U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I don't . . . I properly interpret them spiritually . . . not carnally. Simplistic literal reading is for carnal minds and is but "milk" . . . not solid food.
and how do you know you are right if someone has a different meaning or are there differnt meanings? whatever works for the spirtualist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
and how do you know you are right if someone has a different meaning or are there differnt meanings? whatever works for the spirtualist?
Jesus provides the example and answer in agape love. If the interpretation reflects ANY of the negative human traits and emotions . . . it is WRONG. ALL such emotions are strictly human and no part of Jesus or God or agape love for one another, period.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:12 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,147,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
There you go trying to find something of an attack in my statements. I merely asked a question and did not accuse you of anything. Do you see if the what the spirit tells you lines up with the Word of God or do you try to line the word of God up with the spirit and reject the what doesnt. Simple question and not an accusation.
How would you like me to ask "When are you going to stop beating your wife?"

Your questions leads off with a presupposition which is accusatory exactly like what I have shown an example of. Nonetheless, why now ask why or how I interpret the bible? If it must be your way only, go start another church. It is typical of these types of deflection when one has no answer to attack the "character" et al of a poster and is called a strawman tactic. If you disagree, that is fine, say so but when you want to get personal and "attack" my beliefs, I will respond with the same venom it is offered.

Quote:
I believe two other posters have summed this up but I will give my 2cents. We cannot love or do good on our own, it is nothing but filthy raggs.
What has filthy rags (aka known as a used menstrual cloth) got to do with the glory of God? Now you are deflecting to righteousness. The question is what is the GLORY of God we fall short of?
Quote:
We must come to the Lord just to understand that simple statemement. Our love without Christ is as nothing and reseembles lust more than love.
This is where I disagree. You assume love is not possible w/o Christ, maybe that is true for you but not necessarliy for others. Now we are talking of Love with Glory.
Quote:
We are selfish without the Lord, any good we do or think we do is for selfish reasons,
You do like to speak for others don't you? You assume everyone IS selfish - IMO you are projecting your own weakness here.
Quote:
but if we have Christ and Gods love, true love, we do so because He does so thru us.
You depart here on the premise we have to earn His love. Hence until you have earned His love, you are not able to love unconditionally. See how far you have deflected?

I feel sorry for you if you feel you are unworthy, incapable et al.
Quote:
You are merely looking for someone to insult you or attack you and I refuse to do so. I believe you may have the priorities backwards and that may be a problem for you and a reason behind our disagreements.
No I need no one to insult, stop playing the victim card. I do not have my priorities backwards. One demonstrates the 1st commandment of Jesus by carrying out the 2nd. It appears you fail on number 2.
Quote:
We must put God first always or we are disobedient and selfish.
Maybe you should use "I" instead of "we" or precede your sentences with "IMO" - I would not counter you on a statement are points to yourself. When you deflect/project your weakness on others, I will counter it as you are preaching your own "sin"/weakness
Quote:
As I said we all fall short of the glory of God and can only hope to attain such glory thru Him.
Well what is His Glory?

You still have not answered the original question in spite of all this deflection. Yes it is a cute lil' catch phrase Christians use but hardly any know what it actually means.

From what you have tried to do here, it is evident that you do not know what the GLORY of God is.

If you find the way I pose questions offensive, then there is nothing I can do to appease your sensitivities. When I see false teachings, I pose questions that demand answers. If this makes you uncomfortable - good.

The church has for too long corrupted the word with Pharisaical teachings hiding the true meaning of the Good News. My aim is to make you think and question your theology, not your beliefs.

IMO you have swallowed the standard mainstream crap hook line and sinker.

Your spin is olde news to me and I have moved beyond these lies.

If you want to live a life in condemnation then you have missed the crucial part of;

"Whom the Son has set free is free indeed."

Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 PM

5,563 posts, read 6,147,124 times
Quote:
Jesus provides the example and answer in agape love. If the interpretation reflects ANY of the negative human traits and emotions . . . it is WRONG. ALL such emotions are strictly human and no part of Jesus or God or agape love for one another, period.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,448,301 times
Quote:
I am trying to learn where you are coming from here so how would you interpret this. Are these the negative traits?

(Psalm 86:15) Did God ever get angry?

15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

(Acts 5:4-5,9-10) Will God kill people?
4"While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."
5And as he heard these words, Ananias fell down and breathed his last; and great fear came over all who heard of it.

9Then Peter said to her, "Why is it that you have agreed together to put the Spirit of the Lord to the test? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out as well."

10And immediately she fell at his feet and breathed her last, and the young men came in and found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband.

if God did all these things then what changed?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 AM

37,477 posts, read 25,224,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I am trying to learn where you are coming from here so how would you interpret this. Are these the negative traits?

(Psalm 86:15) Did God ever get angry?

(Acts 5:4-5,9-10) Will God kill people?
if God did all these things then what changed?
Anger is a human emotion . . . the result of our immature soul and our animal nature. God does NOT get angry.

Killing is a carnal act . . . as such it is not spiritual, per se . . . the state of mind and motive that results in the act are . . . God's state of mind is always loving with positive motives, period. NONE of the negative human emotions are of God . . . they are the result of the corruption of our soul's needs by our animal nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity