Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 10:30 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
God never speaks to Tony. Not even a whisper. Something's seriously wrong
This is just my opinion.. God probably have already spoke to you and you just didn't discern Him speaking. I use to say all the time, God is not speaking to me, what is wrong?

Then I found out, that God was speaking to me and I just didn't discern His voice. We often wait to hear this big thunder to roar out of the sky or into your ears. When that small prompting in our spirit simply told us to speak to someone, or smile to a person walking by, be more kinder than we are, give more of our self, give someone on the side of the street the last two dollars in our pocket, a sweet melody in our spirit, a prompting to not get made at the person that just cut us off while driving, a small voice that corrects us when we do wrong,. That is God's voice.

I have an uncle that is the meanest person in the world, if you ask me. Well, not that mean, but you get the point. I would rather not have to deal with him that much. But one day, I heard this still small voice, tell me to turn around and go and see my uncle. Now, was that me talking to myself in my head, well of course not, because I never would tell me to do that? I would have just kept driving. But God wanted me to go and speak and see my uncle. See, God's voice didn't come with a bang, simply a voice telling me to turn around.

I got my belly button pierced. God told me to take it out. Now,would I tell me to take it out, if I just got it done? Well, of course not. At first I didn't want to, but I did. I know it was God, because I wanted to keep it, but the voice I was hearing was telling me to do something I didn't want to do, and it was God. Also, the Holy Spirit would agitate me about the ring in my belly button. I wanted it, but just didn't know why I felt so uncomfortable about having it. It is because He didn't want me to have it. So, I finally broke down and took it out.

I use to get mad because I thought God wasn't speaking to me. God was silent at first because I wasn't doing what He told me to do. You might laugh or even make fun, but it doesn't matter to me to anymore.

When I finally realized that God was speaking to me, I was so happy that God didn't forget about me. I just didn't pay any attention to the small small. I was looking for a voice out of the sky (LOL) and God was there all along guiding me. I just didn't realize it.

God's voice comes with peace, correction, love and so many more. If you really want to hear God's voice, spend time with Him. If you are not hearing God, it is something you are not doing or should do. God never lies and He is the one that says My Sheep Hear My Voice. You are not a sheep, God is talking about His Children.

Ask youself this, how much time do I spend with God, how much time do I read the bible, how much time do I wait to hear from God, how much time do I worship God, who is God to me, do I even believe that God speaks, how often do I talk to God and many more. If you can answers these types of questions seriously, then you will know why you are not hearing God or discerning when He says something to you.

I can't guide you in what you believe, because we believe in something different, and I don't believe some things that you believe in, when it concerns to being Catholic. I am only sharing my experience with God from my Christian walk. I am still learning and expressing how I have come to know God as I know Him right now.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 04-12-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????/
Pointless

Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,007 times
I have not heard it audibly but my brother did. He was in basic training in the marines when he heard a voice tell him "drop your swore and pick up your sheild and follow me." he drop to the ground shaking in front of other marines - saying he is real - a few times. They asked him who is real and he replied "didn't you here that voice." and they all stated all we heard was thunder.

Last edited by bigbail; 04-20-2010 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: ask to asked

Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbail View Post
I have not heard it audibly but my brother did. He was in basic training in the marines when he heard a voice tell him "drop your swore and pick up your sheild and follow me." he drop to the ground shaking in front of other marines - saying he is real - a few times. They asked him who is real and he replied "didn't you here that voice." and they all stated all we heard was thunder.
Wow, that is an amazing story. Is your brother still following after the Lord? If you read in the bible there is a similar story like this.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 AM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

God speaks in many different ways, an aubible voice, The Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, His Word, circumstances, and other ways. So, I am not saying that hearing an aubible voice is better than any other way that God speaks, I am interested in hearing about other people's experience who have had this type of encounter.

Also don't take this thread as a way of trying to learn how to hear God aubibly, because this can't be taught. God chooses how He wants to speak to us individually.

So, if you have not heard God speak to you aubibly, or have not received a message from God by an Angel, that does not mean that God is not speaking to you.

So, please don't take this thread as a means of over looking the other ways that God speaks, I only wanted to hear of others who had this type of experience.

1 Samuel 3:10 is my favorite verse in Scripture and this scripture always jumped out at me and I never really understood why.

But I actually had the opportunity to hear my named called as Samuels name was called. But you can read about that experience further down in the post.

Hello Miss Shawn,

I actually just had an experience last night when I was about to do something I knew I would regret!! When I heard: "You cannot serve 2 masters". Was this the voice of God?? I believe so. And oh how I have waited for the day he would speak to me. I never thought it would ever happen. But I promise you that I have become a changed man overnight!!!! All praise be to GOD!!! I thank only Him for my sudden transormation!!! I will NEVER go back!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 04-30-2010, 01:35 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I haven't heard an audible voice and God "speaks" to me often, but I had an experience unlike any other a few years ago. I was in college and just finished eating dinner. I was heading back to my last class for the day. I walked past a homeless person and I purposely tried to not make eye contact with him. He didn't ask me for anything. I kept walking and about 30-45 seconds later God said to me, "Turn around and feed him." I said, "No, God. I don't want to." I really just wanted to get to class and ignore that man. God said again, "Turn around and feed him." I KNEW it was the Lord speaking to me and I listened. I went and bought him dinner. As I walked up to the man I said, "Here, I bought this for you." I've never seen someone act so surprised and appreciative of anything in my entire life. He kept thanking me over and over again. I told him, "God loves you" and the man said, "Yes, thank you!" As I walked away, I started crying with huge tears rolling down my face. They were tears of joy because I felt honored that the Lord gave me that opportunity to serve Him. I also was crying because I've never had God speak to me so clearly before and it was AMAZING. It wasn't audible, but I had and have no doubt that it was the Lord speaking to me. I continued going to that college for another year or two and I never saw him again. Who knows...maybe he was an angel in disguise?
That was no angel, that was me. I still remember it. I was homeless at the time. Plus, you bought me a lousy happy meal AND it was missing the toy. I ran after you but couldn't catch up.
Didn't you hear God's voice telling you to go back to me a 2nd time? I was pretty upset about it.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hello Miss Shawn,

I actually just had an experience last night when I was about to do something I knew I would regret!! When I heard: "You cannot serve 2 masters". Was this the voice of God?? I believe so. And oh how I have waited for the day he would speak to me. I never thought it would ever happen. But I promise you that I have become a changed man overnight!!!! All praise be to GOD!!! I thank only Him for my sudden transormation!!! I will NEVER go back!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Well, this is just my opinion. It sounds like it was God speaking to you, because satan would never ask you such a question that would turn you toward the Lord. When you have such experiences as you turn toward the Lord and want to serve Him, then trust that it was God. If something else happens that turns you away from the Lord or you don't feel the presence of God then test the Spirit that could be behind what you are experiencing.

I'm happy that you got to hear the Lord in such a way that changed your life. Thank you for sharing your experience. Have a nice day.

It is such a wonderful thing when we experience our Father in such a way.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 PM

723 posts, read 1,045,667 times
Quote:
Well, this is just my opinion. It sounds like it was God speaking to you, because satan would never ask you such a question that would turn you toward the Lord. When you have such experiences as you turn toward the Lord and want to serve Him, then trust that it was God. If something else happens that turns you away from the Lord or you don't feel the presence of God then test the Spirit that could be behind what you are experiencing.

I'm happy that you got to hear the Lord in such a way that changed your life. Thank you for sharing your experience. Have a nice day.

It is such a wonderful thing when we experience our Father in such a way.
Thank you Miss Shawn!!

I am in a much better place in my life than ever!!! And of course ALL praise goes to the Lord!! And yes, you are 100% right!! Every spirit must be tested. Including my own. But I am more than absolutely positive that God has finally spoken to me!! And I must say it was very much well worth every second I waited for it!! Oh how I wish He would speak to me daily!!
But I will honestly settle for hearing Him only the one time. But the experience, I will never forget!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
DALE

Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Thank you Miss Shawn!!

I am in a much better place in my life than ever!!! And of course ALL praise goes to the Lord!! And yes, you are 100% right!! Every spirit must be tested. Including my own. But I am more than absolutely positive that God has finally spoken to me!! And I must say it was very much well worth every second I waited for it!! Oh how I wish He would speak to me daily!!
But I will honestly settle for hearing Him only the one time. But the experience, I will never forget!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
DALE
Well, I am happy for you. You don't have to settle for God to only speak to you once. He speaks to us in our spirit, but there are times when God will speaks to those in amazing ways, may that be audible or not. But we have His Spirit to guide and teach us daily. Once again thank you for sharing your experience. Have a nice day.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
This is just my opinion.. God probably have already spoke to you and you just didn't discern Him speaking. I use to say all the time, God is not speaking to me, what is wrong?

Then I found out, that God was speaking to me and I just didn't discern His voice. We often wait to hear this big thunder to roar out of the sky or into your ears. When that small prompting in our spirit simply told us to speak to someone, or smile to a person walking by, be more kinder than we are, give more of our self, give someone on the side of the street the last two dollars in our pocket, a sweet melody in our spirit, a prompting to not get made at the person that just cut us off while driving, a small voice that corrects us when we do wrong,. That is God's voice.

I have an uncle that is the meanest person in the world, if you ask me. Well, not that mean, but you get the point. I would rather not have to deal with him that much. But one day, I heard this still small voice, tell me to turn around and go and see my uncle. Now, was that me talking to myself in my head, well of course not, because I never would tell me to do that? I would have just kept driving. But God wanted me to go and speak and see my uncle. See, God's voice didn't come with a bang, simply a voice telling me to turn around.

I got my belly button pierced. God told me to take it out. Now,would I tell me to take it out, if I just got it done? Well, of course not. At first I didn't want to, but I did. I know it was God, because I wanted to keep it, but the voice I was hearing was telling me to do something I didn't want to do, and it was God. Also, the Holy Spirit would agitate me about the ring in my belly button. I wanted it, but just didn't know why I felt so uncomfortable about having it. It is because He didn't want me to have it. So, I finally broke down and took it out.

I use to get mad because I thought God wasn't speaking to me. God was silent at first because I wasn't doing what He told me to do. You might laugh or even make fun, but it doesn't matter to me to anymore.

When I finally realized that God was speaking to me, I was so happy that God didn't forget about me. I just didn't pay any attention to the small small. I was looking for a voice out of the sky (LOL) and God was there all along guiding me. I just didn't realize it.

God's voice comes with peace, correction, love and so many more. If you really want to hear God's voice, spend time with Him. If you are not hearing God, it is something you are not doing or should do. God never lies and He is the one that says My Sheep Hear My Voice. You are not a sheep, God is talking about His Children.

Ask youself this, how much time do I spend with God, how much time do I read the bible, how much time do I wait to hear from God, how much time do I worship God, who is God to me, do I even believe that God speaks, how often do I talk to God and many more. If you can answers these types of questions seriously, then you will know why you are not hearing God or discerning when He says something to you.

I can't guide you in what you believe, because we believe in something different, and I don't believe some things that you believe in, when it concerns to being Catholic. I am only sharing my experience with God from my Christian walk. I am still learning and expressing how I have come to know God as I know Him right now.
WW

Miss Shawn, I'm desperate now. If I pierce my belly button, will God try to talk to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity