Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 03:57 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,898,554 times

Advertisements

How do you know its god and not your guardian angel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,216 times
For the love of God, all Sovereign God told me was that He would take care of my oldest two children during a huge upset in our lives.

And He has.

And I am so grateful I can't begin to tell you.

And no one can tell me the Lord does not give me peace while I am praying. Or that He doesn't fill me with joy while praising. To me, that is Him speaking to me.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
How do you know its god and not your guardian angel?
They work for God and do His Will. Everything they do, they do at his instruction. Their voice is His. That's why we also don't give angels credit for things they do and why they don't want credit for it but for the glory to go to God.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Hello and greetings to you

You've asked a question about voices in dreams, from what I have learned in my experience and people that are experts in the spirit realm. There is a law, and everything went bad in this world, there was no more form of verbal communication, between spirits and man, for the simple fact because they are too many spirits in this world. When God was to give a message to individual he will not use his voice, unless certain circumstances. He will use some form of picture, or were show you words, or he will point something out to you. Depending on the individual, the only one that breaks the law of God is Satan. He will have a conversation with you; he would lead you to a stray. God does not and any of his angels, communicate verbally to anyone. It is simply because Satan breaks all the laws of God, by verbal communication to an individual. And it takes time and practice to identify what is in God and what isn't. Since everyone in this form are very spiritual, you must be cautious in what you hear. The Lord only speaks through the Scriptures or Bible verses. If you are indwell by the Spirit of God, as we read in

2 Peter 1:16-21 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, which no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This was a form of communication which of prophet was to write down the Bible, it would be the same in the future as we read the Scriptures in the Bible , the Holy Spirit! will moved by the Holy Ghost and will give us the understanding to unlock or interpret the Scriptures.

The Holy Spirit do not interfere or do not guide us what to say, all is given by inspiration, because Satan will influence you what to say. As I understand.
Hello TheWordIsOne, I enjoyed reading your post. Yes, you are right that God speaks through to us by his Word. God can also talk to us in many different ways. He can speak to us by his angels, His Word, prophets, teachers, His voice, the Holy Spirit. God can communicate with us in so many ways. Moses heard God's voice in a burning bush, Samuel heard God's voice calling out to him as he was sleeping and woke him up. God chooses to speak to each of us according to how he wants to speak to us. But I feel that the Holy Spirit is God's primary way of talking with us. The Holy Spirit speaks the Word of God, and will not contridict God's Word. A person also has to test the spirits, because not all spirit, or voices come from God.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Hello and greetings to you

You've asked a question about voices in dreams, from what I have learned in my experience and people that are experts in the spirit realm. There is a law, and everything went bad in this world, there was no more form of verbal communication, between spirits and man, for the simple fact because they are too many spirits in this world. When God was to give a message to individual he will not use his voice, unless certain circumstances. He will use some form of picture, or were show you words, or he will point something out to you.
TWIO . . . clearly you are a true spiritual sensitive. I'm not sure about these experts in the spiritual realm you refer to . . . but you have correctly described how God communicates with us.
Quote:
Depending on the individual, the only one that breaks the law of God is Satan. He will have a conversation with you; he would lead you to a stray. God does not and any of his angels, communicate verbally to anyone. It is simply because Satan breaks all the laws of God, by verbal communication to an individual. And it takes time and practice to identify what is in God and what isn't.
The "voices" tend to be our minds interpretation of information not available to our conscious mind and are therefore not very reliable. (If it leads you to Jesus and if it exhorts you to do what Jesus would do . . . it is probably safe enough.)
Quote:
Since everyone in this form are very spiritual, you must be cautious in what you hear. The Lord only speaks through the Scriptures or Bible verses.
That is only true concerning audible speech, TWIO . . . we can receive information and inspiration from God in other ways . . . in fact, that is HOW the holy spirit guides us in Christ by influencing our thoughts.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Hello TheWordIsOne, I enjoyed reading your post. Yes, you are right that God speaks through to us by his Word. God can also talk to us in many different ways. He can speak to us by his angels, His Word, prophets, teachers, His voice, the Holy Spirit. God can communicate with us in so many ways. Moses heard God's voice in a burning bush, Samuel heard God's voice calling out to him as he was sleeping and woke him up. God chooses to speak to each of us according to how he wants to speak to us. But I feel that the Holy Spirit is God's primary way of talking with us. The Holy Spirit speaks the Word of God, and will not contridict God's Word. A person also has to test the spirits, because not all spirit, or voices come from God.

Very true...about testing everything.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
If god wants to be known why does he limit his voice only to those who believe?
To receive the word from another person is second-hand. In our day god did not appoint teachers of his word, these people have appointed themselves to be teachers of his word.
What could be more convincing than god speaking audibly to those who doubt?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:25 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
If god wants to be known why does he limit his voice only to those who believe?
He doesn't. Are you open to hear His voice?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
He doesn't. Are you open to hear His voice?
Sure god, talk to me!

Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,839 times
Red face Communication

Quote:
A person also has to test the spirits, because not all spirit, or voices come from God.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for wonderful compliments, when every when I want to communicate with my spirit, I always use of thoughts of my heart, constantly what the scripture says comparing to what he show me in Scriptures, and always comparing Scriptures with Scriptures, or you may? say spiritual things with spiritual things, things that are spiritual, when I am studying the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity