Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 05:26 AM

83 posts, read 67,196 times

Advertisements

bjc25,
If the noise was not coming for God, then who was it coming from? I understand Satan can get in our mind and cause us to sin, could it be him? I wonder in the law of attraction can we draw sin to us? Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 05:49 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,485,216 times
I have.

Mahrie.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:01 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,221,727 times
yes; big help in very difficult situations

Old 09-10-2015, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,113 times
I heard the voice of God too. I was about 4 months pregnant with my 6 year old then. I had lost a baby before this pregnancy. And I prayed one night and ask God to give me a name for my baby. Because I couldn't use the same name that I was going to name the baby I lost. It just didn't feel right to me. I fell asleep that night praying. And when I had first opened my eyes the next morning I heard a really stern voice say: Rebecca... Rebecca. I told my now husband we were going to have a girl and we're going to name her Rebecca. That God had given me her name. Of course, he didn't believe me. To tell u the truth he might of thought I was nuts at the time. Lol. On my 7 month sonogram, we went to find out my baby's gender. My husband kept saying it was going to be a boy. WRONG!! It was a girl. Today, I am so honored to know that my Lord had named my baby girl! God is so good!

Old 10-11-2015, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,056 times
Default No small voice here

It was in August of 1987. I was living a life apart from God. I grew up in a Christian home and always considered myself a believer, however in my early twenties I was not living the Christina life. I was a musician and had a roommate who was also a musician. One day, after spending time with his family, he came back and said that he was going to rededicate his life to the Lord. I told him that I would do the same but I was doing it for the wrong reason. I was only doing it because I didn't want him to stumble because of me.

One day our neighbor came over and wanted to know if we wanted to come over to his place and smoke a little weed (that was our weakness). My roommate said no. I said that I would come over but was not going to smoke (yea, right). Once I got over there I started smoking just like everyone else, then all of a sudden I started feeling uncontrollably guilty, which was strange considering I had never felt guilty before when smoking weed. I started thinking that my roommate would probably kick me out when he discovered I was smoking again. I won't waste time by explaining all the guilty feelings that I was experiencing. Then, while everyone was partying around me, I started praying silently to God. I told him, "why are you making me feel guilty?" Is this why there are so many unhappy Christians in the world...because you make them feel this way when they have done wrong?" "I don't want to feel this way. If I'm going to be a Christian then I want to be the real thing."

All of a sudden i felt a "wave" of the spirit come all over me. It was almost like an out of body experience and at that very moment something said "You're creator is getting ready to speak." And then in a very clear and audible voice the Lord said, "It's okay that you have done this, but now you KNOW that I never want you to do this again." That's it, but what a powerful "it" it was. The voice was speaking to ME, not my body. It was if my body was a spectator while all this was going on. When the Lord finished speaking to me I looked on the floor and saw the bag of weed. I pointed to it and told everyone in the room that it was wrong...as if the blinders had come off my eyes for the first time. I told everyone in the room the experience that I just had with the Lord and when I left they were all crying. Incredible!

For the next two weeks, from the time I got up to the time I went to bed that "Wave" was with me all the time.

There's more to this in the weeks that followed but I won't waste your time. I've never heard that audible voice since then but it was incredible. It completely turned my life around. He's real.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Yes I have heard the audible voice of God. I had just gotten home from church, sitting in the living room while my husband was sleeping in the room. I was thinking of my daughter whom was living with her father as we were divorced. He had taken her from me in a sneaky way and didn't even want her, he only wanted to hurt me and in the mean time he was hurting her. As I set there thinking of her I clearly heard God say I will give her to you if you will go back to court. Looking back on the situation I sure wish I had listened to the voice. I know it was real and I never truly doubted it at all. I just kept thinking to myself, really, could this be happening. I was so scared because of what her dad had already put me thru I did not go back to court. I kick myself in the behind for that all the time because I am sure that was God!!!

Old 11-12-2015, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 982 times
Hi. One day in a church, I heard angels singing. I could hardly notice that it was them who were singing during the time of worship because it was too noisy. But the same day, after completing my reading of the WORD of God, the glory of God filled my room and I heard angels singing once again. It was so peaceful, wonderful and glorious and the presence of the Lord was very real. The Lord told me that they came only for me.
I heard the chorus of heaven, heavenly harp and trumpets. It was pure and so beautiful that no men could ever describe.

Likewise, one day I was in Uni and it was about 4 a.m. I was reading my bible when all of a sudden, a weird sound like trumpet started outside. It was so loud and was so powerful. I was filled with amazement again. This was the same sound that I have heard on youtube for heavenly trumpets. It was so pure and the Lord gave me the grace to listen it.

For the ability to hear God, I hear God as audibly as I can hear my friend talking to me. I speak to Him so often for He is my Beloved.

For angels, I use to speak to angels especially the archangels Michael and Gabriel. The first time I really heard an angel talking to me when was I was in bed. I use to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and Jesus but this time, another person was talking to me in my mind. I knew that it was not the Holy Spirit neither Jesus and that person said that the Father has sent him to protect me. It was so weird to speak to him.

The same way now I can speak to the Archangel Gabriel or to any angels when I want It was so perfect. Finally the Father came and started to speak to me too. I am so blessed

Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Anyone hearing audible voices, they attribute to a deity or angels etc, needs to seek medical help as it could be the sign of a mental illness.

Last edited by bluecheese; 11-12-2015 at 03:34 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 03:16 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
when my kids sings. I could listen to it all day.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
when my kids sings. I could listen to it all day.
I am weird I have never enjoyed music! My late father, sisters, and three daughters have excellent singing voices though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity