Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The voice of God told Solomon to get a sword and slice a baby in two.

The voice of God also told Abraham to kill his own son Issac.

Folks, you better be careful with this "I hear the voice of God stuff".

The most despicable crimes in history were done by people who "heard the voice of God" If that voice your hearing isn't coming out of a human body, beware.
Some how these crimes in "The Bible" sit well with the believers but the modern day voices telling people to commit crimes are the Devil's voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 01:05 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
To the OP:

i notice with some regret how you worded your question:
"has anyone..."

following this, everyone is stating some i-based thing and subsequently forming opinions of non-i, there is no dialogue, no relation, no recognition, no common grounds, only indirect coercion.

imho. sadly. such was never the voice of god speaking to me.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM

124 posts, read 321,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

No one ever has because he is not real.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM

124 posts, read 321,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

I didn't read your entire post before my last reply; you heard the audible voice of god while sleeping....are you kidding me?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:52 PM

852 posts, read 1,364,987 times
Shawn and anyone else who cares to listen,
I am sorry that such a beautiful thought has turned this nasty.
We, who are true Christians, know that if God has sent anything to us, he has also told us what to do with it.
Nothing sent from God is of our thought. All the Glory must be given to God.
I'm beginning to think that quite possibly this site is not the place to talk about what I've received from God.
I know that I definitely do not want to cause anyone to pull away from Christ.
Even though I know what my experiences were and what they were meant for, it is very hard to communicate with people who do not truly know me. Even though I can say that I am sane...and I can believe others are sane...do I know this for sure? I mean, I've never met anyone from here before in person.
Shawn, I think you and many of the others who posted on here, including myself, said the things we did with good intentions...but in this case (at least for me) it has turned out to be not such a good thing.

I am not trying to sound like this was a bad thing to do...but maybe it was a lesson...one well learned by me.

We all know that there are those who are truely "insane" out there and I don't want to influence them in any way....especially influencing them by making them think that God is actually telling them to do something bad.

I hope I said everything appropriately...and I hope I didn't offend anyone. It's just that with all the replies that are being made...I don't think this thread is for me.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
God does not tell people to do evil things. As a matter of fact the voices those killers hear are not from God, but a sign of a mental problem...I believe that anyone who actually hears audible voices regardless of who they think the voice belongs to, when nobody is around, that is voices in their heads has a mental problem....Nothing else makes sense to me.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:49 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Shawn and anyone else who cares to listen,
I am sorry that such a beautiful thought has turned this nasty.
We, who are true Christians, know that if God has sent anything to us, he has also told us what to do with it.
Nothing sent from God is of our thought. All the Glory must be given to God.
I'm beginning to think that quite possibly this site is not the place to talk about what I've received from God.
I know that I definitely do not want to cause anyone to pull away from Christ.
Even though I know what my experiences were and what they were meant for, it is very hard to communicate with people who do not truly know me. Even though I can say that I am sane...and I can believe others are sane...do I know this for sure? I mean, I've never met anyone from here before in person.
Shawn, I think you and many of the others who posted on here, including myself, said the things we did with good intentions...but in this case (at least for me) it has turned out to be not such a good thing.

I am not trying to sound like this was a bad thing to do...but maybe it was a lesson...one well learned by me.

We all know that there are those who are truely "insane" out there and I don't want to influence them in any way....especially influencing them by making them think that God is actually telling them to do something bad.

I hope I said everything appropriately...and I hope I didn't offend anyone. It's just that with all the replies that are being made...I don't think this thread is for me.
I for one am with you. Even though there were some people who were nasty a rude in their post, my faith in God still stands. I started this post bacause I just wanting to hear the lovely things that God has done for people. But their are certain people who I feel don't believe in God, but for some reason they intrude in on people who do believe in God. I for one just don't understand this. Me personally I don't troll around and look for people who do not believe in God. People who do not understand spiritual things, are just left in darkness. This experience has increased my faith, because God's Word says that this was going to happen. God already knew that people just would not accept Him, or his children. I love the God that I serve and I enjoy every experience that I have with Him. God does not whisper negative crazy thoughts into my ears, He speaks love an peace. I really don't care if people on here feel as if we are lieing, but I say this the nicest way that I can, but I don't bother non-believers, and wish they would do the same. For some reason I feel the hate from people who just don't believe in God, and that is fine, but why perposely come into a subject where you don't know what you are talking about. My faith is stronger, so I thank the negative people who just don't get it for their post. I'm sorry that everyone has not had a wonderful experience with God, but the ones who have are truely blessed. It's funny, but I read the negative post and I smile because they just don't know what they are talking about, and I for one don't feel the need to argue with them. God is God and will continue to be God all by Himself. I encourage and thank everyone for sharing their experience and I'm sorry that the negative people who for some reason came searching for an arguement. So, continue and share what God has done in your life, don't let negative people who don't know what they are talking about hinder your faith. Just continue looking over the people that try to pull you down, in the long run you know what's going to happen and God is specific in the end. I wish you could troll proof your forums. LOL

Old 02-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
God does not tell people to do evil things. As a matter of fact the voices those killers hear are not from God, but a sign of a mental problem...I believe that anyone who actually hears audible voices regardless of who they think the voice belongs to, when nobody is around, that is voices in their heads has a mental problem....Nothing else makes sense to me.
I was just wandering you stated that from my understanding of you post, that you do not understand spiritual things. So, why are you in a forum that is talking about spiritual things? Honestly it seems to me that you and others hear just wanted to cause trouble.

This was your comment I believe that anyone who actually hears audible voices regardless of who they think the voice belongs to, when nobody is around, that is voices in their heads has a mental problem....Nothing else makes sense to me.

So, this forum does not make since to you, but you felt the need to comment on things that you do not understand. That does not make since to me. I dont want to start an argument, I was just wondering why?

Old 02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Shawn; I don't know if you are including me in with the people you think are making hateful posts, but I'll explain why I've posted on this thread. I believe that there is much danger in accepting a voice heard in your head as real, even if you think it is God's voice. These things just do not happen without a cause.

When my ex wife's cousin chopped up his aunt that did it for me...He was like many of you. A devout Christian. I'm not saying anybody is crazy, as that is only one of many causes of delusions. Ignore me at your's and your love one's peril, because the messages may not always be benign. I suggest that anyone who hears these voices seek out causes other than the spirit world.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Shawn; I don't know if you are including me in with the people you think are making hateful posts, but I'll explain why I've posted on this thread. I believe that there is much danger in accepting a voice heard in your head as real, even if you think it is God's voice. These things just do not happen without a cause.

When my ex wife's cousin chopped up his aunt that did it for me...He was like many of you. A devout Christian. I'm not saying anybody is crazy, as that is only one of many causes of delusions. Ignore me at your's and your love one's peril, because the messages may not always be benign. I suggest that anyone who hears these voices seek out causes other than the spirit world.
Actually I really don't take what you wrote to heart. But what does kind of bother me is that you are comparing your wife's cousin to us, or even me. To be honest you really don't know much about the Christians on here or me. I don't think that you are attacking me personally, but I feel that you are grouping all Christians in one group and the ones that went lonely. I take my relationship with God seriously and I don't walk around looking for voices to drop out of the sky. I relize that the spiritual realm is serious business and their are people out their that have this experience. Just like you wife's cousin he heard a voice, which tells people that you can hear voices, good or evil. But if you are not careful you can listen to the wrong voice. God speaks and interacts with us in different ways, and I recognize that, and I'm thankful that I had an experience with God. I feel that my experience was different from your wife's cousin. And I feel that you are comparing us or even me to your wife's cousin just because he said that he was a Christian. I don't hear crazy things, or voices telling me to chop people up. Some people don't relize that not everyone who calls themself a Christian is really a follower of Jesus, even Jesus said that. To really determine if someone is a true Christian, is to determine them by the fruit they produce. If someone is going around chopping off heads, then they are not following Christ, they may be claiming his name, but they are not following His ways. I don't think that it is fair that you are comparing me or others to what your wife's cousin did and you do not even know us, just because he called himself Christian, does not mean that he was.

Matthew 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

So, this says that many will call themselves by his name but Jesus never knew them. So, these are people who are going around doing crazy things and practicing lawlessness, but are still calling themselves by God's name, when in reality they are not. But people don't see it that way. I feel that you are looking at what he did and him calling himself a Christian, and planting that on our faith. I'm sorry to say but I feel that your wife's cousins was not a true disciples of Christ who was living and walking with God. I understand your concern and a person can be lead astray from Jesus and do awful things if they are not careful. I'm just hoping that you one day get to really see what a true Christian looks like if you have not already. Listening to a aubible voice is not the center of a Christian Faith. Living and trusting God is. I just picked out an experience that I had with God and wanted to share and hear from others. But there is more to the Christian faith, like trusting God, living for him, doing the work of God, praying helping other, telling the lost about Christ and so many more. I just wanted to talk about an experience, and I think since others have heard negative things about this topic from people who were not really experiencing it, they have tainted what it really means. I'm not sure if you read the bible, but if you read on people who heard God's voice, it was because he had something that he wanted to say to them. And you also hear of satan and demons speaking to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity