fellowship between light and darkness..."...my goodness...have I EVER learned this to be true!! So...I've attempted to conquer this seperation by praying for God to help me just to be quiet and allow my actions to speak to them (the unsaved loved ones) instead, this "inaction" has made a noticable difference in their attitudes toward me...in their respect for me, they (unawareingly) make better choices when they know they are planning an event that I am included in...has been a positive experience!
Excellant thread Donna! Very sensitive to the needs of others...Love

Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 AM

13,572 posts, read 21,717,516 times
A sincere prayer for those of you who face family criticisms and mental abuse because of your standing firm in your faith...Stay strong in your convictions, stay humble in your actions, and stay close to Him in prayer...

Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 AM

302 posts, read 476,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Thank you.....Donna!

I really agree. There is not enough teaching in this area in the church.

One really needs to understand this part of our walk with the Lord.... it is overwhelming and hurts to one when this enters into our lives... and need the comforting of the Lord through our brother and sister in Him to helps us to be overcomer's and endure till the end.

It is not going to get easier as the time draws nearer to His coming, but the Lord can give us strength through the support of His people in whom all of us it is hitting one way or another.

I really needed to hear the Lord speak this into my heart today!! And do praise Him for putting it on the heart of one who is sensitive to the call of doing so....

Blessings to you....
Blessings to you, too Curly. We thank God for his mercies and comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Donna

Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,505,013 times
Default Right On Donna!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
This article is not intended to remind Christians of their duty to God in family relationships. Certainly, we must do everything possible to provide for the needs of our family, act toward them in a loving and caring manner and give them an example of rightous living ...

Brothers and sisters in Christ, I know that some of you have done all of those things. You have searched the scriptures for wisdom, you have prayed --and still your family is a shattered mess.

Behind your brave smile, your mind is troubled with questions about what you might have done wrong --or what you should do now to cure the hostility and maliciousness of that one you love so dearly. Yet, there seems to be no solution to the problem.

Then, when you hear politians and preachers talk about building strong family relationships --that just makes you feel more inadequate and guilty. Sometimes your mind imagines happy family gatherings like the ones Norman Rockwell used to paint --but that just puts a lump in your throat and makes you feel like crying. You feel so alone because your family doesn't even want you.

I believe that it is time for someone to speak out and talk about what I will call "The Humpty Dumpty Factor" in family relationships. Do you remember that nursery rhyme about the little egg that sat on the wall, and had a great fall, and all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again?

Well, the Humpty Dumpty Factor in family relationships happened when Adam fell in the garden. Since then, righteous people have suffered many kinds of persecutions from their families. Such as: Cain killed Abel; Joseph was sold into slavery; and, the kinsmen of Jesus publicly mocked him. Those cases clearly show us there is no fellowship between light and darkness.

It is unfortunate that preachers seem reluctant to talk about the changes that come into family relationships when one person comes to Jesus and begins to live a righteous life. If the believer is unprepared for his trial, then when the hostility begins, his suffering is more intense because he doesn't understand that it is a normal experience.

Jesus told people, up-front, to count the cost of following him. He warned his followers that their families would be their enemies --but still, I can't remember ever hearing a sermon on these words of Jesus:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matt 10:34-37

"Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." Mark 13:12-13

When we are mistreated, our duty is to pray for those who despitefully use us and persecute us. Then, we need to have the wisdom to understand that "All the king's horses and all the king's men" can not change another person's heart. Only God can give the gifts of faith and repentance. Let us always be thankful that He has given them to us.

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info

Donna:
You are barking up my tree now!!
You have made my day and hopefully set some new Christians as well as old believers free.
If every believer can just understand this ,the they will be walking in true victory,,,
This is how I usually tell how close or far I stand in the annointing of God!!
The more they hate me, set traps, snares the whole ball of wax; the more
closer I am to victory in Christ Jesus. If they start getting too sweet, I
"Lift up Ye heads oh ye gates and be lifted up ye everlasting doors
and the king of glory shall come in
Who is this king? the Lord strong and mighty, the lord mighty in battle....
"The Lord of Hosts is His name, He is the King of Glory"
(paraphrased)
Rep point in order ,and also a rep in the spirit
May God continue to Bless you and your Household according to your
faith and God's word in Christ Jesus's Name
thanks for this post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or