Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:42 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,132,903 times

Advertisements

I am doing something unprecedented. I am taking off my warrior gear! No, this isn't a sex talk, or a nudist chat. I am talking about disrobing from the world.

Each piece of clothing, represents something I wear, that does not honor God, and in fact could be a transgression of His Laws.

I have shed the legalistic mindset. Like some on here, I was consumed by the Law. Trying to obey, even some of the OT Laws that Moses had institiuted. That was a hard piece of clothing to get rid of. It was my battle-ridden helmet.

Next, I shed the need to judge my fellow man, and hold them to a higher standard than even I could. I felt that God was using me to warn the populace that they were damned, and it was my job to tell them how damned they were. My interpretation of what the scriptures were. It was my dull chipped sword.

Next, it was time to shed my self righteous pride. I had felt that as a child of God, and the brother of Christ, then I could walk around with a pride that let the other heathen beasts of the world, feel the jeleousy of my arrogance. My chest was puffed up, but my heart was empty. It was of my creating, and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I was wearing, but to others, it was a eyesore. To others it was ugly, and it made others flee from the hidiousness of it. It was my chestpiece, although decorated by my own hand, was only pretty in my own eyes.

Next, it was time to shed my own boots, as where I walked, was of my choosing. The boots didn't fit quite right, and I toppled over again and again. Falling was becoming painful, and I gnashed my teeth in the pain.

Now I stood there, defensless, and extremely vulnerable. No longer was I a practicing warrior for my King. No longer was my armorment giving me protection. I was sitting one day and my King saw me. He saw my dispair and the tears. He asked me what was wrong, so I told Him that I had let Him down. I told Him I was no longer a warrior for Him, but now I was a vagabond, naked and useless, for His Kingdom.

He asked me how I thought this way. I told Him my armor was unfit to wear, as it just did not fit anymore. He gazed upon my shame, and then He smiled. Not the smile that would normally come from a snide gaze, but a smile that was genuine and loving. He asked me to look at Him. I told Him I was unfit to. He asked how many times I had seen His face. I thought for a second. Never, I replied.

He then asked me the strangest, and the most true heart piercing question I have heard.

He said "Why have you been fighting for a king you did not know?"

I said "But from your decrees, I felt I DID know you!"

He said "Decrees are words, but I AM King. If you were going to fight FOR my Kingdom, don't you think it would have been important to KNOW the King you are fighting for?"

I fell to my knees. "Yes my Lord, that would seem logical. I am truly sorry for the things I had done, in your Name. I thought I had it right, but now I can see it was all wrong. It was why I started shedding those awful clothes."

My King said "It was not only you causing those clothes to come off, my child. It was your heart being cleansed. I have given you a new heart. This is why you are now naked. Your heart has completed it's change, and now I have come to you. You are now ready to be my warrior."

So, there I went. I was given a NEW Helmet, and a NEW Chestpiece, and a NEW pair of Boots, and the most beautiful Sword I have ever seen.

So off I went!

But WAIT a minute!

As soon as I stepped outside the gates, I was only wearing this robe. Why, yes it was clean and as white as the purest snow, but WHERE IS MY GEAR! I sat down, thinking, and thinking, and thinking.

My King came outside as beautiful as He could ever be. He was wearing ALL His Armor, and it shined outwards. Blinding almost.

He asked me "Why are you not going to where I lead?"

I told Him, "Because I am now naked again, except for this robe, and I am scared!"

He chuckled, and then looked down at me smiling. "My son, you are not wearing only a robe. You have ALL the Armor you had inside the Kingdom, but you ALONE have the right to SEE IT".

I was saddened. "WHY?"

He looked at me and said "Because I am looking for my Brothers and Sisters. If they SEE what you are wearing, then they will not come to me as you did, naked and alone. They will desire the things I have promised, but that desire will be filthy with pride and arrogance. They will do everything in My Name, but like you, have never SEEN My Face nor HEARD My Voice. So, you go out, but not defenseless. You are still wearing your Armor, but that Armor is for My Glory, and Mine ALONE. You can use it, when I FEEL you need it. Do you understand My Words?"

I was saddened by my arrogance and fell to my knees, "Yes, My King. I am sorry I had doubts, and was fearful."

He then told me as He was riding off, "I will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you. SEE YOU SOON AGAIN!!"

So, I walked. But this time, it was not where I chose to go. I was actually being led.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,511,260 times
Wow! Good thread, pride is such a hard thing to break in our lives. There is a difference between the kind of pride that God hates and the kind of pride we feel about a job well done. The kind of pride that stems from self-righteousness is sin and God hates it because it is a hindrance to seeking Him. The proud are so consumed with themselves that their thoughts are far from God: “In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.” This kind of pride is the opposite of the spirit of humility that God seeks

Matthew 5:3
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 14:1
They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one

Luke 18:19
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Isaiah 64:6
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Proverbs 8:13
13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Psalm 10:4
4 In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God.

Matthew 5:3
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 16:18–19
18 Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. 19 Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud.

Isaiah 14:12–15
2 How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of....

2 Corinthians 10:13
13 We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the field God has assigned to us, a field that reaches even to you.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:20 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,159,383 times
Absolutely beautiful, HotinAZ.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,744,556 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I am doing something unprecedented. I am taking off my warrior gear! No, this isn't a sex talk, or a nudist chat. I am talking about disrobing from the world.

Each piece of clothing, represents something I wear, that does not honor God, and in fact could be a transgression of His Laws.

I have shed the legalistic mindset. Like some on here, I was consumed by the Law. Trying to obey, even some of the OT Laws that Moses had institiuted. That was a hard piece of clothing to get rid of. It was my battle-ridden helmet.

Next, I shed the need to judge my fellow man, and hold them to a higher standard than even I could. I felt that God was using me to warn the populace that they were damned, and it was my job to tell them how damned they were. My interpretation of what the scriptures were. It was my dull chipped sword.

Next, it was time to shed my self righteous pride. I had felt that as a child of God, and the brother of Christ, then I could walk around with a pride that let the other heathen beasts of the world, feel the jeleousy of my arrogance. My chest was puffed up, but my heart was empty. It was of my creating, and I thought it was the most beautiful thing I was wearing, but to others, it was a eyesore. To others it was ugly, and it made others flee from the hidiousness of it. It was my chestpiece, although decorated by my own hand, was only pretty in my own eyes.

Next, it was time to shed my own boots, as where I walked, was of my choosing. The boots didn't fit quite right, and I toppled over again and again. Falling was becoming painful, and I gnashed my teeth in the pain.

Now I stood there, defensless, and extremely vulnerable. No longer was I a practicing warrior for my King. No longer was my armorment giving me protection. I was sitting one day and my King saw me. He saw my dispair and the tears. He asked me what was wrong, so I told Him that I had let Him down. I told Him I was no longer a warrior for Him, but now I was a vagabond, naked and useless, for His Kingdom.

He asked me how I thought this way. I told Him my armor was unfit to wear, as it just did not fit anymore. He gazed upon my shame, and then He smiled. Not the smile that would normally come from a snide gaze, but a smile that was genuine and loving. He asked me to look at Him. I told Him I was unfit to. He asked how many times I had seen His face. I thought for a second. Never, I replied.

He then asked me the strangest, and the most true heart piercing question I have heard.

He said "Decrees are words, but I AM King. If you were going to fight FOR my Kingdom, don't you think it would have been important to KNOW the King you are fighting for?"

I fell to my knees. "Yes my Lord, that would seem logical. I am truly sorry for the things I had done, in your Name. I thought I had it right, but now I can see it was all wrong. It was why I started shedding those awful clothes."

My King said "It was not only you causing those clothes to come off, my child. It was your heart being cleansed. I have given you a new heart. This is why you are now naked. Your heart has completed it's change, and now I have come to you. You are now ready to be my warrior."

So, there I went. I was given a NEW Helmet, and a NEW Chestpiece, and a NEW pair of Boots, and the most beautiful Sword I have ever seen.

So off I went!

But WAIT a minute!

As soon as I stepped outside the gates, I was only wearing this robe. Why, yes it was clean and as white as the purest snow, but WHERE IS MY GEAR! I sat down, thinking, and thinking, and thinking.

My King came outside as beautiful as He could ever be. He was wearing ALL His Armor, and it shined outwards. Blinding almost.

I told Him, "Because I am now naked again, except for this robe, and I am scared!"

He chuckled, and then looked down at me smiling. "My son, you are not wearing only a robe. You have ALL the Armor you had inside the Kingdom, but you ALONE have the right to SEE IT".

I was saddened. "WHY?"

He looked at me and said "Because I am looking for my Brothers and Sisters. If they SEE what you are wearing, then they will not come to me as you did, naked and alone. They will desire the things I have promised, but that desire will be filthy with pride and arrogance. They will do everything in My Name, but like you, have never SEEN My Face nor HEARD My Voice. So, you go out, but not defenseless. You are still wearing your Armor, but that Armor is for My Glory, and Mine ALONE. You can use it, when I FEEL you need it. Do you understand My Words?"

I was saddened by my arrogance and fell to my knees, "Yes, My King. I am sorry I had doubts, and was fearful."

He then told me as He was riding off, "I will NEVER leave you, nor forsake you. SEE YOU SOON AGAIN!!"

So, I walked. But this time, it was not where I chose to go. I was actually being led.

The Thorn in my Flesh.

Hosea 6: 1 – 11; II Cor. 7 - 10 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath thorn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out,
Saying, are thou Jesus of Nazareth? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
John 2: 24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
And when the unclean spirit had torn him,25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
Hebrews 12: 3 - 11 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son or daughter, whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sins; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had earthly father of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yeildeth the peaceable fruit of rigtheousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Luke 9: 23 - 27 Now, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his or her cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he gains the whole world, and loses himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s and of the glory, and of the holy angels. But I tell you the truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, until they see the kingdom of God.
Psalm 50:15 Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
Psalms. 116:15 Precious in the sigh of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
II Corinthians 1: 3 - 4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and God of all comfort; Who comforted us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
II Corinthians 8: 2 How that in a great trial of affection the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
I Peter 1: 7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
I Peter 4: 12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
Psalms 4:3But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself; the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
Hebrews 13:5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. In These verses in the spirit of God, we must suffer as a people and older to be cleansed of the un-purity.
As is written
I Peter 13 - 17 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. You must confess to God, and but the flesh to dearth. To put the flesh to dearth is to accept God turn, but it is a choice.
Revelation 20: 4 -6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had revived his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 7: 13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
He said, the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son or daughter, whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sins; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers then are ye bastards, and not sons.
The Spirit of God said, do not let any man or woman deceive you;
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
II Corinthians 1: 5 – 7 5For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
Revelation 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Hebrews 7: 25-28 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.
II Thessalonians 2: 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that
day shall not come, except there come a falling away first.
I Peter 4: 17 And if it first being at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Matthew 24:1 -28 Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon anther, that shall not be thrown down.”
I Thessalonians 5: 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,627,883 times
...Really, really beautiful HotinAZ...profound...speaks to my heart...Love

Old 01-29-2009, 08:53 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,499,910 times
Huh..???

Just kidding, love you guys - even when on other pathways (not necessarily chosen on my own)

Old 01-29-2009, 09:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,433,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
Huh..???

Just kidding, love you guys - even when on other pathways (not necessarily chosen on my own)
I think thier zeal and holier than thou attitudes turn people off to Christianity. Actually, anyone coming to this board for the 1st time would think they had found a bunch of nuts!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:00 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,159,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think thier zeal and holier than thou attitudes turn people off to Christianity. Actually, anyone coming to this board for the 1st time would think they had found a bunch of nuts!
What? Humility is a turn off? Hmm. Did you mean all posts before yours and Effie's?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,576,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

So off I went!

But WAIT a minute!

I was saddened. "WHY?"

Truly inspiring, HotinAZ. I'm going to say the same thing I just said to Fundamentalist. It also applies to you. The Spirit is moving and the heavens are stirring. It's an amazing time to be alive and be a Christian.

"I see and feel the Spirit moving in those who really love the Lord. It's evident in your posts, Fundie, in the last few weeks. God dealt with me, and now He is dealing with you and HotinAZ. We will see more evidence of this in the coming days, weeks and months as we draw closer to Jesus' return.

He is perfecting His Saints, removing the veils, softening hearts and minds and revealing to us how we should proceed. Removing legalistic mindsets, and in it's place He is making us like Him, the truth. The one truth.

Those hearts who love Jesus Christ are known by Him, and those blinded by false doctrine and the confusion of manmade beliefs and legalism will have their eyes opened. It will be a profound experience just like it was for me. Our Savior is preparing His true flock. Those who truly would give up everything to follow Him at any cost.

I'm so excited by this post and HotinAZ's post.....it is confirmation of His imminent return, and our imminent duty to spread the gospel in it's purest, loving form because that is what will draw the lost to Him and cause them to want what we have.

Hallelujah and Amen!!!!"

Old 01-29-2009, 10:06 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,132,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Truly inspiring, HotinAZ. I'm going to say the same thing I just said to Fundamentalist. It also applies to you. The Spirit is moving and the heavens are stirring. It's an amazing time to be alive and be a Christian.

"I see and feel the Spirit moving in those who really love the Lord. It's evident in your posts, Fundie, in the last few weeks. God dealt with me, and now He is dealing with you and HotinAZ. We will see more evidence of this in the coming days, weeks and months as we draw closer to Jesus' return.

He is perfecting His Saints, removing the veils, softening hearts and minds and revealing to us how we should proceed. Removing legalistic mindsets, and in it's place He is making us like Him, the truth. The one truth.

Those hearts who love Jesus Christ are known by Him, and those blinded by false doctrine and the confusion of manmade beliefs and legalism will have their eyes opened. It will be a profound experience just like it was for me. Our Savior is preparing His true flock. Those who truly would give up everything to follow Him at any cost.

I'm so excited by this post and HotinAZ's post.....it is confirmation of His imminent return, and our imminent duty to spread the gospel in it's purest, loving form because that is what will draw the lost to Him and cause them to want what we have.

Hallelujah and Amen!!!!"
Thank you for your kind words, as well as to the rest of you who responded. I wrote this, this morning right before I headed off to work. I just my fingers do the walking, and the Spirit do the talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity