Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
If god wants to be known why does he limit his voice only to those who believe?
To receive the word from another person is second-hand. In our day god did not appoint teachers of his word, these people have appointed themselves to be teachers of his word.
What could be more convincing than god speaking audibly to those who doubt?
Well, I don't actually believe that he only speaks to believers, but I do think that believers that have a relationship with God, He will do things for that person that he probably would not do for someone else. I believe that it could be an unbeliever, or of another faith, if God wants to say something to them, he will. God might speak to someone who does not believe in Him, to convince them that he is real. I read a story of a muslim who was on his death bed dieing, and he saw Christ at the foot of his bed . So, now the guy is a Preacher and a Child of God and now believes in Christ. So, there are no limits to who God wants to speak to. I just believe that God's children have a personal relationship with him, and he will do special things for them. Not because they are better, but because he loves them. Kinda like a mother and her child. She will do special and certain things for her child, that she might not do for her friends. She loves them, but her child has her heart and see just wants to do special things for them. God love everyone, but he loves when people who are called by his name, just love him for who he is, and He will respond to you.
If God speaks to an unbeliever, it is for a reason and that reason could be to bring them out of darkness and to bring them into a relationship with Himself. So, there is no limit to what God can say or do in anyone's life. I hope that God speaks to you and you know that it is God. God bless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Red face Communication

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
TWIO . . . clearly you are a true spiritual sensitive. I'm not sure about these experts in the spiritual realm you refer to . . . but you have correctly described how God communicates with us. The "voices" tend to be our minds interpretation of information not available to our conscious mind and are therefore not very reliable. (If it leads you to Jesus and if it exhorts you to do what Jesus would do . . . it is probably safe enough.) That is only true concerning audible speech, TWIO . . . we can receive information and inspiration from God in other ways . . . in fact, that is HOW the holy spirit guides us in Christ by influencing our thoughts. [/font]
I also thank you as well; I tried to have a clear mind and good thoughts,
always double-checking myself, reevaluating everything,always looking for details that I am mighty miss. Thank you.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Bluefly, you are experiencing demons. Nothing more. When you consult "spirits" you are consulting demons. If you are not saved and have not committed your life to Jesus Christ as your Savior then you are running with the devil and his demons. They have convinced you that they are good but they are evil. You've been had.
If you hear voices, you call it the holy spirit. If someone else does, you call it demons.

Interesting.

If I am interacting with demons, then these demons certainly know how to build a peaceful, loving society. I'm still waiting for that from your beliefs. All I see is "agree with me or perish". That's how war and bigotry start. That's what'd I'd call a demon.

Please don't judge experiences different from your own that you don't begin to understand.

God bless. All is One.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:14 PM

140 posts, read 204,969 times
If you ever hear any audible voice from God, be sure to check in with a psychiatrist.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
If you ever hear any audible voice from God, be sure to check in with a psychiatrist.
I want comment on that, but I quess you have not had a wonderful experience with God. Sorry to hear that, because it is an amazing and wonderful thing, to have the Creator of the Universe to take His time and respond to His Children. Sorry, that you have not had that experience.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
If you hear voices, you call it the holy spirit. If someone else does, you call it demons.

Interesting.

If I am interacting with demons, then these demons certainly know how to build a peaceful, loving society. I'm still waiting for that from your beliefs. All I see is "agree with me or perish". That's how war and bigotry start. That's what'd I'd call a demon.

Please don't judge experiences different from your own that you don't begin to understand.

God bless. All is One.
I'm not really sure, but I think that maybe the person that made the comment that you was hearing from demons may be thinking about it from a spiritual since. I've learned that mediums and psychic and psychic boards have demonic attachments with them. As I read my bible God is specific when he says that we are not to communicate with this type of communication. I am not attacking you for what you did, I think that is the reason that the person made the comment that they did. I believe that their are some things that as believers, that God tells us to stay away from. To be honest I'm not really sure what type of experience that you had, but I'm glad that you shared your experience on this post, and I hope that people want attack or make bad comments on what you wrote. I would not use psychic boards to communicate with My Father, but I certainly want attack someone who does. But I would encourage them to not use them. Once again I thank you for sharing you experience. God Bless and take care.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:02 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sure god, talk to me!
If you're truly open to Him, He will. Or rather, He is speaking, and if you wish to seek His voice, you will hear.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
For those that atually think they are getting messages from God, or hearing his voice consider these stories. There are dozens more like them....If you hear God whispering in your ear, I urge you to seek professional help!

A Texas woman who stoned two of her children to death and seriously injured a third on Mother's Day last year told psychiatrists she was driven to kill by a message from God and that she was sure they would rise again from the dead.

God told me to kill boys, says mother - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/god-told-me-to-kill-boys-says-mother-558706.html - broken link)

A college student who confessed to shooting his parents and then breaking a chain saw trying to cut up their bodies said, "God told me to"

God Told Him to Kill Parents

PLANO, Texas — With a calm and dispassionate voice and a hymn playing in the background, Dena Schlosser (search) confessed to the unthinkable, telling a 911 operator she'd cut off the arms of her baby girl.

According to Blair Donnelly; God told him to kill his daughter!!

Donnelly: God told me to kill

A Cypress man charged in the death of a Southwest Airlines flight attendant said Saturday that he was doing God's work when he went to a Montrose-area bar last month, hunting for a gay man to kill.

Dispatches from the Culture Wars: God Told Me To Kill Gays

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
For those that atually think they are getting messages from God, or hearing his voice consider these stories. There are dozens more like them....If you hear God whispering in your ear, I urge you to seek professional help!

A Texas woman who stoned two of her children to death and seriously injured a third on Mother's Day last year told psychiatrists she was driven to kill by a message from God and that she was sure they would rise again from the dead.

God told me to kill boys, says mother - Americas, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/god-told-me-to-kill-boys-says-mother-558706.html - broken link)

A college student who confessed to shooting his parents and then breaking a chain saw trying to cut up their bodies said, "God told me to"

God Told Him to Kill Parents

PLANO, Texas — With a calm and dispassionate voice and a hymn playing in the background, Dena Schlosser (search) confessed to the unthinkable, telling a 911 operator she'd cut off the arms of her baby girl.

According to Blair Donnelly; God told him to kill his daughter!!

Donnelly: God told me to kill

A Cypress man charged in the death of a Southwest Airlines flight attendant said Saturday that he was doing God's work when he went to a Montrose-area bar last month, hunting for a gay man to kill.

Dispatches from the Culture Wars: God Told Me To Kill Gays
Obviously, those people were not hearing from God. The ones that actually do hear from God very seldom make headlines, and certainly need no help from some "professional"...

Bud

Old 02-04-2009, 09:14 AM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Obviously, those people were not hearing from God. The ones that actually do hear from God very seldom make headlines, and certainly need no help from some "professional"...

Bud
True! God will never tell anyone to do something that contradicts His Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity