Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
ok, new question. Why would an omnipotent being have the need for glory?
That's His nature, who am I to question His nature. His other attributes are love, mercy, kindness, just, anger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
His other attributes are love, mercy, kindness, just, anger
Anger's not an attribute - and unlike ours, His (judgement) is toward righteousness. (Psa 94:15)

Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM

262 posts, read 567,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Dani,
God isn't going to set anyone on fire or leave them in a burning pit forever and ever. That concept comes from Dante's inferno, not God's Word. What the Bible tells us is the wicked will PERISH. That means to be destroyed, to cease to exsist, to go 'poof' as the fat of the lamb when it hits the fire. And remember, the wicked make the choice of their own free will. God doesn't make them be wicked.
So what about the innocent people who perished in the world trade centers?Were they wicked?Why did the people who died in those towers deserve to burn and make choices like shall I burn or make a jump and hope that GOD saves me?Was he/she busy?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,291 times
According to the Baltimore Catechism..........

6. Q. Why did God make you?
A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.

I wish my kids could have been taught with this book like I was and my parents before me!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotallica View Post
So what about the innocent people who perished in the world trade centers?Were they wicked?Why did the people who died in those towers deserve to burn and make choices like shall I burn or make a jump and hope that GOD saves me?Was he/she busy?
I don't know why innocent people had to die in the Twin Towers. But how do YOU know who prayed for God to 'save' them and how do YOU know if God did or didn't save them? Did you talk to some of them personally? BTW There were many who were saved and many who weren't there that should have been. How do YOU know those that were 'saved' didn't pray and God did heard and did save them?

Anyway, I was speaking of HELL FIRE and burning forever and ever, not awful 'accidents' that happen to innocent people.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM

244 posts, read 299,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
According to the Baltimore Catechism..........

6. Q. Why did God make you?
A. God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven.

I wish my kids could have been taught with this book like I was and my parents before me!
Could you please describe for me the 'Him' you are talking about? What is your relationship with Him, and how do you receive that in your personal life?

I do not understand why you wish something that happened for you could happen for your children. Do you not feel qualified in your understanding of Him to introduce Him to your children? Do you not keep that book in your home for your children to be exposed to? Are you not responsible for the children you have? If you, as their parent are not qualified to teach your children about what is most important to you, then who is?

May I also ask another question or what you consider this life on earth for?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
God created Man cause He has a really sick sense of humor.........

Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM

262 posts, read 567,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
I don't know why innocent people had to die in the Twin Towers. But how do YOU know who prayed for God to 'save' them and how do YOU know if God did or didn't save them? Did you talk to some of them personally? BTW There were many who were saved and many who weren't there that should have been. How do YOU know those that were 'saved' didn't pray and God did heard and did save them?

Anyway, I was speaking of HELL FIRE and burning forever and ever, not awful 'accidents' that happen to innocent people.
Well its pretty obvious if they were praying to God he wasn't answering.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:25 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
Again I reiterate...how do any of us know who prayed and who didn't pray, and who God heard and or didn't hear and saved? For all we know He did save the ones who made it out because THEY asked for help and the ones who weren't saved DIDN'T ask for help i.e didn't pray for God to save them. Can YOU prove God didn't hear and save them?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:31 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
As usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity