U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 PM

306 posts, read 303,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Please check out the threads concerning "if we say we have no sin"

HK
Are you sinless? Let me tell you I am sure not sinless however I am still a Child of God and I am made right by him as MY GOD is a JUST GOD, FAIR GOD and a FORGIVING GOD. My God forgives me each and everyday when I fall short. As WE ALL fall short at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM

342 posts, read 323,893 times
Harold, Which one are you??

Old 02-10-2009, 06:20 PM

30 posts, read 70,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
even willful sin will be forgiven, when one returns with a contrite heart.
Well then you do not believe the Bible.
1 ¶ Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, {principles…: or, word of the beginning of}
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: {by: or, for}
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Quote:
I don't advocate back-sliding, but we are all only human.
No, only the unrepentant sinner is only human, the truly born again repentant sinner is no longer only human, they are lead by the HS and are eventually sons of God and in so being are made strong by the HS so not only human.

Quote:
I keep the Sabbath (even to even) in the Spirit of the Law.
Which Sabbath, God's or the Catholic's? No such thing as keeping it in Spirit, only way to keep it is to cease from working on that day. The Spirit of keeping it is that it is not grievous but a blessing.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM

988 posts, read 1,036,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
Are you sinless? Let me tell you I am sure not sinless however I am still a Child of God and I am made right by him as MY GOD is a JUST GOD, FAIR GOD and a FORGIVING GOD. My God forgives me each and everyday when I fall short. As WE ALL fall short at some point.

Have you ever read this promise from God?

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And scoffers delight them in scoffing, And fools hate knowledge?
Turn you at my reproof: Behold, I will pour out my spirit upon you; I will make known my words unto you.
Because I have called, and ye have refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man hath regarded;
But ye have set at nought all my counsel, And would none of my reproof:
I also will laugh in the day of your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
When your fear cometh as a storm, And your calamity cometh on as a whirlwind; When distress and anguish come upon you.
Then will they call upon me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they shall not find me:
For that they hated knowledge, And did not choose the fear of Jehovah:
They would none of my counsel; They despised all my reproof.
Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, And be filled with their own devices.
For the backsliding of the simple shall slay them, And the careless ease of fools shall destroy them.

Have you ever heard of this God?

HK

Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,543,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammjr View Post
Which Sabbath, God's or the Catholic's? No such thing as keeping it in Spirit, only way to keep it is to cease from working on that day. The Spirit of keeping it is that it is not grievous but a blessing.
You mean like the one where Donna worked on the computer on the Sabbath, to say we shouldn't work on the Sabbath?

Funny how that was just swept under the rug. Must've been a sin of ignorance somehow...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,604,823 times
Oh damn. We're all going to hell.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM

852 posts, read 808,531 times
In reading these posts I am greatly saddened. Don't turn Christians from God! We have enough problems bringing all who don't believe and are not saved to God. If what you are doing makes a Christian turn from God then it is not right. under any circumstance.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 PM

777 posts, read 899,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammjr View Post
Well then you do not believe the Bible.
1 ¶ Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, {principles…: or, word of the beginning of}
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: {by: or, for}
8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

No, only the unrepentant sinner is only human, the truly born again repentant sinner is no longer only human, they are lead by the HS and are eventually sons of God and in so being are made strong by the HS so not only human.

So this means you're perfect?

I don't work on the Sabbath, and I figured if you were a Sabbath keeper you'd know what "even to even" is.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,604,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
In reading these posts I am greatly saddened. Don't turn Christians from God! We have enough problems bringing all who don't believe and are not saved to God. If what you are doing makes a Christian turn from God then it is not right. under any circumstance.
Don't worry Sherry - we are God's workmanship and so there is no danger in what is being stated. Most will see it for what it is - unbalanced religious extremism. I mean, even a baby Christian can look at this and go "Sheeesh!"

There will always be fringe fanatics who paint God as a tyrant who is ready to cast everyone into hell for one infraction. Ridiculous nonsense - I wouldn't lose any time fretting over it.

'They' won't stop - it's what 'they' do.

BTW - this isn't hate or anger from me for 'them' - just the facts as I understand them. There have always been those who don't enter in and TRY to block the way for those who are. They never succeed in the long run.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM

852 posts, read 808,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Don't worry Sherry - we are God's workmanship and so there is no danger in what is being stated. Most will see it for what it is - unbalanced religious extremism. I mean, even a baby Christian can look at this and go "Sheeesh!"

There will always be fringe fanatics who paint God as a tyrant who is ready to cast everyone into hell for one infraction. Ridiculous nonsense - I wouldn't lose any time fretting over it.

'They' won't stop - it's what 'they' do.

BTW - this isn't hate or anger from me for 'them' - just the facts as I understand them. There have always been those who don't enter in and TRY to block the way for those who are. They never succeed in the long run.

I know what you are saying...but it's very hard to sit and read all this stuff and say nothing..or at least it is for me.. I hold my tongue for as long as I can and I think God encourages my fingers to type...He let my fingers do the walking....(that was cute..get it?)--you wouldn't if you aren't very old. Sorry...couldn't help myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity