Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 08:22 AM

530 posts, read 901,761 times

Advertisements

Celt3333 - That's great. God is so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM

Oh, by the way I too have heard the audible voice of God as has my son. The first time I heard the Lord was in July of 2004. It was about 3:30am & I was sleeping under the fan in the window. A voice coming through the fan said PRAYYYYYYYYY. I jumped screaming my first thoughts were ahhhhhhhhh. Did he say HEYYYY OR PRAY? I'm sure he said pray. I was frantic running through the house calling for my kids who of course didn't wake up. Finally I calmed myself & said okay Lord and I prayed. I say it was God because it was Gods command, but I'm sure it was the Angel of the Lord. The voice wasn't loud or demanding, but kind of wispery, but loud enough to wake me out of a sound sleep. Later I joked with my kids & friends about how the Angel of the Lord must look at us some times like why are you running. In hindsight that was pretty silly to jump up & run, but I had never experienced anything like that & it was a bit scary. That same year my son who was I think 8 @ the time heard the Lord too. Once again I was in bed & he came running upstairs and said yes mommy? I woke up and said, "what sweetie, I didn't call you." A few minutes later he came up again the same way saying, "yes mommy you called?" I said, no I didn't. Then I called my daughter upstairs & I said, "did you hear me call your brother? She said, yes two times." I knew then it was God. I said the next time say yes Lord. He didn't tell me he called him again. The last time I heard the Angel of the Lord was this year. A few months ago God started doing some amazing things in my life & he was talking to me & guiding me on a regular basis and every morning I had to get up early before work or do things & this one particular day I was so tired that I didn't want to get up. I was just laying there. I clearly heard the voice of the Lord say in a whisper, "get up." This time I got up without all the theatrics or running and screaming.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hello brother/sister,

Welcome to the forum!! There are not a lot of people on here who have claimed to actually hear the voice of God. But the voice I heard was like a whisper, yet very bold. Kind of difficult to explain. But I cannot say without a doubt that it was God himself, but it was definately a message sent to me from God.

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Thanks. I just posted my story of hearing from God. I started seeking others who have heard the voice of God or who God is working in a different, or what some term a differne manner because it is not always easy to talk openly about this to people are church or your friends. Our friends know us & sometimes are too familiar too us to believe what we are saying.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Smile Not sure how I missed this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Hello, I am glad that you enjoy this thread. I started this thread because I actually wanted to hear other people's experiences that they had with the Lord and I wanted to share my journey with the Lord. I live in South Carolina. I hope that you enjoy this thread and hopefully have some to share with us. Have a nice day.
I don't know how I missed this today when I signed on. I guess I'm just learning to navigate it. I posted my experiences today. God started talking to me again (in my mind / spirit - not audibly) in February of this year. He was talking so much it was almost over whelming. This continued until the beginning of April. It was during that time I heard the voice of what I call the Angel of the Lord for the 2nd time. Now I still hear (not audibly) his guidance and direction, but its different. Kind of hard to explain, "its in the word, written word, and everything. I told my Pastor & he agreed it was God & God is doing something, but I attend a fairly large church & its not easy or possible to always talk to the Pastor. And you know what its not always necessary. Its just nice to talk to others that are similar & to see what God is doing. I whole heartedly believe God is doing something in the earth.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
Helen Keller was born blind, deaf and dumb.

when (after much work) they were finally able to communicate with her.

This question was asked to her.. " do you know God"

she replied OH ! .. "is that HIS NAME?" !!

GOD as Father, reveals HIMSELF to ALL His Children !!

in ways you could never imagine !!
I am loving this post! I'm like Go JESUS. I think so many people box God, box what God can do. Do people really believe they can know all of God with our infinite minds? God is so big, his mercy is so great & his love is so deep we can't even imagine. I'm not sure why those who don't believe God can speak through other means are on this thread. Maybe its to argue, maybe its to debate I'm not sure, but I'm glad the thread was created, I'm glad to hear others experiences, and I'm glad to see God exhorted & lifted up!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:24 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
I thank everyone that shared there experience or experiences here for me and others to read. I really do enjoy reading how God is moving in other people's lives today. God is so awesome. I know that God is going to do great things in people lives around the world. I am just so thankful that I can be a part of it.

Also I thank everyone for being bold enough to share what the Lord is doing, because there are people who mock our experiences and even mock God. But I made up in my mind that I didn't care what people said to me or even posted here, even if that meant reading mean or nasty comments that I have experienced from some people. My love for God is to great to keep my mouth closed. So, I will share my experiences because God is to good to me.

Over the couple of weeks or months, I have been having a lot of dreams and mostly hearing God in my spirit. I find out that the more that I mature, God interacts with me in different ways.

It doesn't matter if God speaks in an aubible voice or a still small voice, any way that God speaks is awesome, because He doesn't have to speak to us if He doesn't want to, but He wants to out of His love for His children.

I want to be so close to God that I have even more amazing experiences and encounters with my Father, but that means preparing myself for that. God is holy and to be in God's presence we have to prepare ourselves to worship a Holy God.

Once again thank you everyone for sharing, this really means a lot and I really love this thread. I honestly think that God would want us to share this with others. Have a nice day.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I don't know how I missed this today when I signed on. I guess I'm just learning to navigate it. I posted my experiences today. God started talking to me again (in my mind / spirit - not audibly) in February of this year. He was talking so much it was almost over whelming. This continued until the beginning of April. It was during that time I heard the voice of what I call the Angel of the Lord for the 2nd time. Now I still hear (not audibly) his guidance and direction, but its different. Kind of hard to explain, "its in the word, written word, and everything. I told my Pastor & he agreed it was God & God is doing something, but I attend a fairly large church & its not easy or possible to always talk to the Pastor. And you know what its not always necessary. Its just nice to talk to others that are similar & to see what God is doing. I whole heartedly believe God is doing something in the earth.
Yea, I know what you mean. Sharing and talking with others who understand or who have had similiar experiences can be an awesome thing. One thing I learned is this, a person may have had a totally different experience with the Lord, but that may allow the person who never had that experience who see God in a different way just by reading someone elses experience. God may or may not allow that person to have a similar experience.

But God deals with us individually on His terms. I may not have the same experience as you, but having an experience with the Lord is awesome. You know I always look or wait for the next wow. What I mean by that is, having an encounter with the Lord that is so breath taking. But God is teaching me that He doesn't have to do things that big to get my attention. Sometimes I just get a feeling all over me of warmth and I know that God loves me. I simply smile. I even get excited when God is correcting me when I am wrong. Because I simply enjoy hearing His voice to the point I even want to hear Him correct me. The reason for that is because I went through a time in my life when hearing God was so hard to the point I felt like I wasn't hearing Him at all. So, now what ever God says, I enjoy hearing His voice.

I learned to stop looking for God to do things that were big, because sometimes God wants to simply whisper something to you that is quiet and gentle, verses a thunder or shaking you to get your attention. This is what I have learned so far in my journey. There is so much, but I just got off work and kind of tired. Talk to you later.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
I have heard the "voice" of what I believe may have been my guardian angel. It's happened a few times. I posted about it before, here.

I just linked to it Vs reposting all of it again.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Yea, I know what you mean. Sharing and talking with others who understand or who have had similiar experiences can be an awesome thing. One thing I learned is this, a person may have had a totally different experience with the Lord, but that may allow the person who never had that experience who see God in a different way just by reading someone elses experience. God may or may not allow that person to have a similar experience.

But God deals with us individually on His terms. I may not have the same experience as you, but having an experience with the Lord is awesome. You know I always look or wait for the next wow. What I mean by that is, having an encounter with the Lord that is so breath taking. But God is teaching me that He doesn't have to do things that big to get my attention. Sometimes I just get a feeling all over me of warmth and I know that God loves me. I simply smile. I even get excited when God is correcting me when I am wrong. Because I simply enjoy hearing His voice to the point I even want to hear Him correct me. The reason for that is because I went through a time in my life when hearing God was so hard to the point I felt like I wasn't hearing Him at all. So, now what ever God says, I enjoy hearing His voice.

I learned to stop looking for God to do things that were big, because sometimes God wants to simply whisper something to you that is quiet and gentle, verses a thunder or shaking you to get your attention. This is what I have learned so far in my journey. There is so much, but I just got off work and kind of tired. Talk to you later.

You are so right, God does deal with us individually & he is so good. And like you the Things have increased & also become different for me over the last few months. Earlier in a post you said, "God is doing something in the earth & you are glad to be a part of it." I feel that way too. Its so excitig! Well you are probably resting so I will talk to you later. Hopefully others who have experienced similar will post soon.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:33 AM

595 posts, read 761,566 times
I have read so many of these posts and they are amazing!
I can say God literally calls my name and wakes me. I jump up and say, "Yes Lord" He says, "Read" or "Spend time with me".

I was praying one day and I do not know if I was in the Spirit or out of body, I was running with Jesus and I felt like a child running, never getting tired, I remember all this so well. I kept telling Jesus, "We have to go, we have to go, we have to hurry." I ran and turned around to look at Him and He was laughing, (so so awesome His laugh, I can still hear Him), "We have to hurry Jesus, we have to go see Him" And the next thing I knew was Jesus had taken me by the hand and we flew up higher in the clouds, it was at a very high speed because I remember the clouds whizzing by, but yet it took a very long time. Then Jesus was standing in front of me with his hand out and I was walking on some type of balcony, beckoning me to come. I followed and He offered me a seat in front of the Throne of God. I saw the seats and they were tall, but only for a second. And I looked at Jesus and started to cry and said to Jesus, "oh Lord,no, I do not want to sit in front of my Father, I want to lay at His feet. I remember speaking verbally "oh, Lord, no, but the rest of the words were like telepathic, Jesus knew what I was saying, but my mouth didn't move. And I walked in front of my God and laid face down and loved Him with all my heart. I remember Him being so magnificent. At the time I could remember more details, but they have faded. The next thing I remember is sitting on the floor with tears streaming down my face.
I remember another instance where scripture was circling and surrounding me and as it turned i was reading it. I woke myself up from reading it aloud in my sleep. I remember all the words were like light shining through, edged in black.
One day I was driving out of the park and at a stop light. For some reason I looked up in the sky and there was the face of Jesus, smiling. I must of been mesmerized because the person behind me honked. It was amazing and funny at the same time.

I probably could write a book on all the things of God, I have experienced as audible and visions, but these are a few for God's glory. He Is so Amazing!

God Bless,
Mercy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity