U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,114,200 times
Reputation: 638
Fundamentalist,

I'm not who you may think I am. I don't talk with "demons" and I don't learn from them. I don't believe in the bible because of what ministers teach to their congregations. I never once said it's all a lie, I said I hate it with no explanation. I believe in God and I believe Jesus is our savior through what He taught. Now if thatmeans i talk to demons, then fine. I'll take that. No demon would ever tell me to love God with all my heart and soul and to love my neighbor. Ever. so don't go assuming I'm going to hell because of what I teach when you have never bothered to read what I teach. If you want to know, read the links I posted for Richio. stop judging others and judge only yourself. Be kind and respectful to what others have to say and don't push others into something becaue you think it's right. my path is good and i'm on my way back home to God. I know what hell is like and I can tell you, I'm not in it.

Just saying out of love, respect others beliefs as if they were your own.

Now, can we get along?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,114,200 times
Reputation: 638
Fundamentalist,

I'm a girl.

dcashley,

He is being detramental to me and wants me to be something I'm not. It wasn't a cop out. I don't run from things cause I'm too old to be that way. I've lived my life and now I'm on cruise. I don't make fun of him but he is pushing me to my limits becaue he doesn't like himself for some reason. I absolutely LOVE who I have become and I accept myself for who I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,521 posts, read 2,403,603 times
Reputation: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Fundamentalist,

I have to disagree on that but I respect that you believe that.
My church has a message from the person who wrote Genesis. He wrote it as a story to mean nothing but people took it out of context. We have messages from the apostles and they tell of how their writings have been distorted. We have a message from John stating that Revelations is only a vision. John was a psychic and the vision was for his time. We have messages from Adam and Eve telling of their failure to uplift the human race. I can't believe the bible is the word of God when there are too many errors in it.
He wrote it as a story to mean nothing? Then why write it? It must be true, since you say you've even heard from Adam and Eve?

Fundy and Jacky, SHE is not a HE. And she does not like to be told she's wrong, and she has called me a spoiled rotten brat, just because I disagree with her teachings.

And Jacky, I don't even believe that you believe the nonsense she teaches, you just enjoy being on opposite sides of Christians so much, that it doesn't even matter what she's teaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM
 
8,990 posts, read 8,212,085 times
Reputation: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Fundamentalist,

I'm not who you may think I am. I don't talk with "demons" and I don't learn from them. I don't believe in the bible because of what ministers teach to their congregations. I never once said it's all a lie, I said I hate it with no explanation. I believe in God and I believe Jesus is our savior through what He taught. Now if thatmeans i talk to demons, then fine. I'll take that. No demon would ever tell me to love God with all my heart and soul and to love my neighbor. Ever. so don't go assuming I'm going to hell because of what I teach when you have never bothered to read what I teach. If you want to know, read the links I posted for Richio. stop judging others and judge only yourself. Be kind and respectful to what others have to say and don't push others into something becaue you think it's right. my path is good and i'm on my way back home to God. I know what hell is like and I can tell you, I'm not in it.

Just saying out of love, respect others beliefs as if they were your own.

Now, can we get along?
I didn't assume anything. I question your salvation through your words. Sorry but you are not a Christian. Mormons, Jehovah Witness would say the same doesn't mean they are on the right path either. The devil and demons believe Jesus is God and the savior-doesn't mean anything. You say you talk to the Holy Spirit yet what you hear contradicts the word of God. God would never contradict himself which leads me to believe you are listening to the wrong spirits.

If you don't have the Son then you don't have the Father. Please Read 1 John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,114,200 times
Reputation: 638
mzjamiedawn,

I like having mistakes but when you people push the bible in my face to appease yourselves, I won't back down from what I believe. I'll ask you something you all ask me. Prove to me that the bible IS the word of God by your OWN experiences and what made you believe in it so much. Don't quote from the bible but tell me why it's the word of God.

I believe in mine because when I was living in hell, Divine Love was ONLY thing that saved me. I am not the same person I was and I even get comments on my changes. The bible didn't do that so I would have to say that what I've been taught has some meaning.

Stop thinking that you know me because you don't. How would you know if I don't like being wrong. We aren't in kindergarten where we have to tattle and tease and poke a prod each other. We are adults and we should respect each other and learn from each other. But none of you have proven me wrong yet becaue you haven't read what I teach. You haven't spend a year reading and studying. I''ve been doing it for 8 years so I know I have something going for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,114,200 times
Reputation: 638
Fundamentalist,

I never said I talk to the Holy Spirit. You can't talk to the Holy Spirit because it's only an instrument. I can talk to my God-Fragment though.

So what your saying is, if I love God first and formost, love Jesus because of what He taught, lead a good life and help others, pray all the time, lead others to God, and give people hope, that I'm working with the "devil"?

Boy, that sure is in contradiction to what your also teaching. Just because I don't read the bible, it doesn't mean I'm going to hell. I've atoned for the past sins I can remember. I may have to get to heaven to remember the rest but I'm on the path to God. I can't prove it to you without meeting you becaue you will know me by my actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
 
9,978 posts, read 8,289,891 times
Reputation: 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer100 View Post
I tell you, you are definetely going the wrong way. Jesus is the only way to salvation no matter what you believe in..it will be reveal to you anyway after your end times here on earth just hoping it will not be too late for you, for you do not know when will your end comes. Repent and turn yourself to God before it is too late for you.
You are in no position to judge other human beings.

You take the Christ concept literally. Consider the possibility that he carried a level of consciousness we are capable of reaching. His 'return' is simply the awakening of the masses of all different walks of life to the powers of physics he demonstrated.

That's over your head, but the bottom line is to stop judging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
 
Location: Tulsa
2,521 posts, read 2,403,603 times
Reputation: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
mzjamiedawn,

I like having mistakes but when you people push the bible in my face to appease yourselves, I won't back down from what I believe. I'll ask you something you all ask me. Prove to me that the bible IS the word of God by your OWN experiences and what made you believe in it so much. Don't quote from the bible but tell me why it's the word of God.

I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want. I will respect those beliefs until I see them being taught on here to some who may be confused, and if they contradict the word of God, it is my responsibility to correct it. I get along with most of the atheists on this board because they are cool people, and have a right to their beliefs, but if they started threads under R&P or Chrisitianity, stating how there is no God, etc...then I will feel compelled to reply. Just as I have with your teachings. Continue to believe the way you do, you have every right. Just don't be surprised when the Christians stand up to you.

I believe in mine because when I was living in hell, Divine Love was ONLY thing that saved me. I am not the same person I was and I even get comments on my changes. The bible didn't do that so I would have to say that what I've been taught has some meaning.

Again, that's what you believe. You say the bible didn't do that for you. Fine, but it has for countless others.

Stop thinking that you know me because you don't. How would you know if I don't like being wrong. We aren't in kindergarten where we have to tattle and tease and poke a prod each other. We are adults and we should respect each other and learn from each other. But none of you have proven me wrong yet becaue you haven't read what I teach. You haven't spend a year reading and studying. I''ve been doing it for 8 years so I know I have something going for me.
You really need to practice what you preach. You say we're not kindergartners, yet you called me a spoiled rotten brat (sounds like something a 5 yr old would say). You tell others to stop thinking that we know you, and yet you just said..."You haven't spent a year reading and studying"... how do you know we haven't?

And question... prove you wrong? How would we prove that you're lying about these channels you speak of? All we can do is show you in God's Word where we are told not to listen to mediums...which is why we won't listen to you. (Read other thread for scripture).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:53 AM
 
9,978 posts, read 8,289,891 times
Reputation: 3505
I think the fundamental rift on this thread and so many others is between those who have had transcendent experiences in the Christ energy and those who remain bound to the guidance of words in a book.

Those who have not experienced the ultimate unity of all life are rightfully confused by those who understand that there is not one set of rules or one path that everyone must adhere (if there were, why were so many concentrated in the Deep South U.S.? Are they God's chosen people simply because of immigration patterns and slavery? Why were so many Buddhists concentrated in Asia and Catholics in the Northeast?).

The answer isn't as simple as you want it to be with Jesus judging and literal interpretations of the Bible.

That works for certain people a mytho-rational stages of development, but others have evolved beyond that core of fear into a core of love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
19,979 posts, read 19,769,718 times
Reputation: 27963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I Love NC,

Do you even understand what the Holy Spirit is?

You and everyone ever created has a fragment of God in them. The Holy Spirit is not that fragment. The Holy Spirit is God's instrument He uses to convey his Love to all Who ask for It. It's the only way It can enter your soul. Now you probably have a different definition but EVERYONE has a God-Fragment in them, not just christians like you. .
You're right I have a different definition, but mine comes from the Bible, which you do not believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top