Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 06:05 AM

9,881 posts, read 9,483,141 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I have my doubts about people hearing the voice of God. Anyone who heard THE voice of God has some dramatic effect - Paul fell off his horse, Moses' hair turned white, Moses couldn't stand it because he felt so unworthy he begged God to use another speaker rather than him. I think if anyone heard THE voice of God it would be like Dorothy and Friends when they first met the Wizard of Oz, they trembled.

I think God leads and guides us, but not everyone, God wont just lead and guide someone and then let them continue a life of sin, it would ultimately lead them to Christ and salvation. Sometimes it may be basically your gut feeling coming thru that everyone has - that innate sense God put in us to steer us out of danger.

I would be careful ascribing God's voice to various random instances of life because I do not think we could stand it, it would be like coming very close to the sun, or standing very close to fire, so I would be careful of being flippant about ascribing things to God who is holy, holy, holy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 01:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
Hi, my name is David. I recently took a conference trip to Canada for for days. When I returned home to North Carolina I told my wife I was feeling a bit tired from the flight so I took a nap.Somewhere between sleep and being awake I heard a voice say "As it is in the Kingdom so shall it be in the Earth." I jumped up and there was no body else in the room nor house for that matter. My wife and children were out at the pool. I felt strongly the presence of God.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,464 times
I've heard His voice, always clear and toward my right side. It was a gradual process whereby my questions were answered through various media and preachers. Then became audible as I drew nearer to Him by enthusiastically spending anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours a day in His word, learning. Then it happened, when in deep thought about His word I would contemplate, he would clarify with a short sentence. His voice was calm, clear, matter-of-fact-ly. It happened a few times and I never thought anything of it because I was entrenched in learning about Him. Once He laughed at something I was thinking. I also received a name coming in from my right peripheral vision, like a star-wars intro, from Heaven spelling out my daughter's teacher's name while I was driving home and doing my intercessory prayers. I prayed for her for at least 20 min and did visit her the next day, she mentioned the time that things started being better, that was the exact time I had concluded my fervent prayer for her.

One last voice came to me on my Left directly, loudly like they were inside my ear. Left ear mind you, it said "He will forgive you." as I was thinking about a sinful thing I pondered on doing, and I failed the test because now after years I have suspected that Satan was tempting me to test my faith. How can I bounce back after that.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:10 PM

9,881 posts, read 9,483,141 times
Yes the Lord leads those that are His, and we are promised that, but we are not promised an audible voice.

I'm not you so i cannot say what anyone else is hearing or not hearing, but He does lead us in a way where we know His will. and even if we dont quite know the total reasoning behind how He leads us each day, if we are attuned to His leading, we may walk in the dark, but He will be there to guide us thru it.

I am careful though, what that leading is telling me, that it aligns with Scripture and does not encourage us to do something that is not the will of God that we can plainly see by reading the Scriptures. In other words, that "voice" or whatever will never go against the Bible, as one clue to help know whether it be of God or not.

also i do not feel bad that i dont hear an audible voice, because all we need to know is laid out in the bible, so that is good if that is all the way God speaks to you and me, not to feel left out.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,407 times
Default A voice called me when I was 16.

When I was 16 I had become a reborn christian and as my seventeenth birthday approached my desire to know God and please him increased dramatically. One night, I was listening to music and sorting papers in my room, and thinking about how valuable a relationship with God was important for an artist/painter. I looked over to my Bible, and heard a voice (whether it was my thoughts or a gift) say "you know, the Bible is the most important tool you have" this thought hit me like a bullet, it was an awakening that scared me but felt amazing. Then, immediately after I heard a voice call my name. It scared me a lot. It was a nice voice that just simply said my name, my music was loud but I heard the voice clearly. The first thing I did, was call my mom. But I felt so stupid because I knew that it wasn't my mom. I was fighting my own demons and trying to devote myself to God, so I believe a voice, maybe God or a guardian angel, called my name to comfort me after this realization.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,373 times
Default Heard a voice say "Mathew 4:19"

First, thank you for posting on this subject. I was searching all over Google to see if anyone else has heard the voice of God. Here is my story: I was going through the most difficult period of my life. It started with a horrible New Year's resolution from my wife stating "I am through with our marriage, you failed." This came after 19 years of marriage three kids and no specific event (fight, infidelity etc...) I finally moved out of my family home after months of hostility. The next three years were hell on earth. My ex and me continued to act as a couple as I hoped and prayed that we could salvage our marriage as we were only separated. Then things got strange and one day as I went by to see my kids my teenage daughter said I can't come there anymore. Then one day I see a coworker (I worked with my ex) driving near my old house. I thought "that is strange, what is he doing in my neighborhood?" soon after that I went to check my email but I open my wife's email because she forgot to log out and I was shocked to death to read she was having sex with our mutual coworker. That started a binge of drinking, pain medication and gambling at 45 years old. Within 2 years I was completely broke and lost everything from my car,my apartment, my license, credit ruined, legal trouble, IRS problems, and I was being sued by several friends who were in an investment pool that I was in charge of that lost a bunch of money. I go to rehab and end up living in this 10 by 10 room right nest to the airport and I am scanning files for $5 a piece at my old firm. Nobody wanted anything to do with me from my family to clients and friends (ex wouldn't let me see kids.) I was extremely depressed and several therapists were concerned that I was suicidal. Life seemed absolutely hopeless, pointless and beyond repair. I felt abandoned by everyone including God, sleep was virtually impossible. Then one night as I was tossing and turning during this living nightmare a voice said to me "Mathew 4:19." Now I am no bible thumper (raised Catholic but never practiced in my adult life) but I knew enough to know that this Matthew 4:19 was most certainly in the book of Mathew and it was scripture. I wrote the the scripture down on a piece of paper near my bed so I wouldn't forget in the morning. I wake up the next morning into the living nightmare my life had become (I used to dread the first light of dawn because it meant another day of the living hell my existence was) and I see the scripture I wrote the night before. It is really interesting because I had no direction at that point because I had lost everything anyway and I felt like I was so far behind in the score of this game that catching up was impossible so I had no idea what I was going to do from then on. But the voice told me, " Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."

That was three years ago. I have sobered up and God has restored peace, love, gratitude and serenity into my life. I am still praying for more guidance but I am sure that these last three years were about restoration and God will use me when God is ready, patience is another virtue I have learned because as soon as the depression lifted my ego wanted to back to the old life get a better wife, better car, more money, show all of my friends and family that I am not a loser. But the almighty has slowed me down to show me that I can't put my heart and soul into the world, it will always let leave you empty.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:50 AM

8 posts, read 8,244 times
Default Having heard His Voice

I shall respond to this question; here, has heard the voice of God?
I say onto all that I have heard His voice, and I have followed His command.
It was such a beautiful and warming voice that told me to act. Thus I started my journey into a new beginning with love and respect in my heart, my hand out reached to my friend.
Surely,some may doubt He is alive. I am proof that he spook. For I heard His voice as sure as the sun rises and shines, and will always set. With no one in my presence,or at my side,He spoke and said onto me,"and this is who ye shall marry".
With the utmost of light before me it shine upon this woman, a co-worker. I had never looked at her other than who she was and what we we to do upon this earth but work. Yes, being sober, under no influence of any kind, I did hear the voice of God and for the past 17 1/2 years I have always proclaimed what was said. And no man can force me to change what I say! Yes,He does come and you can hear His voice.
I was but a labor worker, good with my hands, paid well and given a place to live. But that day the light of the sun shined so brightly thru the glass and no man was near me that so comforting and warm a voice I heard and none other but His. From a baptist I am, but did not practice I only led a life of survival,no hope of love again. I moved to hide my wrong doings, my shame, my punishment. I wanted a new start in my later years and God gave me the choice to take.
So here I am,Heard His voice,ask me questions and I will respond. I will no longer hide. I heard God speak and will never deny Him.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,319 times
Default Audible Voice

I heard HIM saying a very short word YES. When I was praying asking HIM if I will be getting married to my BF. After more than 15 years of our marriage and I was struggling, the Holy Spirit has revealed to me to LOVE my husband more. I know it was not an audible but the Holy spirit, but the word YES before we got married was an really an audible voice.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:07 PM

529 posts, read 891,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heard His Voice View Post
I shall respond to this question; here, has heard the voice of God?
I say onto all that I have heard His voice, and I have followed His command.
It was such a beautiful and warming voice that told me to act. Thus I started my journey into a new beginning with love and respect in my heart, my hand out reached to my friend.
Surely,some may doubt He is alive. I am proof that he spook. For I heard His voice as sure as the sun rises and shines, and will always set. With no one in my presence,or at my side,He spoke and said onto me,"and this is who ye shall marry".
With the utmost of light before me it shine upon this woman, a co-worker. I had never looked at her other than who she was and what we we to do upon this earth but work. Yes, being sober, under no influence of any kind, I did hear the voice of God and for the past 17 1/2 years I have always proclaimed what was said. And no man can force me to change what I say! Yes,He does come and you can hear His voice.
I was but a labor worker, good with my hands, paid well and given a place to live. But that day the light of the sun shined so brightly thru the glass and no man was near me that so comforting and warm a voice I heard and none other but His. From a baptist I am, but did not practice I only led a life of survival,no hope of love again. I moved to hide my wrong doings, my shame, my punishment. I wanted a new start in my later years and God gave me the choice to take.
So here I am,Heard His voice,ask me questions and I will respond. I will no longer hide. I heard God speak and will never deny Him.
Did you marry her?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 AM

8 posts, read 8,244 times
Yes I did marry her. Our marriage is going on 17 years now. I am sorry in the eay I wrot the responce, sounding like I was a preacher, but I get filled with this enthusiasm talking about what happened. I am just a common man that heard an auditory voice with no one around me. I did maintenence at several hotels and was checking the paperwork for the day. I heard a male voice, warm and inviting, which said,"and this is who ye shall marry".
Like I have said, no heard it except me. I was stunned! I looked around then this brillant amount of light came into the lobby an shined onto her, her brown eyes sort of got brighter, so beautiful they were.
I have been telling these facts for more than 17 years, never deviating.
Yes, God maybe. Jesus, maybe. Something holy, as the Holy Spirit, yes.
I am not the perfect man. Not the perfect Christian. I am however, the man that heard Him. I will never doubt the existence of the Trinity. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.
I hope and pray that He speaks again to all mankind in these troubling days. I personally can't wait to hear my next command from Him, or direction to take.
Thank you for allowing me to speak about this again. Hope he helps you also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity