Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:30 AM

302 posts, read 553,783 times

Advertisements

IS ELLEN WHITE TEACHING "ANOTHER GOSPEL" WHEN SHE SAYS THAT HEALTH REFORM IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?

THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ELLEN WHITE ....

"The LORD has given instruction that the Gospel is to be carried forward; and the GOSPEL INCLUDES HEALTH REFORM in all its phases." CDF p.75

"God demands that the appetites be cleansed...This is a work that will have to be done before HIS PEOPLE can stand before Him a perfected people." CDF p. 36

"…one of the highest attainments in the Christian life is to control appetite, and that, without this victory, all hope of heaven is vain." James and Ellen White - Christian Temperance 206

"The meat diet is the serious question. Shall HUMAN BEINGS live on the flesh of dead animals. The answer from the light GOD HAS GIVEN ME is, No, decidedly NO. CDF, p. 388

MRS WHITE ADDS TO THE BIBLE !

"In Ancient times God spoke to men by the mouths of prophets and apostles. In these days He speaks to them by the TESTIMONIES OF HIS SPIRIT. Testimonies V4, p.147

"There are precious truths in the Bible, BUT IT IS "PRESENT TRUTH" that the flock needs now." E.W. p.63

MRS WHITE IS MORE THAN A PROPHET!

Others have called me a prophetess, but I have never assumed that title....My work includes MUCH MORE than this name signifies. I regard myself as a messenger, entrusted by the by the Lord with messages for His people....my commission EMBRACES THE WORK OF A PROPHET, BUT IT DOES NOT END THERE. Selected Messages V1, p.36

If you lessen the confidence of God's people in the testimonies He has sent them, YOU ARE REBELLING AGAINST GOD as certainly as were Korah, Dathan, and Abiram." Testimonies V5, p.66

God gave the light on HEALTH REFORM and those who reject it, REJECT GOD! Series B, p. 205

GOD'S WARNING

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach ANY OTHER GOSPEL unto you than that which WE have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8

Jesus and the apostles ate flesh meat. Food and drink are not included in the Ten Commandments. The Law of The Covenant that was ratified by the blood of Jesus Christ can never be changed!

Donna Kupp

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
freetruth.info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:02 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Next thing you know, you can't die with your shoes untied...

When we get to the place that we see ourselves as totally depraved without any source apart from Him, we are then ready to receive.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 PM

20 posts, read 42,691 times
Donna you brought up a lot of issues. Let me know which you would like to deal with first. Email me michelle dot greenman at gmail dot come. I think your concernes are valid ones and good ones to check out. We should always know what the Bible says.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Ellen White - Visions or Partial-Complex Seizures ?

I find it rather interesting that an entire church follows a woman who has plagarized the better part of her writings AND who experts believe suffered from temporal lobe epilepsy.

Do a search on the disorder and her name, there are experts all over the place, medical experts, not corner crackpots.

Don't be led down the garden path.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:58 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
IS ELLEN WHITE TEACHING "ANOTHER GOSPEL" WHEN SHE SAYS THAT HEALTH REFORM IS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?
I think the answer depends on whether or not you consider Ms. White to have been a true prophet from your god. Her "visions" were nothing more than epileptic seizures caused by a head injury she suffered as a child. Also, it is common knowledge that Ms. White heavily plagiarized other authors in order to write her books.

These two facts alone should make her writings subject to criticism.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM

381 posts, read 798,948 times
who is Ellen White? and does she know Joe Smith?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
who is Ellen White? and does she know Joe Smith?
Ellen White was a woman in the early 20th century (?) whom the Seventh-Day Adventist church considers to be their prophet. Many SDAs follow the directives of her writings as if they were the bible themselves.

When Ellen White was a child, she was hit with a rock and suffered a terrible head injury which nearly caused her death, and for the rest of her life she suffered from epileptic fits as a result. She claimed those fits were visions from god, and that she talked to god during them. She "wrote" several books, but a very large percentage of said books was plagiarized from other authors, or in fact written by Ellen White's husband.

There are many things in her books that are contrary to what the bible says, or are not addressed by the bible at all, but many SDAs follow them as gospel anyway. This following of a "prophet" is why some consider the SDA church to be a cult, rather than a religion.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Ellen White was a woman in the early 20th century (?) whom the Seventh-Day Adventist church considers to be their prophet. Many SDAs follow the directives of her writings as if they were the bible themselves.

When Ellen White was a child, she was hit with a rock and suffered a terrible head injury which nearly caused her death, and for the rest of her life she suffered from epileptic fits as a result. She claimed those fits were visions from god, and that she talked to god during them. She "wrote" several books, but a very large percentage of said books was plagiarized from other authors, or in fact written by Ellen White's husband.

There are many things in her books that are contrary to what the bible says, or are not addressed by the bible at all, but many SDAs follow them as gospel anyway. This following of a "prophet" is why some consider the SDA church to be a cult, rather than a religion.
Mind you she was hit so hard in the head (at a time when her own Father was away from home), once he returned he didn't recognize his own child. Can you say brain injured??

Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 PM

302 posts, read 553,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleGreenman View Post
Donna you brought up a lot of issues. Let me know which you would like to deal with first. Email me michelle dot greenman at gmail dot come. I think your concernes are valid ones and good ones to check out. We should always know what the Bible says.
I agree that we should always know what the Bible says. Let's talk about it here ...

Donna

Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I'm so glad I'm catholic

Of course, my 7th day Adventist buddy thinks I'd be part of Babylon when the son of Man bifurcates people. <YAAAAAAAWWN>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity