Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Fundamentalist,
I am a minister for The Foundation Church of Divine Truth. I would never tell someone that God does not love them nor would I tell someone they are sinning because they don't believe what I believe. We all have to get back to God and it doesn't matter how we get there as long as we get there. Did GOD personally tell you the bible is HIS word? I mean did He actually talk to you when you asked Him?
God talks through the bible. Its all there. You want to talk to God. Read the bible. It's pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:12 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Richio,

It was Lucifer who was admonished in the mid 1980's. The devil never existed.
Lucifer became full of pride and thought he was better than God so he got Caligastia to work with him along with "other beings" to rebel against God. When Jesus came and had risen to Heaven, Lucifer was locked up and was offered the chance to rehabilitate. He chose not to so God made him as if he never was.
This is even nuttier than belief in the christian myths.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Fundi,
YOU can actually talk to God yourself. You've just been TOLD the bible is the word of God, you and no one believeing in it can prove it was from God. Those little bible verses were actually CHANNELLED by other people and the Angels told them what to write. And because channelling involves the mind, it cannot be 100% accurate. I get my teachings from channelled messages from Jesus, the apostles and other celestial angels. I never say they are 100% accurate, I only state I believe in a different way to heaven.
You people reading and saying that the bible is true are the meanest people I have ever encountered in my life. You all believe each of you are right but none of you can prove it. You say it's written in a book and as long as you quote that book, it's all true with out even considering someone elses beliefs just might be more accurate. I pity you because you do not practice love when you judge someone else. "When you judge someone you have no time to love them" Mother Teresa - and she read the bible.
I don't care if you don't believe me. God is my Father and Jesus is my teacher and Jesus teaches me about Divine Love and how to get into heaven.
I say WHATEVER to you and dcashley

Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
God talks through the bible. Its all there. You want to talk to God. Read the bible. It's pretty simple.
They do not believe the Bible.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:01 PM

Fundi,

I have read the bible. It didn't do anything for my soul so I moved on.
And I asked you if YOU personally talked to God, not that I wanted quotes from a book that was written thousands of years ago.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM

I ask you to ponder what kind of world would allow this. What kind of world would do this to the most wonderful teacher sent to our world. We did this tragic thing to this beautiful crreation. and yet you still believe this beautiful man died for our sins. This is the kind of stuff I learn from. If you want peace on earth, heaven on earth, stop doing this to our great teachers.

Teacher Samuel.
Midwayer Chief, Bzutu (ABC-22).
Subject: "Your World Of The Cross." [Part transmission only]
[CENTER]Received by George Barnard.[/CENTER]
Samuel: "Your world is not by any means the largest in the local system. It is also not the smallest, although there are not many inhabited planets that are smaller. What you are, indeed, is the most observed, the most talked about, and the most intriguing orb to the creatures of the local system and, even to many much further afield.
"It is not yet two thousand years ago when all eyes in the universe were focussed on your planet, and the term, the name, "World of the Cross" was first heard, and that says it all. And it is appropriate for me at this time to converse with you for your world was observed by millions upon millions of His creatures that held their breaths and witnessed what everyone would have thought to be impossible for such to happen to a Creator Son.
"We watched from afar . . . Yes! Of course! . . . for most of our worlds were greatly advanced, and although the circuits were cut with you, we did have independent universe-reflected opportunities to view the dismal goings on of your world-the crucifying of the incarnation of the very Creator, the very Maker of what all you mortals are about.
"The Michael Son who was loved and venerated by the greater proportion of His myriad subjects had decided to become flesh on a globe that had seen so much havoc, so many troubles and sorrowful failures. This would give Him the ideal scope for doing the greatest amount of good. Only few worlds in more desperate straits than yours were incapable of getting any kind of information on the Master Son’s progress that was followed by the vast majority of us, day by day, moment by moment. This is Samuel."
Bzutu: "This is Bzutu, my dear brother. (Inaudible--sounds like "countless") Celestials, including ourselves (Midwayers), had but standing room only at the slaughter of our beloved Teacher. You will not in your life manage to imagine, or even come close to feeling the pain we felt for not being able to stop what all of us had thought could never happen.
"Anyone among the thousands upon thousands there assembled could have stopped the crucifixion, and yet we were not allowed to interfere when we could so easily have saved the Master’s life by simply making him disappear. The importance of any other happening in my entire career pales into insignificance by the events of those last moments. And, truly, not a day goes by when one of us will ponder, meditate upon, or discuss how very different it could have been.
"In the end analysis, the suffering, the intense pain, the intimidation and the hurt the Master went through continues to be touched on in many discussions. These, however, center around the good beyond measure His life and even His death has done for all those who learn of His bestowal to our world, as they talk of the extraordinary circumstances of His bodily demise whilst he still prayed for and forgave His executioners. I hand you back to your Teacher."
Samuel: "It was a time, my dear friend, when universe reflection in allowing us to view what went on on your world caused us to hold our loved ones tight, or clench our fists at the unimaginable scene of a world gone mad. We were then of the view that what was about to occur would not be allowed, and would not be brought to its final conclusion. But trust, my dear friend, in that your world has truly made some progress as we next await the further improvements your Paradise Teacher Son will bring.
"Indeed, honor regret, despise all guilt, and in all ways keep your faith. Have a really Good Friday."
George: "Thank you both."

Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM

"They are truly blessed, those who can live and let live. And, yes, those who can lovingly advice without even a touch of a superior feeling being implied, or even entering their minds. Those who can affectionately serve and achieve whilst disregarding the failures of others. Those who will uncomplainingly shoulder the weight of another’s cross. Those who will respect the differences and those who will delight in hearing opinions expressed that are totally contradictory to their own, for those are the truly fearless ones without an ego to protect". Teacher Samual - 11:11 Progress List

Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM

777 posts, read 1,441,597 times
'Rev',
Do you believe Jesus is the Christ - the Savior?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 PM

Richio,
Yes. I believe He is the savior through what He taught. I don't believe He had to die for our sins. I love Him as much as I love God.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:00 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
Quote:
Yes, there are verses which can seem to support either belief system. To me, Paul referred to those loved ones who had died as being asleep in the Lord, and I don't see that as having a conscious existence. It seems that he could have said more to comfort his brethren in the well being of their departed loved ones if he knew them to be consciously experiencing the joy of Christ's presence. I've read a few articles which felt that the passage about absent from the body and present with the Lord is a slight mistranslation but at the moment I don't know where those articles are. And we all have heard of the comma theory about what Jesus said on the cross.

Either way, iit is comforting to know that it will either be or seem to be an instantaneous thing. One is not aware of any passage of time in 'true 'sleep' I just think of Paul's promise that none of the saints who have gone before would be perfected ahead of us (them? lol).
I agree, ScarletWren. Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity