Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:44 PM

988 posts, read 1,902,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
If I've understood you correctly in all your threads, you believe sins of ignorance are forgiven, but not willful sin? But if you take the Word literally to mean "have NO sin"...then why do you allow sins of ignorance?

Sorry but your question makes no sense to me, you are talking about two different things at the same time.

- "have no sin" refers to the false teaching that one can commit willful sin and they have no guilt...

I allow sins of ignorance because the Scriptures teach they can be forgiven.

HK

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have not accurately INTERPRETED those quotes, Donna. Literalists may be blind guides leading many into pits . . . but those who clearly have some knowledge and mislead bear a heavier burden. I wish I could just credit your motives in chastising those who DO falsely claim love and adherence to God and Jesus as they willfully reject the holy spirit in their hearts (blaspheme the holy spirit . . . which is the only unforgivable sin) and maintain a "state of mind" that is anathema to God. But your false and rigid interpretations of Jesus's love and acceptance (and your acceptance of the savage descriptions of God in the OT) makes you major stumbling blocks to the majority who are not such as those I just described. I caution you again . . . you are under a heavier burden.
Actually Mysticism does

(John 17:17) 17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Harold is using scripture. YOU ARE NOT. You say, he is interpreting wrong, let's hear your interpretation, how did you come by it and is it true?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Sorry but your question makes no sense to me, you are talking about two different things at the same time.

- "have no sin" refers to the false teaching that one can commit willful sin and they have no guilt...

HK
The Greek word hamartia translates sin. If you are going to believe that 1 John and John should be translated as guilt, then every other place that uses hamartia should be translated the same. So, every time we read the word sin in the bible, we should read it as guilt?

-guilt is transgression of the law
-there is a guilt unto death
-the wages of guilt is death

You can't pick and choose when to translate the same word as either sin or guilt, just so it fits your doctrine.

"Have no sin" means just that.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 PM

298 posts, read 715,862 times
Why would Paul say not to turn our freedom into a covering for evil if that possibility did not exist? If not sinning is a sign that you are Christian, and sinning is a sign you aren't, then wouldn't Paul warn people who are sinning that they have no freedom?

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Harold is using scripture. YOU ARE NOT. You say, he is interpreting wrong, let's hear your interpretation, how did you come by it and is it true?
I am really tired of your falsely accusing me of not using scripture, Fundy . . . stop it . . . you know it is a lie. You cannot serve God in any capacity as a liar, Fundy. If you want a simple example of how to interpret scripture(my version) and how not to (antjraf's version) read my interchange with antjraf in this thread starting at post 171: Pharisee/ Legalistic mentality?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its means dont lawyer up dont look for loopholes do the obvious --stop doing wrong, do right.
said the monkey to the buzzard straighten up and fly right
nate king cole, sing it

Old 02-11-2009, 06:23 AM

14,956 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post

HK
Did anyone see this? Who would claim "I" ... give this carefully consideration.

Sooner or later it rears it's ugly head.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Closed.

This thread is apparently something this poster has posted on the internet for some time.

Beliefnet Discussions - Beliefnet.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity