Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madski11z View Post
Yes, I have heard His Voice a few times.

First time I heard His voice when I was about to end it all. I heard Him say "Why are you going through all this? Come to Me. Come to Me."

I talked back to Him, told Him I grew up in church, and He responded, "Yes, but do you know ME?"

The next time was a few years later and He said "I want you. I need you."

I woke up and looked around. At the time I was thinking about applying for summer missions.

The next time, after I was on the mission field, I heard the same voice say this: "I want you. I need you."

That time, I was called to preach.

I wouldn't mind hearing Him all the time - audibly. I am cool hearing Him audibly when He does choose to talk to me.
I think it is an amazing thing to hear God voice. I also heard Him this way and looked around and nothing. I wish I could hear Him all the time like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,437 times
yes--ask anyone that's hada near death experience!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
yes--ask anyone that's hada near death experience!
But there are some that have not heard God's voice, even in a near death experience.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
But there are some that have not heard God's voice, even in a near death experience.
Perhaps that should be taken as a sign.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Perhaps that should be taken as a sign.
wrong, God speaks in many ways. God is speaking all the time, just because someone is not listening does not mean He does not have a voice.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,543 times
How do you know it is God?

I have had mystical experiences too in which disincarnate consciousnesses seemed to be communicating with me. But I never said "This must be God".

What makes you sure that it is in fact, God?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:34 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,058 times
This is called schizophrenia.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
This is called schizophrenia.
So are you saying that every Christian who claims to have a personal relationship with God, and speak with God, is schizophrenic?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
How do you know it is God?

I have had mystical experiences too in which disincarnate consciousnesses seemed to be communicating with me. But I never said "This must be God".

What makes you sure that it is in fact, God?
How do you know that it is not? There are many voices, but only one belongs to God. If you don't have a relationship with God, then there is really no use in me explaining. There are somethings you shouldn't waste your time explaining to someone who does not believe.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 04-09-2009 at 12:16 AM..

Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
How do you know that it is not? There are many voices, but only one belongs to God. If you don't have a relationship with God, then there is really no use in me explaining. There are somethings you shouldn't waste your time explaining to someone who does not believe.
I do have a relationship with God. It is a bit condescening and ignorant of you to assume that I do not. Simply because I am not in total agreement to Christian doctine. I feel like my relationship with God is simply more complex and ethereal than most people on this forum say theirs is.

There is diversity out there in religious beliefs. Why do you hate on it? Why not just show some love for all the different beautiful religions in this world, like Jesus would have done?

Is there any LOVE in Christianity these days? It seems like it is centered around domination and self-rightousness in many places.

People of any religion CAN have a relationship with God. If you can't accept this. I would call that pure bigotry and superiority complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity