Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 07:52 PM

65 posts, read 218,493 times

Advertisements

its happened one more time.wonder if it could have anything to do with my grandmother.she died in 2002 and i still haven't grieved over her and we were very close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 01:22 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
About two or three weeks ago I was struggling with something personal in my life. In our past we sometimes do things that we are ashamed of in our future. Well, I was ashamed of my past sins and I allowed for condemnation to set in. So, I stopped going to church for a while. But, then while I was in my room, I heard the internal audible voice of God say, " YOU CAN'T KEEP RUNNING FROM ME, YOU WANT HAVE PEACE." It was at that moment that God's words actually brought me to tears. I knew that I couldn't run from God, but I was feeling really down and instead of going to Him when my past was staring me in the face, I turned from Him.

But I realized that I had to go back to church and simply give God what was bothering me. I know that God had already forgiven me for my past, but I didn't.

What I heard was not a still small voice, even though that is how I normally here Him. God's voice was internal, but so clear, audible, that I couldn't mistake it. If there are some who are not sure what I am speaking about when I say the internal audible voice of God, I would simply say research it.

Well, that is all for now.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,502 times
I too have heard God's voice. He told me that I must love Him 1st and he would return what he has taken from me. I wish I could hear Him all the time, I am going thru a hard time now and I still look at the past. Some people never learn, I am one of them. God has taken away my family, I had a hard time showing them that I did infact love them. You see something happened when I was very young that I will not go into detail on. I blamed God, but I know it was not Him that done that. He has given me good things in my life, nothing but good. You see I went to a hospital for people who wanted to kill themselfs, while in the hospital God showed me His great love. I could forgive myself, I was standing in the way. God also spoke to me about patience and faith which I still have a hard time with because I still look at the past and do not see a great future. Like I said some people never learn, infact tomorrow I may even get fired from my job because I was foolish and did not listen to God and follow His word to the letter. So if anyone else out there gets something good from this, at least I will have done one thing good in my life. God is real and He loves us all, but He loves the sinner most of all. So my prayer is that I hope I have helped you in your time of need. And turn to God for He is the only way. Have a great and wonderfull life. Live for Him put Him 1st, love Him above all else and allways listen He will speak to you.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneshy View Post
I too have heard God's voice. He told me that I must love Him 1st and he would return what he has taken from me. I wish I could hear Him all the time, I am going thru a hard time now and I still look at the past. Some people never learn, I am one of them. God has taken away my family, I had a hard time showing them that I did infact love them. You see something happened when I was very young that I will not go into detail on. I blamed God, but I know it was not Him that done that. He has given me good things in my life, nothing but good. You see I went to a hospital for people who wanted to kill themselfs, while in the hospital God showed me His great love. I could forgive myself, I was standing in the way. God also spoke to me about patience and faith which I still have a hard time with because I still look at the past and do not see a great future. Like I said some people never learn, infact tomorrow I may even get fired from my job because I was foolish and did not listen to God and follow His word to the letter. So if anyone else out there gets something good from this, at least I will have done one thing good in my life. God is real and He loves us all, but He loves the sinner most of all. So my prayer is that I hope I have helped you in your time of need. And turn to God for He is the only way. Have a great and wonderfull life. Live for Him put Him 1st, love Him above all else and allways listen He will speak to you.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:50 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneshy View Post

I'm quite stubborn myself, and I end up doing the same darn things over and over again (things that drag me in the wrong direction). I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time. I hope you have somebody around who is treating you kindly.

Old 08-01-2010, 06:56 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
A year and a half ago, I heard our Heavenly Father loud and clear and He said, "Everyone will know that I am their God and I am their Father." Then last winter, I had a spiritual experience where I had a soul cleansing from the angels and He spoke to me again that He wanted me to tell everyone about Him... so here I am. May we all know our loving Heavenly Father as our personal Father as that's His Will for us and that He loves us all so much. Blessings.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
A year and a half ago, I heard our Heavenly Father loud and clear and He said, "Everyone will know that I am their God and I am their Father." Then last winter, I had a spiritual experience where I had a soul cleansing from the angels and He spoke to me again that He wanted me to tell everyone about Him... so here I am. May we all know our loving Heavenly Father as our personal Father as that's His Will for us and that He loves us all so much. Blessings.
Wow, that is an amazing experience. I am so happy that you experienced God in such a way. Take care. I look forward to hearing more of the LORD doing amazing things in your life. Take care!!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:32 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
This thread has been a true blessing to follow! To see fresh testimonies of God speaking directly to our hearts is what being a Christian is all about, imo!

Blessings to every poster!
Brian

Old 08-09-2010, 06:29 PM

65 posts, read 218,493 times
happened to me twice last night.i finally turned the lights on and went back to sleep.something is definitely trying to get my attention.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEH2010 View Post
happened to me twice last night.i finally turned the lights on and went back to sleep.something is definitely trying to get my attention.
What did you hear? Did you hear words or just a sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity