U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM

47 posts, read 183,774 times

Advertisements

After reading some of the messages here about strange problems that people have had, I am praying that some of you can help me.

For the past several months, an evil spirit or demon has been trying to possess me. It started with whispers, laughs, and growling noises in my house, especially at night. Rooms would suddenly become very cold, like there was a draft, then return to normal. I couldn't figure out where these noises were coming from, because when I tried to investigate them, they'd immediately stop.

I then found out from neighbors that the daughter of the former owners of the house dabbled in witchcraft. I talked to a close friend about this, and she suggested cleansing the house with Christian prayer while burning sage. In each room of the house I did this, and it seemed to work for a week or so, but then the strange noises and cold spots in the house returned, and it got worse. Lights would turn on and off by themselves, and the TV would suddenly change channels.

A priest came to bless my house, but I think it angered the demon even more, because now this evil entity says horrid things to me. Sometimes the demon's voice comes out of nowhere, sometimes out of the TV or radio. Now before you say I'm crazy, my friend that recommended cleansing the house has heard some of these weird sounds and voices at my house as well. I'd sell the house if I could, but with the way the market is today, I can't afford it. I also think it would be very unchristian of me to burden another family with this horrible situation. Or maybe the demon would follow me to my next residence anyway?

I am a Christian woman who has fully accepted Christ into my life. I attend Church every week and also go to Bible study classes. Every day I read prayers and psalms at home and plead to God to help me, but the demon taunts me and says that it won't work. People are afraid to visit my house to pray with me. What should I do?

- A

Last edited by Acquanetta; 01-29-2009 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 02:36 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,382,819 times
I scanned your post and with all due respect believe that you are worrying unnecessarily.

My best advice is to think positively and if all else fails move.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm

hth

Old 01-29-2009, 02:43 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,863,957 times
Go visit your medical doctor. They can see if you have any imbalance that is causing you to see and hear things.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM

4,213 posts, read 4,899,792 times
I suggest professing a quote from Jesus "Get thee behind me Satan" and command the entity to depart. The sage only served to strengthen the entity as it is demonic in nature. You must get into the word and study everything you can concerning demons in the scriptures. They have no true power over you, only what you give them. Be strong in your faith, often times priests are just priests by title and not true faith. You need not be fearful of this entity, but you do need to dig deep into your faith and do away with the entity.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I scanned your post and with all due respect believe that you are worrying unnecessarily.

My best advice is to think positively and if all else fails move.

Desiderata

hth
I can't afford to pay the mortgage on this demon infested house and rent a new place. My friend has offered to have me as a house guest as a short-term solution, but she has her own family to tend with and I think it would be too much of an imposition on her.

There must be a way to get rid of this evil thing, like send it back to wherever it came from? Why is Christian prayer not working?

- A

Old 01-29-2009, 02:48 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,542,177 times
I mean no offense, but this seems a bit far fetched. But as this can very well happen in real life, whether or not your case is real is irrelevant, and I will try to couch my answer as generically as possible for anyone in this situation.

First of all, if you have a demon/ghost in possession of the house, it can be purged by Christian prayer and intervention. This requires genuine prayer and genuine intervention. There are a lot of churches to whom demonic activity is something that happened 2000 years ago or biblical stories of demonic possession are illustrative and not factual.....that kind of pastor or church is not going to be of any help.

First of all, smoking a house with sage is a pagan ritual that probably won't have any effect, unless you are a pagan or native American. Using white sage or sweetgrass can calm many minor spirits of the earth and make your stay more pleasant in a place, but it will have no impact on a true demonic presence. I have a lot of respect for those shamen that can deal with such things, but a dilettante or amateur will only give credence to the demon and thus give it more authority over you.

There are a couple of things to bear in mind. First the demon can only make noise and mess with inanimate objects. If you are a child of God, your daddy is more powerful than his daddy, and your daddy has already promised that even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear NO evil. If you claim the blood of Jesus as your anointing the demon can do nothing to you at which point all you have to fear is fear itself. YOUR master has authority over HIM! Not the other way around.

Pray for guidance. Now find a pastor who has served time in a primitive environment. Ask him to pray with you and anoint you with oil. Ask him to ask his deacons/elders to lay hands on you. Ask him to bless your house and exorcise any demons there. If he has worked in South American villages or Africa or South East Asia he will know what to do.

Happy demon hunting.......remember, the most the demon can do to you is try to scare you....he has no power over you that you don't give him.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Go visit your medical doctor. They can see if you have any imbalance that is causing you to see and hear things.
I went to see my doctor and he can't explain why I'm having these experiences. He did a bunch of tests and couldn't find anything wrong. Also, lamps and the TV turning on and off by themselves wouldn't have anything to do with my health. I had an electrician come to the house to look at the wiring, and he couldn't find any problem.

This is all very weird.

- A

Old 01-29-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I suggest professing a quote from Jesus "Get thee behind me Satan" and command the entity to depart. The sage only served to strengthen the entity as it is demonic in nature. You must get into the word and study everything you can concerning demons in the scriptures. They have no true power over you, only what you give them. Be strong in your faith, often times priests are just priests by title and not true faith. You need not be fearful of this entity, but you do need to dig deep into your faith and do away with the entity.
So you think the sage made the entity stronger? Maybe it went away for a week after my cleansing to trick me, because I think it enjoys making me suffer. When I tried cleansing my house, I said "In the name of Christ My Savior I fill my house with love and light," but I didn't actually tell the demon (or whatever it is) to get out. Maybe that was another problem? So I guess I will have to be more forceful. What happens if this thing goes berserk when I tell it to leave? It has never tried to physically hurt me, but suppose it can?

- A

Old 01-29-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I mean no offense, but this seems a bit far fetched. But as this can very well happen in real life, whether or not your case is real is irrelevant, and I will try to couch my answer as generically as possible for anyone in this situation.
Well, I don't have things levitating or flying off shelves like in movies, but there is some very weird electrical things going on. When I say the entity says things to me, it's not like a person talking. It sounds more like noise, but you can make out words in the noise. It's like the noise "speaks." I know this doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
First of all, smoking a house with sage is a pagan ritual that probably won't have any effect, unless you are a pagan or native American. Using white sage or sweetgrass can calm many minor spirits of the earth and make your stay more pleasant in a place, but it will have no impact on a true demonic presence. I have a lot of respect for those shamen that can deal with such things, but a dilettante or amateur will only give credence to the demon and thus give it more authority over you.
No, I'm not pagan or Native American. The sage smelled nice, but it didn't work.

Quote:
There are a couple of things to bear in mind. First the demon can only make noise and mess with inanimate objects. If you are a child of God, your daddy is more powerful than his daddy, and your daddy has already promised that even though you walk through the valley of the shadow of death, you will fear NO evil. If you claim the blood of Jesus as your anointing the demon can do nothing to you at which point all you have to fear is fear itself. YOUR master has authority over HIM! Not the other way around.
This is very interesting to me, and it also explains why I've never been "attacked" by this thing. So maybe my prayers are keeping it at bay.

Quote:
Pray for guidance. Now find a pastor who has served time in a primitive environment. Ask him to pray with you and anoint you with oil. Ask him to ask his deacons/elders to lay hands on you. Ask him to bless your house and exorcise any demons there. If he has worked in South American villages or Africa or South East Asia he will know what to do.
I will enquire in my Church to see what resources they have. Bless you!

- A

Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM

381 posts, read 665,094 times
i would have to say that you need to read Acts 19:15.

You need to know the word and the power of the sword of truth. every time Jesus was tempted He spoke the word.

In 1thes the word says , " and the word came with power."

Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords and the Kings of Kings. I don't know what the level of your torment is, but I can say I have had to with the "authority" that I know, I have had to cast something out I couldn't see , because my kid was being tormented and my wife. They are weaker vessels. I also want to add if there is something in the house it may have become a stronghold for this unclean spirit.

Read your bible and by the authority of the name of Jesus Christ, you can have a normal homelife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity