U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM

5,396 posts, read 3,399,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Harold,

Why do you come to this forum? Why do you post?
Maybe he is an incarnation of Calvin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 01:56 PM

22,664 posts, read 10,347,012 times
Quote:
Harold,

Why do you come to this forum? Why do you post?

You have already posted this question and everyone of your and Donna's post have this exact same theme even if you post a different question.

You have a handful that agree with you. You have the majority that disagree with you. When scriptural proof is given to counter your doctrine of Christian perfectionism, you do not respond.

You misinterpret Christian doctrine and should not teach Chrisitan doctrine. I thoroughly defeated your David theory on another thread, showing where David deliberately and willfully sinned against God by taking a census years after his sin with Bathsheba. You did not respond with a counter to that.

Please, please, if you cannot see your own sin of pride and sowing seeds of dissension amongst the body, if you cannot see by your own doctrine you have damned your ownself to hell, please cease from teaching scripture as a hobby.
Amen. They have been ducking my questions for a while now. They're posting the same false doctrines under different topic names seems designed more as a spamming of the boards than a true attempt to witness and engage with us.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:10 PM

13,752 posts, read 9,221,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
No. Because if you sin, you are no longer a Christian.
So there are no Christians in the world?

Old 02-05-2009, 04:15 PM

13,752 posts, read 9,221,473 times
Quote:
Please, please, if you cannot see by your own doctrine you have damned your ownself to hell, please cease from teaching scripture as a hobby.
I agree with what you're saying about Harold and Donna's posts, but I'm curious, where does the Bible that that those who err in doctrine are damning themselves to Hell? Do we have a limit of incorrect doctrines we can believe and still go to Heaven, or does every person who has even one doctrine wrong end up in Hell?

Old 02-05-2009, 04:49 PM

1,463 posts, read 2,281,770 times
When we surrender our lives to Christ and have our sins paid for we still have our old sin nature with us. Until we get to heaven we will have that battle. The bible talks about the carnal nature of Christains....we still sin after we become Christian. We achknowledge that sin, thank God he has paid for that sin, turn away from that behavior and thank God he loves us. We will never be sinless, you just can't bridle your tongue or you throughts as if you were perfect. If you were perfect you would not need a Savior.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,998,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree with what you're saying about Harold and Donna's posts, but I'm curious, where does the Bible that that those who err in doctrine are damning themselves to Hell? Do we have a limit of incorrect doctrines we can believe and still go to Heaven, or does every person who has even one doctrine wrong end up in Hell?
If there is such thing as a rhetorical answer to a non rhetorical question, that was what I gave Harold. What I meant was that his teachings and his postings here were sinful, so by his (Krupp's) own standards, he had damned himself to hell, as his sowing seeds of discord for some kind of prideful ends are willfully sinning against God and he in full view of us all was not perfect.

No, the bible doesn't say that. However, the New Testament leaders were pretty vociferous about the teaching of heresy. I was taught that the difference in heresy and plain old error in teaching was that heresy negated the role of the cross and the divinity of Jesus, basically a salvation outside of Jesus. Error on the other hand was teaching on practice or lifestyle or whatever that didn't line up with sound biblical doctrine.

For someone to be guilty of heresy is a major infraction. It is not my calling to label something heresy over error. I will be bold enough to proclaim the Krupp teachings here as biblical error however.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,724,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur

Quote:
If there is such thing as a rhetorical answer to a non rhetorical question, that was what I gave Harold. What I meant was that his teachings and his postings here were sinful, so by his (Krupp's) own standards, he had damned himself to hell, as his sowing seeds of discord for some kind of prideful ends are willfully sinning against God and he in full view of us all was not perfect.

No, the bible doesn't say that. However, the New Testament leaders were pretty vociferous about the teaching of heresy. I was taught that the difference in heresy and plain old error in teaching was that heresy negated the role of the cross and the divinity of Jesus, basically a salvation outside of Jesus. Error on the other hand was teaching on practice or lifestyle or whatever that didn't line up with sound biblical doctrine.

For someone to be guilty of heresy is a major infraction. It is not my calling to label something heresy over error. I will be bold enough to proclaim the Krupp teachings here as biblical error however.
I Agree with Saintmarks... but would like to add...
when any teaching blasphemes the Holy Spirit... it shall not be forgiven of man.

I'm not gonna judge them... just caution them.

Mark 3:29

Old 02-06-2009, 07:54 AM

39 posts, read 41,559 times
I think for mature Christians, those who have walked with the Lord for some time, and have been strenghtened in him the OP, is how most would experience their relationship with God. But I'm also thinking about those new in the Lord, that may have addiction problems or other sins that are hard to shake off, and over time with continued revelation and wrestling can overcome them, I believe God's grace is enough in these situations as well.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 2,066 times
Dear Lord God, Master and Savior, Could You please Create me, to be Begotten Of You and Born Of You, so that the Brand New Totally Real and True me, myself and I, never going to perform accidents, bloopers, blunders, mistakes, sins, sinful mistakes, transgression and evils? Thank You!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:14 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,003,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
John was writing to believers to protect them from the false teaching that one could be born of God and still commit (willful) sin. Many Christians commit sin - just as in John's day - but they are not yet born of God. That is the point you have missed.

HK
Harold...and what is your understanding of how one is "born of God"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity