Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2010, 08:34 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardielee View Post
God spoke to me the morning my beloved mother died suddenly from a massive MI. I am a nurse and tried cpr but she didnt make it. I was in shock and disbelief. I was very mad at God! I was in my bed at 5:00 in the morning after she passed not knowing what to do, say or think. I said to God "why? what have I done for you to take my mommy so soon?" I then proceeded to tell God "you take this and handle it! I cant even breath!" it was at that exact moment when I felt truly the most amazing feeling of peace and unconditional love, not to mention the tingling wonderful feeling i felt throughout my body. My human words could never describe what I really felt. I heard the words- "rest child, everything is going to be alright" i lapsed into a deep sleep and woke up several hours later. I am sure without reservation that the Lord spoke to me.
Sorry, that your mother died, but God is still in control even when people that we love die. Death is something that we all must do, but death can still hurt at times. But I always find peace to know that there is a heaven where all believers go to be with the Lord. When brother died I was mad at God, mad at my brother and went into a deep depression. I never thought I would ever be able to say, I miss my brother but I am glad that he is not suffering anymore. Even if I had the chance to bring him back, I wouldn't because I would rather him be with our Lord then here on earth in the condition that he was in. That is what God can do when He heals your heart.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4:17 View Post
A short time before the Columbine shootings my brother and me were sitting in Denny's, and my brother had his head in his folded hands, and was praying. I was wondering if he was ok when suddenly a very deep voice said, "Don't make me say no!" I looked to my left because I heard the voice in my left ear. My brother looked to his right because he obviously heard the voice in his right ear. We both looked around the restaurant in a frantic sort of way thinking someone was messing with us but everyone in the place was chattering away, oblivious to our apparent consternation. My brother looked at me very intently, and I knew he thought it was me, but I told him, "Come on bro, the voice was in your head as much as mine!" I finally asked him what his prayer was, and he said, "Lord, if it be your will take this cup from me." I told him the voice was the Lord's, and he asked me how I knew, and I told him matter of fact, "Because I've heard it before, very deep; deeper than the ocean."
Wow, now that is totally amazing......... God is truly amazing.. Thank you for sharing.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:36 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
People who do not believe in supernatural things do not understand supernatural things, and don't understand people who experience them. To be honest I'm not really giving you any advice, because in God's word in (John 14:17 the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor Knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you). So, this says to me that their are just some people who will never know him, and refuse to know him. So, when I hear things like this from people, I'm not suprise because God said that it would happen. To, be honest when it happens I count it all joy because it is revealed to me that God already said that it would happen. There are just some things that God has to reveal to people, and if the person is not open to God, then to bad, they are missing out. If you are happy, then I am happy for you. But as for me living for God and experiencing him daily is the best life their is. It does not bother to me when someone feels that they have to prove to me that they feel that God does not exist. Because the truth is He does and is, and will respond to His people. When you have an experience with Him, noone can talk you out of God's hand. When you hear people talking nonsence, it just makes like so much better. Because you relize that God already told you that it was going to happen, so you just sit back and wait for it to happen. I don't want to debate with you on you believing that is your business. What ever you believe you have the right to believe in what ever you believe and we have the right to believe in God. To be honest I was posting this question to people who had an experience with God, not so for people who don't believe and just want to tell us that they don't believe. But It does not bother me, I just don't want to start this long debate with the believe of God or not. I just wanted to really enjoy reading other peoples experience. But I do relize some people just can't help themselves.
WOW, beautifully said...

Old 09-18-2010, 12:33 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I haven't heard an audible voice and God "speaks" to me often, but I had an experience unlike any other a few years ago. I was in college and just finished eating dinner. I was heading back to my last class for the day. I walked past a homeless person and I purposely tried to not make eye contact with him. He didn't ask me for anything. I kept walking and about 30-45 seconds later God said to me, "Turn around and feed him." I said, "No, God. I don't want to." I really just wanted to get to class and ignore that man. God said again, "Turn around and feed him." I KNEW it was the Lord speaking to me and I listened. I went and bought him dinner. As I walked up to the man I said, "Here, I bought this for you." I've never seen someone act so surprised and appreciative of anything in my entire life. He kept thanking me over and over again. I told him, "God loves you" and the man said, "Yes, thank you!" As I walked away, I started crying with huge tears rolling down my face. They were tears of joy because I felt honored that the Lord gave me that opportunity to serve Him. I also was crying because I've never had God speak to me so clearly before and it was AMAZING. It wasn't audible, but I had and have no doubt that it was the Lord speaking to me. I continued going to that college for another year or two and I never saw him again. Who knows...maybe he was an angel in disguise?
WOW, this sounds exactly like one of my experiences. I was on my way to work and starving and only had enough for an Egg McMuffin (my fav). I passed a homeless with a sign that said "Need Food THANK YOU!" and God said (in a very clear voice) "Feed him" and I was like but I only have enough for my egg mcmuffin! When I pulled up to the drive thru I felt so bad that I ordered as many $1 sausage biscuits as I could afford and drove back to him. He started crying...I starting crying. I thank God for that lesson and it really helped me grow!

Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,245 times
Default Clarificiation

Like a compass a compass doesn't give you fast information completely but does give you complete information when you walk by faith enough.
While life is a walk by faith it does require knowledge like a compass to get started with knowledge a little bit. God's bible word the same way. King David in Psalms 119 compares God's bible word to a compass as we know one in the world today. Scouts are known forusing them. Hikers are known for using them. Campers are known for using them. To summarize what I'm trying to get it, one can conclude that faith and knowledge are buddies working together to act in confidence in God's will we hear. Imagining it's God in our head cause we feel it's God is not bible on living out faith in God----Romans 10:17. Faith requires some book behind it besides being a positive confident person with a goal to succeed at. Many times kings failed cause they have confident ambition for God but didn't confirm God's will with the book enough---John 5:39. That's the heart of the matter on this hearing a voice I think is God talk.

Quote:
What in the world are you talking about? Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say and I don't understand anything that you were trying to say. Sorry, but can you maybe explain a little more because you lost me.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
Like a compass a compass doesn't give you fast information completely but does give you complete information when you walk by faith enough.
While life is a walk by faith it does require knowledge like a compass to get started with knowledge a little bit. God's bible word the same way. King David in Psalms 119 compares God's bible word to a compass as we know one in the world today. Scouts are known forusing them. Hikers are known for using them. Campers are known for using them. To summarize what I'm trying to get it, one can conclude that faith and knowledge are buddies working together to act in confidence in God's will we hear. Imagining it's God in our head cause we feel it's God is not bible on living out faith in God----Romans 10:17. Faith requires some book behind it besides being a positive confident person with a goal to succeed at. Many times kings failed cause they have confident ambition for God but didn't confirm God's will with the book enough---John 5:39. That's the heart of the matter on this hearing a voice I think is God talk.
Your right, but God says that He speaks to His people. So, if there is any concern if God speaks to His people then I would recommend you take that up with the person that says seek Him and the very same person that says He is the one that speaks to His people.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM

138 posts, read 181,600 times
Default Voice of Grandma

I never heard the voice of God or of an Angel, but I once heard the voice of my grandmother -- while she was still alive -- but she lived 30 miles away.

Growing up, my brothers and I lived with our parents, and our maternal grandmother. It had been a tradition in my family for many generations that the maternal grandmother lived with the family. My mom's grandmother had lived with her, and so on back through hundreds of years.

So I was very close to my grandma, and regarded her as almost a second mother.

The night I heard her voice, I was standing in my kitchen doing the dishes. I heard it so loud and clear -- she called my name. I was so surprised by the clarity of this, and I wrote the incident down in my journal.

One year later, to the exact day, she died.

How can one explain this occurrence?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by light1111 View Post
I never heard the voice of God or of an Angel, but I once heard the voice of my grandmother -- while she was still alive -- but she lived 30 miles away.

Growing up, my brothers and I lived with our parents, and our maternal grandmother. It had been a tradition in my family for many generations that the maternal grandmother lived with the family. My mom's grandmother had lived with her, and so on back through hundreds of years.

So I was very close to my grandma, and regarded her as almost a second mother.

The night I heard her voice, I was standing in my kitchen doing the dishes. I heard it so loud and clear -- she called my name. I was so surprised by the clarity of this, and I wrote the incident down in my journal.

One year later, to the exact day, she died.

How can one explain this occurrence?
Well, you could have heard the voice of the Lord or an angel. When I heard my mother call my name, well I thought that it was my mother, but she didn't call me, according to her.

Read the scriptures, I would post it for you but it is to long.

1 Samuel 3: 1 - 10 (I read the NKJV, but you can switch the version)

1 Samuel 3:1-10 - Passage*Lookup - New King James Version - BibleGateway.com

If you read, God called Samuel by name. When Samuel heard what sounded like Eli's voice, he jumped up and went to him. God called Samuel three times. So, you see, the Lord can very well or an angel can call a person and the very voice that He uses can be what sounds to you or me the voice of the ones who are close to us.

So, read the scriptures and get an understanding for yourself.

I am not saying that God was calling you, but He could have very well used the voice of your grandmother. Only God knows.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:30 PM

42 posts, read 44,513 times
Quote:
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

God speaks in many different ways, an aubible voice, The Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, His Word, circumstances, and other ways. So, I am not saying that hearing an aubible voice is better than any other way that God speaks, I am interested in hearing about other people's experience who have had this type of encounter.

Also don't take this thread as a way of trying to learn how to hear God aubibly, because this can't be taught. God chooses how He wants to speak to us individually.

So, if you have not heard God speak to you aubibly, or have not received a message from God by an Angel, that does not mean that God is not speaking to you.

So, please don't take this thread as a means of over looking the other ways that God speaks, I only wanted to hear of others who had this type of experience.

1 Samuel 3:10 is my favorite verse in Scripture and this scripture always jumped out at me and I never really understood why.

But I actually had the opportunity to hear my named called as Samuels name was called. But you can read about that experience further down in the post.
I followed God's commands for 29 years and now I speak for him.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,277,204 times
Quote:
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

God speaks in many different ways, an aubible voice, The Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, His Word, circumstances, and other ways. So, I am not saying that hearing an aubible voice is better than any other way that God speaks, I am interested in hearing about other people's experience who have had this type of encounter.

Also don't take this thread as a way of trying to learn how to hear God aubibly, because this can't be taught. God chooses how He wants to speak to us individually.

So, if you have not heard God speak to you aubibly, or have not received a message from God by an Angel, that does not mean that God is not speaking to you.

So, please don't take this thread as a means of over looking the other ways that God speaks, I only wanted to hear of others who had this type of experience.

1 Samuel 3:10 is my favorite verse in Scripture and this scripture always jumped out at me and I never really understood why.

But I actually had the opportunity to hear my named called as Samuels name was called. But you can read about that experience further down in the post.
I don't think I've ever heard a "voice" but just a feeling. I just know when there's a message. There's no ambiguity about it--the message is just clear as can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity