Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 AM

661 posts, read 1,183,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Wrong!!!!!!!!!! Firstborn mean's preeminent in the jewish tradition. Not always first one created or first in lineage. I can show you many verses where firstborn doesn't literally mean first one born in a family. If you read the entire chapter 1 of Colossians, one will see how Jesus was the one who was right there when ALL THINGS WERE CREATED FOR HIM BY HIS FATHER. No mention of Jesus being created first, then all [other] things as the JWs insert in their bible to support their own erroneous doctrine. Read their interlinear bible, and it will clearly show that [other] was not in the original Greek translation. Makes on just go hummmmmmmmmmmmm?
The Scripture says Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. Whether he is the first of all creation, or the preeminent one of all creation, the operative word here is CREATION. If he wasnt created, he would not be anything OF Creation, whether literal firstborn or outstanding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 06:23 PM

335 posts, read 375,628 times
Ask the next JW who comes calling; "Has Jesus' 1000 year reign already begun?"

They say he was enthroned in 1914, and even pray through their "now reigning king Christ Jesus," in their public prayers.

If this is the case, you may want to show them Revelation chapter 20 where it describes the events which happen prior to, and subsequent this event. His enthronement (1000 reign) happens after Satan is abyssed. I don't think that happened in 1914. Scripture doesn't speak of multiple enthronements. In Hebrews chapter 1 and 2 it shows that Jesus is at his Father's right hand (1:13) until (2:8).

It either happened, or it didn't.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,654 times
just tell them how can u b a witness if u didnt c the accident

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Just did a search of the Bible and could not find Jehovahs Witnesses there anywhere. Can you show me the verse where we are not supposed to allow them in our house?
It is the one about preaching a different Gospel...

Old 03-17-2011, 11:16 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,422,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
The Scripture says Jesus is the firstborn of all creation. Whether he is the first of all creation, or the preeminent one of all creation, the operative word here is CREATION. If he wasnt created, he would not be anything OF Creation, whether literal firstborn or outstanding.
You forget that Jesus was born to a virgin mother Mary. So in a sense, I would agree with you in that Jesus is part of creation because He lived as a human, but to say that He was created by God. NO SCRIPTURE SUPPORTS THAT VIEW AT ALL.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood2011 View Post
ask the next jw who comes calling; "has jesus' 1000 year reign already begun?"

they say he was enthroned in 1914, and even pray through their "now reigning king christ jesus," in their public prayers.

If this is the case, you may want to show them revelation chapter 20 where it describes the events which happen prior to, and subsequent this event. His enthronement (1000 reign) happens after satan is abyssed. I don't think that happened in 1914. Scripture doesn't speak of multiple enthronements. In hebrews chapter 1 and 2 it shows that jesus is at his father's right hand (1:13) until (2:8).

It either happened, or it didn't.
good point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I would disagree. If there is any defending to be done,,,we are promised the Spirit would do the teaching so as to what to say. Knowledge is useless without Understanding, which leads to Wisdom.

"When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."
I think you are taking that verse out of context. This verse is a taken for one of the synoptic gospels where Jesus was warning his disciples about their future persecution, and how the Holy Spirit would teach them what to say during that time of persecution.

The Scripture clearly teaches not to be deceived 2Thes 2:4 To hold fast to the tradition which we were TAUGHT. 2Thes 2:15. It warns us to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH 2TIM 2:15 and one of my favorites 2Tim 2:16 ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, AND IS PROFITABLE FOR DOCTRINE, FOR REPROOF, FOR CORRECTION FOR INSTRUCTION IN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

So how can we correct anyone or hold fast to the traditions that we were taught, if we don't know the WORD of God?

Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
The sheer arrogance of JW's is what turns me off about them. How dare they have the audacity to claim to know all the answers about God's plans, including exactly who will and won't go to Heaven. The Bible is loaded with passages that warn us of men who claim to have the answers, as well as of false prophets. If Jesus were alive today on Earth and accompanied some of these JW's on their door-to-door proselytizing rounds I'm pretty sure He wouldn't approve.
In fact, I dare say He would condemn their arrogance.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
The sheer arrogance of JW's is what turns me off about them. How dare they have the audacity to claim to know all the answers about God's plans, including exactly who will and won't go to Heaven. The Bible is loaded with passages that warn us of men who claim to have the answers, as well as of false prophets. If Jesus were alive today on Earth and accompanied some of these JW's on their door-to-door proselytizing rounds I'm pretty sure He wouldn't approve.
In fact, I dare say He would condemn their arrogance.
You are so right. Any religion, that prides itself on being the only true worshipers, in itself has very much pride. NON OF US ARE WITHOUT SIN, and we all have to be mindful of this simple turth that ONLY JESUS has paid the price for our salvation.

It just gets me when people want to add more to God's grace out of their own ignorance of the fact that IT'S BECAUSE GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON AND WHOMSOEVER BELIEVES ON HIM WILL HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. The gospel gets no more complicated than that.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:00 AM

1 posts, read 786 times
I simply ask them to leave nicely. I'm a Christian and I simply do not believe in their theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity