Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,423,489 times

Advertisements

I really enjoy my church's choir, and I sing in one of the 4 choirs that my church has. It's great to be part of the music ministry, and be of an encouragement to members and potential members through songs and praises to God.

Last edited by antredd; 01-24-2009 at 12:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 01:51 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I really enjoy my church's choir, and I sing in one of the 4 choirs that my church has. It's great to be part of the music ministry, and be of an encouragement to members and potential members through songs and praises to God.
To answer your question: YES! They do serve a purpose! I absolutely LOVE choir singing! The only thing that comes close is quartets...IMO...

Bud

Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Singing is a gift of the Holy Spirit..a beautiful gift

Old 01-24-2009, 05:53 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,673 times
Arrow You've got it, my sweet never-miss BLUE..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Singing is a gift of the Holy Spirit..a beautiful gift
... to you, with love, from ...

YouTube - CLOUDS OF GRACE 02

Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You know that is a really interesting question. I personally would say, No in my church with the bands, song leaders and loud music.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Smile Sing unto the Lord a New Song!!!

It ABSOLUTELY serves a wonderful purpose! God loves music!!! The songs sung by His people of Him and about Him and to Him and for Him and because of Him blesses HIS heart! Oh...to be able to bless the heart of God!! How precious is that! I also sing the alto part in the ensemble at our church...knowing that I first have to be in His presence before I can lead others into His presence causes me to rise up early on Sunday morning...and lovingly seek His precious heart...and pray...and read His word for me that day, and come into His presence...and thank Him for the opportunity to serve Him in such a beautiful way...it is an honor and a privaledge to do so!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!...Love

Old 04-20-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
You know that is a really interesting question. I personally would say, No in my church with the bands, song leaders and loud music.
LOL, what is wrong with loud music for the Lord? The world surely can make loud music for themselves.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:53 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,276 times
Its not that it's loud. It's that it is poorly written crap. What happened to "It Is Well With My Soul", or "Amazing Grace". Contemporary Christian music is for the birds, doves though they may be.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Its not that it's loud. It's that it is poorly written crap. What happened to "It Is Well With My Soul", or "Amazing Grace". Contemporary Christian music is for the birds, doves though they may be.
I do understand, but the alternative is what? Gangsta rap, very crude sexual lyrics in many of our top 100 songs played on the radio. What happened to leaving room for the imagination? Now these singers are very graphic and want you to know all of the details to get people (especially our children) riled up and horned up to buy those songs to repeat what they have seen in those nasty videos.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
What you don't like these lyrics

"My God Reigns. My God Reigns. My God Reigggggns. My God Reigns." ???

Those are brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity