Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:09 PM

47 posts, read 205,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No one wants to force this man to believe. I don't think the OP is trying to force their believes, they have a genuine concern about their brother. No I don't believe everyone needs to worship "a god", but the one and only God. And yes I believe Jesus is the only way.
Yes! As a devout Christian I believe that to save your immortal soul, you must accept Christ into your life. My brother's time on this Earth is infinitesimal compared to eternity, and I fear that his soul will wind up burning in Hellfire forever.

- A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 03:46 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Moderator cut: deleted as orphaned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquanetta View Post
Yes! As a devout Christian I believe that to save your immortal soul, you must accept Christ into your life. My brother's time on this Earth is infinitesimal compared to eternity, and I fear that his soul will wind up burning in Hellfire forever.

- A
You are right to be afraid for your brother and ignore the useless things said here, I know you know which ones I mean. You stay focused on the Lord, continue to pray for your brother, live a Godly life before him, the the Lord guide you on what to say and what not to say.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2009 at 03:59 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM

262 posts, read 566,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I think you should read the OP again, this person is asking for Godly advise, something you are not giving. And I certainly am not envious of someone who feels like they have to drink, and do drugs to have a good time. I still believe they should ignore your posts. Too bad someone has filled your mind with lies about God and His Word.
Nope,nobody has filled my mind with lies about "God" I found out myself,and the only reason I am posting here is because I think she should have both believers and none believers opinions so she can maybe see it from a different angle.Yes my advice is not godly but it may be useful to her if some of the other methods she tries fails.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:52 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotallica View Post
Nope,nobody has filled my mind with lies about "God" I found out myself,and the only reason I am posting here is because I think she should have both believers and none believers opinions so she can maybe see it from a different angle.Yes my advice is not godly but it may be useful to her if some of the other methods she tries fails.

Psa 1:1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! Psa 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psa 1:3 He will be like a tree {firmly} planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. Psa 1:4 The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away. Psa 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. Psa 1:6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Moderator cut: deleted.

I suggested that, rather than forcing her brother to agree with her mythology, she could address the issue on a much more fundamental level applicable to all humans - that people turn to drugs and alcohol and meaningless sex to fill a void of emptiness within.

That void can be filled by a savior for those who need that or are attracted to that path, or it can be filled by helping him simply find a purpose and path for himself.

The latter seems much more reasonable for both his life and the sake of keeping your family together. That is a reasonable suggestion and yet I and others who tried to help are chastized and told to leave because our worldview is different.

Imagine if we approached life that way - pushing out anyone who thinks differently. The Dark Ages would return in a flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerotallica View Post
This means what to me?
The same thing it will mean to his/her brother. Nothing. She/he has probably sent the brother many such quotes, not realizing how they just glaze by with no meaning.

The brother needs help, not literature.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2009 at 04:04 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 08:21 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquanetta View Post
I mentioned this in the story about my main problem, but I'd like some advice on this too, because it troubles me terribly:

I have a brother, Jack, who sadly denies Christ as his Lord and Savior. He leads a godless, debauched life in Los Angeles, and dishonors the body which God gave him through indulging in alcohol, drugs, and unhealthy foods. He is also a fornicator, and thinks it is acceptable to live in sin.

I love my brother dearly. How can I bring him closer to the Lord? Of course, he needs to embrace Christ willingly, and I can't force him to do this. But what would be the best ways to coax him and move him in the right direction?

- A

Acquanetta;
You can't bring your brother closer to God, if He does not serve God in the first place
Continue to pray
found in the book of Colossians (can't think of the chapter right now)
but it goes llike this
Father I pray that would
Fill ___ with knowledge of your Will and direction for their life
That ___ may walk worthy of thy name
That___ life may have value to it, So I ask you to speak to their heart
Bearing good fruit in every good work, and that___life may be a productive
one honoring you
That__In the name of Yeshua will increase in the knowledge of God
That___may understand who you are, not just memorizing scriptures and
going through formalities, but knowing who you are personally.
That___may be strenghtened with all power according to your word
That___will no longer live their life according to __flesh but __life may be
lived in the supernatural power of you Father
That __ may joyously continually give thanks to you In The Name of Yeshua
, whom God the Father havae qualified___to share in the inheritance that God almighty has provided for us, qualified in Christ Jesus's Blood, delivered this day from the domain of darkness (kingdom of darkness)
and that___ is now living and resting in the Kingdom of God
Thanks in advance
In the Name that is above all names Jesus the Christ our Lord and Saviour
kinsmen Redeemer;
We give you all of the Glory, Honor, Praise......(add whatever you want)
And remember how the grace and mercy of God was extended to you and others that you know that were in the same "Lost state" before accepting
Yeshua as your Savior;
I always try to remember that I was born in sin and practiced sin and The Blood of Jesus purchased me back (gave me the right to be),
And that i didn't die in my sin state because of His Grace and Mercy
This prayer came from Dr. Charles Stanley, while all of the words are not "verbatim", it should be prayed daily for this person, giving much thanks
in advance...
remembering God will not hear a prayer if any unforgiveness is in your heart, and we are not in right standing with Him.. all prayers will fall on deaf ears
unanswered
Never Give Up hope" ( always pray with one or two others in agreement) if they are available
God Bless You

Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Moderator cut:

Good morning, Christianity forum.

June has just deleted half the posts in this thread. PLEASE remain on topic, and no personal attacks. If nonbelievers wish to post here, they need to remain respectful, as per stated in the Terms of Service.

June is the last one in this world who likes closing threads, but if we don't keep it civil and on topic, folks, well, you know the drill...

Thanks!

-June

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity