U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM

3,587 posts, read 3,709,135 times

Advertisements

I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.

God speaks in many different ways, an aubible voice, The Holy Spirit, dreams, visions, His Word, circumstances, and other ways. So, I am not saying that hearing an aubible voice is better than any other way that God speaks, I am interested in hearing about other people's experience who have had this type of encounter.

Also don't take this thread as a way of trying to learn how to hear God aubibly, because this can't be taught. God chooses how He wants to speak to us individually.

So, if you have not heard God speak to you aubibly, or have not received a message from God by an Angel, that does not mean that God is not speaking to you.

So, please don't take this thread as a means of over looking the other ways that God speaks, I only wanted to hear of others who had this type of experience.

1 Samuel 3:10 is my favorite verse in Scripture and this scripture always jumped out at me and I never really understood why.

But I actually had the opportunity to hear my named called as Samuels name was called. But you can read about that experience further down in the post.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-21-2009 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 05:25 PM

50,346 posts, read 47,778,369 times
yes i have. but its not like in the movies its a still small voice. gave instructions which i immediately followed, solved lots of problems. i can say once for sure, 2 others im not sure if it was audible dont think so but could be wrong on that.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM

20,473 posts, read 8,937,639 times
I once heard a woman's voice in my head yell, "STOP" when I was about to run out from behind a blocking fence into the path of a truck backing up at a high speed. The voice was so distinct and commanding that I literally stopped in my tracks and the wheel of the truck brushed against my toes. The strange thing is that absolutely no one else was around!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 PM

3,086 posts, read 4,078,887 times
I've had experiences that were different than "normal" everyday direction of God..experiences where He has spoken directly and clearly, unmistakeably "interrupting" your train of thought. Like Huckleberry says, it's a still small voice. It's hard to explain whether it was audible or not.. I'm sure no one else heard! But it was clear and distinct enough that I remember each instance in clarity, and they stand out to this day.

Just a few examples..

~ One time I was thinking about my future wife (my wife now), feeling full of happiness and love towards God, and out of the blue He told me "Give her to me". It really took abit for me to be able to do that, even tho she was His in the first place!

~One time God woke me up and let me know about a dear friend who was going thru a hard time right then, which I found out about later.

~Going thru a family tragedy, God came down and clearly showed me His love for mankind, and how His will and plan is far above what we can imagine. Until this time, I had never really understood why people said "It's God's will" when a tragedy happens (sometimes it appears to truly be an accident), but this time I caught a glimpse..

~One time I was praying for someone who I really wanted to be blessed and to follow God, to be in the center of His will.. and God showed me His awesome love for that person and all humanity and said "Don't worry about it".

Old 02-02-2009, 05:45 PM

20,055 posts, read 21,093,969 times
Yes the voice of God has spoken to my spirit and I knew it was from God. Jesus said in John 10:27 "My sheep recognize My voice, I know them and they follow Me".

Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM

2,518 posts, read 869,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"

And once again as I was sleeping say to me "God is your strength"

I would like to hear the other experiences that people have had with hearing God speak to them aubibly.

And people please if you have something negative to say, just keep it to yourself, this is for people who have really had the experience and enjoying sharing what God has said to them. Thank you!! I will enjoy hearing what God has said to other people.

It was like someone was next to me while I was sleeping, talking into my ears. But when I woke up know one was there.
Those are called "thoughts", "dreams", and "hallucinations".

The only "voice of god" I've ever heard were that guy who did the movie previews and the old PA announcer for the Golden State Warriors...

Old 02-02-2009, 05:48 PM

Wow, that is amazing from the post I have read. So sorry leftydan6 that you have not heard God's voice. You are truely missing out.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Those are called "thoughts", "dreams", and "hallucinations".

The only "voice of god" I've ever heard were that guy who did the movie previews and the old PA announcer for the Golden State Warriors...
If you have never heard God's voice, why did you post a comment in this thread.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:07 PM

852 posts, read 832,277 times
I have only hear from Him once...audibly...He said "I'll show what I can do."----and he did.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I have only hear from Him once...audibly...He said "I'll show what I can do."----and he did.
Do you mind me asking what he did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity