U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-07-2009, 08:18 AM

11,019 posts, read 9,227,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
NO WAY !!!!!!!!...the first time I heard the voice my brother was right there facing me....there was an unbelievable feeling along with it. It was like I was in the room with evil.
That would be called a panic attack. Yes they do feel evil, like the devil is trying to choke you to death. Just like the other unusual events reported in the religious forum I.E. voices, there is medicine to avert panic attacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 AM

728 posts, read 1,250,663 times
No, but I speak to space aliens regularly and am on a first name basis with Sasquatch! Does that count?

Old 02-07-2009, 08:35 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,283,635 times
Nope. I went through a year of anxiety attacks a few years ago. You know it's a physical reaction...not some kind of evil or Satan choking you or whatnot.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:55 AM

12,376 posts, read 14,536,352 times
I have never heard the audible voice of God..I do think that His Spirit is alive and working through my conscious and subconscious thoughts though..
I have "faith" that He is near and through His Spirit I know him..
I need no visions, dreams, voices, or other physical signs that He is beside me..My faith is His desire..I can't see or explain my faith and can't physically see or explain God..
JMHO

Old 02-07-2009, 08:57 AM

11,019 posts, read 9,227,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Nope. I went through a year of anxiety attacks a few years ago. You know it's a physical reaction...not some kind of evil or Satan choking you or whatnot.
Depends on the degree of anxiety and the way your brain processes the attack.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 AM

3,587 posts, read 3,540,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You said it all. The thing that amazes was the way the Christians said they would treat a Jehovah's Witness should one come to their door. Yet the Christians think everyone should listen to them. What a myopic religion.
Well, you must of skipped over what I wrote. Once again yall are comparing all Christians the same. I said that if a Jehovah's Witness came to my door I would welcome them in and sit and talk with them. I would listen to their view of God, then I would share my view of God.

There were some that said that they would slam the door, but I said that I would not do that, because that would be disrespectful.

Once again you just don't know what yall are talking about and it shows again.

One day you will get it right. So sad, its just so sad to jump to conclusions and be wrong at that.

This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about, people trolling around doing exactly this type of stuff. I don't have anything to do with what other Christians do, but you still continue to bring you negatige non-since, once again your negative non-since, and wrong again comments. It's just pointless.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-07-2009 at 10:59 AM..

Old 02-07-2009, 11:43 AM

19,926 posts, read 8,232,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Could God speak to people audible? yes but I doubt it is this many times as I am hearing in this thread. If God does speak to you, make sure it is in line with His word.
After reading God's word in the OT then I guess anything heard goes. The OT endorsed child sacrifice (Judges 11:29-38), genocide, discrimination, slavery, rape, etc............

Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
But others here are discussing the scientific def. of audible.
Believe me, I understand where you're coming from, too. But I am more interested in the topics I see here such as whether God's voice is male - or if the female voices of God that people have heard is actually God's voice or the voice of an angel (which, presumably, are female?) that God sent to speak in his place. See what I mean?
You are thinking that God's voice is a male?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Right! And Abraham knew from the beginning that his son would be ok, when they left, Abraham said WE will be back. God is never going to tell us to do something that conflicts with His Word. But this is what happens when people don't want to see the whole story.
Here is a "whole story".

Judges 11:29-40

29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD : "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."

36 "My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."

38 "You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.
From this comes the Israelite custom 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 PM

20,005 posts, read 20,321,562 times
Jephthah's rash vow brought him unspeakable grief. In the heat of emotion or personal turmoil it's easy to make foolish promises to God. God did not tell him to do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity