Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,621,843 times

Advertisements

Just as Jesus Christ, in the form of human flesh, was the EXPRESS IMAGE of God, God planned for you and me, in the form of human flesh, to be the EXPRESS IMAGE of Christ NOW...here on this earth! Yes, we are Sons of God RIGHT NOW!
God is a God of plan, purpose, design and objectivity. God planned that, through Christs' death and resurrection, MANY sons would be born who would be the EXPRESS IMAGE of their elder Brother, Jesus Christ, and who would become joint-heirs with Him.
Jesus stripped Himself of His divine attributes, came to earth in the form of human flesh, was anointed by the Holy Spirit, lived a sinless life, healed the sick, cast out demons, and DEFEATED Satan - leaving us an example to follow.
His life on earth as the Son of God is a revelation...an exact pattern...of what we, as sons of God, are to be!!.....Love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 03:38 PM

302 posts, read 550,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
Dear Donna,

this post and the others leave me baffled. you lashed out against grace even though we find the writer of Hebrews even suggesting Jesus was under grace in Heb2:9

I debated your message and bear no ill will. I cetainly didn't start the "led by satan" thread.

"this hope of glory" that you mention is exactly why the doctrine of grace so abundantly driven home by Paul has to be basis to continue on the race you cite as well. In races, runners stumble, but as Paul said, we have this assurance and this hope of glory.

if I have offended you in any way, I ask your forgiveness in Christ Jesus and simply ask you to accept my apology. I'm passionate about the promises of God through Christ as well and I can see that you are too.

Peace be with you..have a nice day.

Dave
Thank you Dave. No problem. I answered your question on the other thread.

Donna

Old 01-28-2009, 09:53 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,743,036 times
Post A Great Mystery

Matthew 13:11 Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mark 4:11 but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables;

Luke 8:11 that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this; The seed is the word of God.

Romans 11: 25-26 For I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, There shall come out Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

Romans 16: 25-27 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;

First Corinthians 2: 6-12 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought; But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our glory; Which none of the princes of this world knew; for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

First Corinthians 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

First Corinthians 13: 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains and have not charity, I am nothing.

First Corinthians 14: 2-5 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understand him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification and exhortation and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret that the church may receive edifying.

First Corinthians 15:50-57 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep,
(Jesus will awake us from our sleep from this world, to prepare us of the wedding. )but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and all shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1: 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself;

Ephesians 3: 1-9 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward; How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;
(as I wrote afore in few words. Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel. Whereof I was made a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unreachable riches of Christ. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery; but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 6:19 And for me that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

Colossians 1: 26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints; To whom God would make known that is the riches of the glory of this mystery, among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory;

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds;

Second Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work; only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

First Timothy 3: 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

Revelation 1: 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand and the seven golden lamp stands. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches; and the seven lamp stands which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Psalms 25:14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant.

Deuteronomy 29: 29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God; but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Revelation 17: 5 And upon her forhead was a name written. MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

First John 4: 1 – 6 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

www.TheWordIsOne.com

Old 01-28-2009, 10:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,621,843 times
Thank you TheWordIsOne!! An awesome scripture study on the "mysteries"!! I'm uncovering the most wonderful mysteries myself!! Love you!!...

Old 01-23-2010, 03:16 PM

37 posts, read 51,175 times
I found the thought of the Spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit being two entities quite interesting. I myself have been looking at this possibility for a while now. I have been looking from a different perspective though. I'll try to explain it with the heart that I may be misunderstood, and that is find. I am a simple brother in Christ desiring to follow the Lamb where ever he shall lead me. I may be wrong, yet He is always true.
The Lord created man as a tri-being (spirit, soul and body) Not all agree to this, yet Paul twice writes of the spirit, soul and body. The Hebrew writer also states that the Word of God is able to divide the spirit and the soul. This gives me the impression that the two are so knit together that they get confused as being one. Now back to the garden. God told man that he could not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. If he did, he would die. Adam ate of the fruit and lived for hundreds of years later. The death was not a physical death, though that came much later, rather the death was a spiritual death. Man lost his relationship with the creator God. Man became a dual-being (soul and body). Christ Jesus came as the life giving spirit (1 Cor 15:45). When a person comes to accept Christ as saviour, God the loving Father gives that person a new birth of spirit in Christ. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold new things have come. 2 cor 5:7
The Holy Spirit comes into the new believer and I have come to believe that the Spirit of Christ also comes in. Now this is where many may take offence. Is it possible that the new spirit that God the Father gives to the believer is actually the spirit of Christ?
that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Col 1:26, 27
When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. Col 3:4
There is the truth that a believer becomes a member of the body of Christ. And if we receive as a new spirit the spirit of Christ, then being in the body is more real. We as believers belong to each other because we are connected by the spirit of Christ. Jesus Christ is the head of the body. He is also the body. When Saul was knocked to the ground with the vision of Jesus, Jesus said, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute ME?" Saul was persecutting the believers, and in so doing , he was persecuting Jesus.
In Christ,
Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity