U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
 
381 posts, read 455,134 times
Reputation: 159

Advertisements

grammjr

I think it is funny that you can get through life perfect. we're still in this earthen vessel. it is still perishing..

also, it is funny that would you submit that we're legalists/pharisaic when it is the lawkeepers that Jesus reemed out in luke 18 and in Mark.

you think you see , but your sin remains, because you're not even aware of your own sin...

that is the reality...though you see , you remain blind Jesus said.

you can't come to the throne of grace. with this :"I've done it, Jesus, i finally walked on water. " ready for m' wings."

he loves sinners, he opposes the proud!!! oh sweet Jesus!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
 
30 posts, read 73,258 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
grammjr

I think it is funny that you can get through life perfect. we're still in this earthen vessel. it is still perishing..

also, it is funny that would you submit that we're legalists/pharisaic when it is the lawkeepers that Jesus reemed out in luke 18 and in Mark.

you think you see , but your sin remains, because you're not even aware of your own sin...

that is the reality...though you see , you remain blind Jesus said.

you can't come to the throne of grace. with this :"I've done it, Jesus, i finally walked on water. " ready for m' wings."

he loves sinners, he opposes the proud!!! oh sweet Jesus!
Many are called but few chosen.. again just as satan you accuse me of sin, and you have no clue of my life, actually if you think about it, it is even worse than satan, because at least satan knows my life.. but hey in "my" Father's Kingdom we have 10 words of the Law that we have to "LIVE" by. Live by means they have to be in our hearts and the spiritual as well as the physical of each one must be followed perfectly. I praise Him for this.. it makes the straight way very clear and easy to follow, His yoke is indeed easy and His burden is light, I have found it so.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
 
381 posts, read 455,134 times
Reputation: 159
gramm,
I quoted Jesus having spoken to the Pharissees. of course I don't know you and I apologize and ask your forgiveness. you see under what jesus taught in the gospel, you have to forgive me. otherwise, your not free.

that has been the entire crux of my argument. also, Jesus death atoned for all mankinds sins. wouldn't you agree?

this is not my theology. so, if that is truth, then what is the date and time that Jesus death no longer can pay for the sins committed by mankind?

you see , it was a one time payment in full for all of mankind , even my grandkids who haven't been born yet.


also, for the record, the holy spirit has kept me free from many sins that i once did in my former life. but, i come back to the one part of the law= the whole law, teaching by Paul, not me. and it always gets stoned walled.


but, i want the date that those sins aren't covered? any takers?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
 
988 posts, read 1,057,328 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammjr View Post
Many are called but few chosen.. again just as satan you accuse me of sin, and you have no clue of my life, actually if you think about it, it is even worse than satan, because at least satan knows my life.. but hey in "my" Father's Kingdom we have 10 words of the Law that we have to "LIVE" by. Live by means they have to be in our hearts and the spiritual as well as the physical of each one must be followed perfectly. I praise Him for this.. it makes the straight way very clear and easy to follow, His yoke is indeed easy and His burden is light, I have found it so.


Yes Gramm - it is not very complicated...

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HK

Perhaps someone could explain how we can be keeping His commandments if we are breaking them?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,529 posts, read 2,597,723 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Yes Gramm - it is not very complicated...

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

HK

Perhaps someone could explain how we can be keeping His commandments if we are breaking them?
1 John 3:22-24...

22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top