Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, their are people who are delusional, yes their are people who walk around talking to themselves, yes their are people who talk and hear from satan, yes their are people who hear from God, yes their are people who walk around in darkness, yes, so what is your point? I'm really tired of going around in circles. I started this thread to read about peoples experience, not to go back and forth with people who don't believe in God, their is another post for that. If I wanted to read that I would have started a thread, but I didn't but for some reason they still came with their negative garbage. I'm just talking in genearal to all the post that were made on here. If people want to ask questions that are off topic pertaining to God, start a thread. To me if seems that people on here who don't believe in spiritual things, purposely troll around in post that they have no idea in what they are talking about. It's kind of sicking and a bit immature. Oh and zonababe I hope that I answered you question, I'm just tired of certain people on here and their negatve crap. I respect others, even non-believers they are still people and deserve to be respected. To be honest I don't care if a person worships a rock, I will still respect that person. People need to learn that everyone believes in something different. It just seems pointless to me when someone post an answer or a question, when they really don't understand or know the question.
Perhaps the next time you start a thread you should put a qualifier regarding replies...Like " Do not reply if you do not agree with me"

In your arrogance you classify people who don't hold to your views as ignorant, trolls, their views as garbage, immature and negative crap.

I'll make it a point not to respond to your threads in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps the next time you start a thread you should put a qualifier regarding replies...Like " Do not reply if you do not agree with me"

In your arrogance you classify people who don't hold to your views as ignorant, trolls, their views as garbage, immature and negative crap.

I don't have a problem with people not agreeing with me it is the way they go about it. I don't agree with you, but I disagree in away that is respectable to you. Just like in the other post for some reason you jumped to conclusions and ran completely in the opposite direction. Then after you found out what I was talking about you corrected yourself, because you knew that you was wrong, because you did not know what you was talking about. And in one particular post I just wanted to hear the experiences from others who had the experience, not from the people who had know idea what I was talking about, or the trouble makers. That's like me purposely posting in a forum of Athiest and calling them crazy and telling them that they are going to hell. What they do has nothing to do with me, and that is their business. But if I wanted to comment on their post I would try to do it with out trying to disrespect them, but their are people on here who are thoughtless. You seem to have a problem with people who don't agree with you, because for some reason you came and posted comments as if you were trying convince others of faith of what you believe. Then after you saw that was not going to happen, you finally said that you gave up. That to me is pointless. Pointless is purposely posting in a thread that you know nothing about and then posting comments that are totally in the clouds.. Once again that would be like me going into a particular topic of, let's just say Muslims. I don't know anything about their faith, or how they worship god. But then I purposely go into their thread and comment certain comments to them, when I don't even know what or who they are talking about. If I wanted to communicate with them or had questions, which I do, I would ask them on their beliefs, but I would still respect their faith. That is all that I am saying. People can agree to disagree. It's negative if I go and comment to people of other different faiths and comment things that I have know clue on, and then call them delusional. How can I call them delusional if I never knew what they were talking about. I call that being judgemental.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 02-06-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 02-06-2009, 05:00 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,165 times
Default God's Warning Voice...

I have a friend who was driving on a road through some mountains on a warm summers day, with his window rolled down. All at once, a loud audible voice said "roll up your window...NOW!" So he did. Seconds later, a good-sized boulder came flying off the mountain and smashed the window, destroying it, but did not come through or harm my friend...

Bud

Old 02-06-2009, 05:19 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I have a friend who was driving on a road through some mountains on a warm summers day, with his window rolled down. All at once, a loud audible voice said "roll up your window...NOW!" So he did. Seconds later, a good-sized boulder came flying off the mountain and smashed the window, destroying it, but did not come through or harm my friend...

Bud
That's amazing and I'm glad your friend did not get hurt.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

You said it all. The thing that amazes was the way the Christians said they would treat a Jehovah's Witness should one come to their door. Yet the Christians think everyone should listen to them. What a myopic religion.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:47 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,676 times
I'm almost 60 and have only heard God once. I was in my 20's and on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ. I was in CA and my brother who had a drinking problem was back near my parents in OH. My mom was so upset that my dad asked me to come home for awhile.
I went out to visit my brother who was living in a house in the woods. When I went in the place was full of empty wine bottles. He was also bi-polar and off his meds. He asked me to come into the other room and on the floor we Taroh (don't know how to spell that). He said he wanted me to look at them with him. I heard a voice just say, FLEE.
I read some of the other posts about if the voice was male or female. I guess I never thought about that but the voice was a male. I turned around and the voice just said, FLEE
My brother was a black belt in karate and did flying kicks to the back of my head. I could feel my hair move. The voice said, DON'T TURN AROUND, JUST FLEE, which is what I did. I walked out got in my car and drove away. I was shaking all the way home to think how close my brother came to kicking the back of my head. I've never had an experience like that again.
About ten years later my brother gave his life to Christ and six months after that had a stoke and died. I have hope now I will see him in Heaven. He had a sweet heart in there and he and I had a great relationship when we were growing up.
Who knows if that was God or an Angel, I guess I will find out in Heaven. Does it really matter? I just know that God protected me that day....and I was thankful.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
My brother was a black belt in karate and did flying kicks to the back of my head. I could feel my hair move. The voice said, DON'T TURN AROUND, JUST FLEE, which is what I did. I walked out got in my car and drove away. I was shaking all the way home to think how close my brother came to kicking the back of my head. I've never had an experience like that again.
I'd say that if your brother was a black belt in karate, he didn't intend to kick you in the head, because if he did...he would have. And that it was his voice telling you to flee. Sibling messing around with another sibling, happens all the time.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:05 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
I'd say that if your brother was a black belt in karate, he didn't intend to kick you in the head, because if he did...he would have. And that it was his voice telling you to flee. Sibling messing around with another sibling, happens all the time.
It doesn't seem like that sort of situation.
Tarot cards and an unsaved out-of-control bi-polar blackbelt - is not a good combination.

God does communicate - even on a moment by moment basis.
Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:09 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,676 times
NO WAY !!!!!!!!...zugzud...the first time I heard the voice my brother was right there facing me....there was an unbelievable feeling along with it. It was like I was in the room with evil.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,059 times
Tarot cards aren't evil. They aren't anything but bits of paper with artwork on them, and they have no power to tell the future, past, or present any more than a stack of Post-It Notes does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity