U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 AM

3,587 posts, read 3,665,054 times

Advertisements

I'm a single female and I'm enjoying every bit of it. I love being single because it allows me to center my life around Christ with no interuptions or aggravations. Theres nothing wrong with dating, or being married, but the single life is lovely. This is only for people who really enjoy being single and want to live their life for God. I'm not saying that I don't want to marry someday, but if I don't I want cry or walk around depressed. Often people who are depended on other people, or are use to being in relationships, look at people who are single and happy, and think they are crazy, only because they need someone to make them feel good. Christ is the man in my life and he is the best man in the world. So, I'm just wandering how many others are out there loving their single life, and loving God at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 05:03 AM

3 posts, read 11,242 times
Hi shawn_2828,

I'm just wondering, have you found out what's calling God for you- marriage or singleness?
I'm 34 y/o female and I am single, and I'm yet to find out what's God's gift for me. At my age, (in my culture, I am way passed my 'sell by date'..hehe), I enjoyed my single life MOST of the time but there were moments where I long for a marriage...:-)

Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,832,754 times
Default not single... and not a woman... but

I have had the pleasure of meeting and sharing God's truth with many singles. Let me just say... God will honor you for your faith in Him.

However... as with all singles, male or female, accountability and transparency with other Christians is essential. A cord of three strands is not easily broken.

Blessings.......

Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 AM

8,830 posts, read 6,295,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I'm a single female and I'm enjoying every bit of it. I love being single because it allows me to center my life around Christ with no interuptions or aggravations. Theres nothing wrong with dating, or being married, but the single life is lovely. This is only for people who really enjoy being single and want to live their life for God. I'm not saying that I don't want to marry someday, but if I don't I want cry or walk around depressed. Often people who are depended on other people, or are use to being in relationships, look at people who are single and happy, and think they are crazy, only because they need someone to make them feel good. Christ is the man in my life and he is the best man in the world. So, I'm just wandering how many others are out there loving their single life, and loving God at the same time.
I'm right there with you, Shawn!!! Single, living for the Lord and loving it!! People look at me crazy when I say Jesus is my husband, and like you I'm not against marriage again but after two failed ones, it's definitely not a priority. I have found that even dating takes my focus off of God. There's no relationship worth that. Besides, I don't think we have enough time left in this world to even be bothered. I'd rather focus on helping people get to know my 'husband'.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Yea, I'm with you, Jesus is our spiritual husband and he is the best thing that has happened to me in this life. Well, to be honest I don't want to get married, I prefer to stay single, and I know that if God is calling me to be single, then dating is out of the question. This means I will have to be faithful to Jesus, as my husband, and I'm cool with that. If God calls you to be celibate, he will give you the grace to live that life. If he does not give you the grace to live single, you will have a hard time living single. Dating or marriage is not my priority, God is. If someone is called to be married, I am happy for them, because God has a person for them to marry. But if God calls you to be celibate, then he as also provided a husband, Jesus. So, either way, you win. As you read in the bible there were some who did not marry, like Paul. In a society today marriage is the hip thing to do, and if you break that tradition, people look at you like your strange. But who cares, look at all the failed marriage in the world. If people would just wait on God for a husband or wife, or a call of a celibate life, the statistics would be different. I don't know when my day will end, so I prefer to focus my time on God, whom loves me and I love him. That's the perfect relationship.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:23 PM

3 posts, read 11,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yea, I'm with you, Jesus is our spiritual husband and he is the best thing that has happened to me in this life. Well, to be honest I don't want to get married, I prefer to stay single, and I know that if God is calling me to be single, then dating is out of the question. This means I will have to be faithful to Jesus, as my husband, and I'm cool with that. If God calls you to be celibate, he will give you the grace to live that life. If he does not give you the grace to live single, you will have a hard time living single. Dating or marriage is not my priority, God is. If someone is called to be married, I am happy for them, because God has a person for them to marry. But if God calls you to be celibate, then he as also provided a husband, Jesus. So, either way, you win. As you read in the bible there were some who did not marry, like Paul. In a society today marriage is the hip thing to do, and if you break that tradition, people look at you like your strange. But who cares, look at all the failed marriage in the world. If people would just wait on God for a husband or wife, or a call of a celibate life, the statistics would be different. I don't know when my day will end, so I prefer to focus my time on God, whom loves me and I love him. That's the perfect relationship.

Amen to that shawn_2828. I am very much encouraged! Indeed if God gives a gift of singleness he will also give the grace to live a single life!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 PM

2,548 posts, read 3,533,581 times
Being single is a calling, just as marriage and religious life are callings.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 AM

Yea, in some cases single life is better

Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,646 times
Miss Shawn_2828, you are taking the words right out of my mouth! There is no need to reiterate what you have already so eloquently stated--I would simply like to say that there is no husband like Jesus and my only prayer is that the Call of singleness not be for a season, but for the duration of my life however long that is. I wish to be completely one with God and Jesus through the Holy Spirit, so that He may use the giftings that He has placed in me to the full! The depths of the Godhead is breath taking and without end and I would like to continue learning more until I am united with Them in the spirit for eternity! P.S. I don't care if I sound like a complete nutball--I am in love with Love, which totally trumps regular "eros" love! P.S.S. I never faulted Tom Cruise for jumping on Oprah's couch because I would have done a backflip if I were discussing my love for the Father!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM

4,855 posts, read 3,452,578 times
Default Each must "run their own race" ... single or married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Congratulations on finding 'peace, power and freedom in the Lord' ... while being single. Many people believe that they must have a spouse to truly complete their lives ... and after 43-years of marriage, I must admit that it helps --- and would seem totally upside down to live any other way!

However, in spite of our marital status, every person is individually accountable for their own 'life and race... in the Lord.' None will stand before the Lord and declare "we thought/believed" ... or give account for someone else's life and race.

You have found a way to live and run your race and life near to the Lord --- without the distractions that some face -- Jesus did the same when he set his face on Jerusalem. May the Lord richly bless you with His peace and joy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity