U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 09:46 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,376,537 times

Advertisements

When I become child of God, God put a Thorn in my flesh, and this kept me humble and obedience to my father in heaven.
The lusts of my eyes and the lusts of the flesh is no more from my father had bound me up.

Hosea 6: 1 – 11; II Cor. 7 - 101Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath thorn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
24 I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
26And when the unclean spirit had torn him,
25And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
1 John 2:16-17 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
I John 3:9 whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remained in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(So what is the experience of being born of God, what does it mean to be born in God?)
The seed that God takes about is The Holy Spirit.
The Comforter.
John 14:16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,234,778 times
Amen.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,343,367 times
Nicely said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity