Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2009, 03:23 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

Hello and greetings to you

In the last couple of years, I have been inspired to hear my spirit through the thoughts of my heart, he has shown me how to confess and honor and worship God by showing me, and guiding me through the word of God. Yes it is a possibility that some dreams can inspire a person. But the Lord does not speak in dreams but in inspiration by the Holy Spirit.

Confess from the thoughts of the Heart
Romans 10:1-13 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever, shall call upon the name of the Lord (JESUS CHRIST) shall be saved?
Romans 10: 1 -5; 10: 6 - 21; 11: 1 – 10; 11: 11 – 36; 15: 1 – 13; 15: 14 – 33.
Dan 9:3-5 I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
Josh 7:19-20 My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:
2 Chron 30:22 LORD: and they did eat throughout the feast seven days, offering peace offerings, and making confession to the LORD God of their fathers.
Ezra 10:11-14 Now therefore make confession unto the LORD God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives. Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice, As thou hast said, so must we do.
But the people are many, and it is a time of much rain, and we are not able to stand without, neither is this a work of one day or two: for we are many that have transgressed in this thing. Let now our rulers of all the congregation stand, and let all them which have taken strange wives in our cities come at appointed times, and with them the elders of every city, and the judges thereof, until the fierce wrath of our God for this matter be turned from us.

Confess Jesus Christ without being Ashamed
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Isaiah 28:16-17 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
Psalms 25:1-3 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
Romans 5:4-6 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
2 Cor 7:14 For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth,
2 Cor 9:4 Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me, and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed in this same confident boasting.
2 Cor. 10: 7 - 11 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
That I may not seem as if I would terrify you by letters.
For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.
Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
2 Thess 3:13-15 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
2 Tim 1:6-9 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
Heb 2:10-13 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Heb 11:15-16 31 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Mix up your mother would my mother when you're done
1 Peter 4:15-17 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Psalms 31:17-18 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
Psalms 34:3-5 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
Psalms 37:18-19 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
Psalms 69:6-7 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.
Psalms 74:21 O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.
Psalms 119:6-7 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psalms 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Confess by faith, By the faith of the Holy Spirit
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? Josh 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Ex 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
Psalms 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Gal 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin?
Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Heb 11:17-31 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Hello and greetings to you

In the last couple of years, I have been inspired to hear my spirit through the thoughts of my heart, he has shown me how to confess and honor and worship God by showing me, and guiding me through the word of God. Yes it is a possibility that some dreams can inspire a person. But the Lord does not speak in dreams but in inspiration by the Holy Spirit.

Confess from the thoughts of the Heart
Romans 10:1-13 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
For whosoever, shall call upon the name of the Lord (JESUS CHRIST) shall be saved?
Romans 10: 1 -5; 10: 6 - 21; 11: 1 – 10; 11: 11 – 36; 15: 1 – 13; 15: 14 – 33.
Dan 9:3-5 I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes: And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:
Josh 7:19-20 My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
And Achan answered Joshua, and said, Indeed I have sinned against the LORD God of Israel, and thus and thus have I done:
2 Chron 30:22 LORD: and they did eat throughout the feast seven days, offering peace offerings, and making confession to the LORD God of their fathers.
Ezra 10:11-14 Now therefore make confession unto the LORD God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives. Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice, As thou hast said, so must we do.
But the people are many, and it is a time of much rain, and we are not able to stand without, neither is this a work of one day or two: for we are many that have transgressed in this thing. Let now our rulers of all the congregation stand, and let all them which have taken strange wives in our cities come at appointed times, and with them the elders of every city, and the judges thereof, until the fierce wrath of our God for this matter be turned from us.

Confess Jesus Christ without being Ashamed
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Isaiah 28:16-17 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
Psalms 25:1-3 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
Romans 5:4-6 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Romans 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
2 Cor 7:14 For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth,
2 Cor 9:4 Lest haply if they of Macedonia come with me, and find you unprepared, we (that we say not, ye) should be ashamed in this same confident boasting.
2 Cor. 10: 7 - 11 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:
That I may not seem as if I would terrify you by letters.
For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.
Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present.
2 Thess 3:13-15 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.
Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.
2 Tim 1:6-9 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
Heb 2:10-13 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.
And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
Heb 11:15-16 31 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Mix up your mother would my mother when you're done
1 Peter 4:15-17 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Psalms 25:2 O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Psalms 31:17-18 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
Psalms 34:3-5 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
Psalms 37:18-19 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
Psalms 69:6-7 Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.
Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my face.
Psalms 74:21 O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.
Psalms 119:6-7 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psalms 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Confess by faith, By the faith of the Holy Spirit
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? Josh 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Ex 13:9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.
Psalms 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Gal 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin?
Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Heb 11:17-31 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.
By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.
By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.
By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.
By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
This is very long, thanks for posting.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:42 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I haven't heard anything audible...thankfully! I would be scared if I did, think I was going nuts!!! But I have felt God speaking to my spirit. Thats Ok, in fact - thats great...because God is a spirit and communicates spiritually to us - you know that still small voice. Just a thourght deep inside...
Hi jenna,
My thinking was a lot like yours. I have been a Christian for many years now. It wasn't until a few months ago...that I heard this voice "out loud"...and know what? You are absolutely correct...first thing I thought? "I am going nuts!" I called a friend and told her to come over immediately...that I thought maybe I needed to go somewhere!...
where, I did not know...but in my thoughts, I could not have heard what I thought I did.

What I heard said was something like "I'll show what I can do." Having the daylights scared out of you is something like I was feeling. Now, though, after my friend and I sat in my livingroom and watched the things that transpired within the next few minutes...there is no doubt.
After we experienced what we did, I asked my friend, "now what?"
She said "I guess you'd better do what you think He's telling you to do! I never would have believed all this if I hadn't seen it myself."
I am so greatful to God for allowing others to witness what He does in my life...if it were not for that...I just might be "nuts"....lol.

Since this experience, I pray that He might come to me again as He did before...so far to no avail. I'd like to be able to hear that voice and not "run for cover." It may have been the only time in my life when I got to hear Him (in this way)......I hope I didn't make Him upset with me for doubting that I had actually heard what I heard.

After this experience, I would tell everyone pray to hear Him! It is possible. ---but don't do like I did, and cower when and if He answers your prayer. I don't think I have experienced anything more edifying to my faith than I did at that moment.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
Hi jenna,
My thinking was a lot like yours. I have been a Christian for many years now. It wasn't until a few months ago...that I heard this voice "out loud"...and know what? You are absolutely correct...first thing I thought? "I am going nuts!" I called a friend and told her to come over immediately...that I thought maybe I needed to go somewhere!...
where, I did not know...but in my thoughts, I could not have heard what I thought I did.

What I heard said was something like "I'll show what I can do." Having the daylights scared out of you is something like I was feeling. Now, though, after my friend and I sat in my livingroom and watched the things that transpired within the next few minutes...there is no doubt.
After we experienced what we did, I asked my friend, "now what?"
She said "I guess you'd better do what you think He's telling you to do! I never would have believed all this if I hadn't seen it myself."
I am so greatful to God for allowing others to witness what He does in my life...if it were not for that...I just might be "nuts"....lol.

Since this experience, I pray that He might come to me again as He did before...so far to no avail. I'd like to be able to hear that voice and not "run for cover." It may have been the only time in my life when I got to hear Him (in this way)......I hope I didn't make Him upset with me for doubting that I had actually heard what I heard.

After this experience, I would tell everyone pray to hear Him! It is possible. ---but don't do like I did, and cower when and if He answers your prayer. I don't think I have experienced anything more edifying to my faith than I did at that moment.
So you heard God's voice out loud, but what did you and your friend experience together when she came over?

I kind of had a similar experience. For some reason my favorite scripture in the bible is when God called Samuel as a young boy. (2 Samuel 3) When I read that scripture I was like wow you can hear God that clear and I just had this desire to want to hear God the same way as Samuel. So I went on a fast and heard an aubible twice.

But what happend after that was kind of scary like you said. The exact same thing happened just like what happened in the scripture. I thought my mom called me and I naturally called out to her and said what, but I heard nothing.

So, I got up and went to my mom in the back where she was and I said you called me. She and her friend looked at me funny and said, know you are hearing things we didn't call you.

So, I came back to my room and thought was that God calling me just like He called Samuel. I heard a voice that sounded like my mom but it wasn't my mom and my mom never called me from her room because I wouldn't be able to hear her if she did.

The funny thing is I remembered the scripture and said that if God would ever call me like samuel I would say the same thing that samuel said, Speak Lord for your servant is listening. But I totally forgot to say it, because I was like did I really hear that.

And when I think about it the voice sounded like my moms voice, but my moms voice never sounded that soft.

So, just like you I hope I didn't blow it since I didn't really recognize God talking to me. I did just as Samuel did but I forgot to say what he said in the scripture. So, I hope that I get another chance and I will be ready to hear more. I hope that I didn't upset God because I don't want Him to stop speaking to me this way. It was been along time since I heard an aubible voice but I hope to hear again.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 05-15-2009 at 06:22 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 06:52 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
So you heard God's voice out loud, but what did you and your friend experience together when she came over?

I kind of had a similar experience. For some reason my favorite scripture in the bible is when God called Samuel as a young boy. (2 Samuel 3) When I read that scripture I was like wow you can hear God that clear and I just had this desire to want to hear God the same way as Samuel. So I went on a fast and heard an aubible twice.

But what happend after that was kind of scary like you said. The exact same thing happened just like what happened in the scripture. I thought my mom called me and I naturally called out to her and said what, but I heard nothing.

So, I got up and went to my mom in the back where she was and I said you called me. She and her friend looked at me funny and said, know you are hearing things we didn't call you.

So, I came back to my room and thought was that God calling me just like He called Samuel. I heard a voice that sounded like my mom but it wasn't my mom and my mom never called me from her room because I wouldn't be able to hear her if she did.

The funny thing is I remembered the scripture and said that if God would ever call me like samuel I would say the same thing that samuel said, Speak Lord for your servant is listening. But I totally forgot to say it, because I was like did I really hear that.

And when I think about it the voice sounded like my moms voice, but my moms voice never sounded that soft.

So, just like you I hope I didn't blow it since I didn't really recognize God talking to me. I did just as Samuel did but I forgot to say what he said in the scripture. So, I hope that I get another chance and I will be ready to hear more. I hope that I didn't upset God because I don't want Him to stop speaking to me this way. It was been along time since I heard an aubible voice but I hope to hear again.
I have told it on here before, you should be able to find it in my back posts...
Isn't God amazing?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I have told it on here before, you should be able to find it in my back posts...
Isn't God amazing?
Yes, God is amazing. I hear of people that say that they don't want to hear God aubibly because they are scared. I'm not saying that I'm not scared because I do fear and respect the Lord but their is something that keeps pushing me to just want to hear God. It is a longing desire that is in me.

Don't get me wrong God's voice is very powerful and should not be played with. I know how serious this is and just have a longing to want to be this close to God. I mean He is our Father, so I would naturally want to hear Him.

I think that it may be the Holy Spirit that may be driving me to want to hear God this way, because the urge just came about a year ago to just want to experience God this way. There are some people that are comfortable with experiencing God in a normal way, but their are others that want to experience God in unspeakable ways.

I can't expain why I want to hear God this way or be so close to God that I feel His presence all over me. I just think that the Holy Spirit is driving me to want to experience these things.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:44 PM

I think that it is exciting when you read about people experience with God!

Old 06-03-2009, 02:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,845 times
I had an NDE, the Holy Spirit came to my and said clearly, "Indescribably Delicous," (google theology of Peter Paul Almond Joy), then took me to Heaven. Before entering, I met Christ, who said in the same very audible tone, "Union of All Things." After entering Heaven I was traveling down this big river of living water, and the water (God) said, "River of Life." This was all very intense and bewildering, and the next day God spoke to me, "Nicodemus," just the one word. Several days later I was feeling overwhelmed by bad circumstances and dishonest people, and suddenly God spoke, again just one word, from high out of the east, "Armageddon." These are the ONLY times God has spoken to me in my 61 years, except once when I was a child, he spoke, "You will never die." God's "audible" voice isn't heard with just the ears, it is a very strong impression that sounds a bit like a trumpet, but is felt more than heard. I hope these things encourage you. I wish I heard God's very strong, clear voice all of the time, but it doesn't happen. Of course, to an unbeliever, this all sounds like hallucination or dreaming, but it certainly is NOT. God is real, Jesus in the Union of All Things, and Heaven awaits us.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:21 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,879 times
nope....I dont hear voices...

Old 06-03-2009, 07:20 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,644 times
The Lord has dropped things into my consciousness in 2 unmistakable instances.

One I will not post about, as it is too personal.

The other, I will tell you what He told me:

"Think like a child thinks."

He meant by that, remember how, when you were little, you got up out of bed, and each day was a new day? You looked forward to the day. And when you are a little child, and some other child hurts you, you instantly forgive them, you hug, and you are friends again, and you start playing together...you do not sit and ruminate (as many adults do), about past hurts done to do, children are not bitter, they are tender and pure, and their thinking is fresh. This is what He told me to do, and I understand why He said this to me.
He meant to take control of my mind, my emotions, to live in the present, like a little child; not to sit and stew about the past, or harbor ill will towards someone who had wronged me....because all we have is the present, we are not promised tomorrow. As the Bible teaches, are cannot even be sure of our next breath, and the Lord said in the Bible to just live each day, and let tomorrow take care of itself.
So the word He dropped into my consciousness, was consistent with scripture.
It is a wonderful, indescrible, and humbling thing to know that the Lord God, who created the universe, would direct His attention to you, but it's not scary. It's awesome, there is no way to describe it.
If you want to hear something from Him, hold Him in your thoughts, commune with Him through the days, He will speak to you, as a shepherd leads His sheep. But you have to be quiet, to hear Him. You have to know how to be still, and listen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity