U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2009, 01:43 PM

876 posts, read 850,917 times
Post THE BODY OF CHRIST, THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH. The eternal Church

My kingdom is not of this world: John 18:36

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One LORD, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. If ?

Eph. 4:4-6. But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ; From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Eph. 4:15-16. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col. 1:18. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

II Cor. 5:17. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

I Cor. 12:27. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all.

Eph. 1:22,23. Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne and the counsel of peace shall be between them both. And they that are far off shall come and build in the temple of the LORD, and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you. And this shall come to pass, if ye will diligently obey the voice of the LORD your God.

Zech. 6:13,15. And ye are complete in him which is the head of all principality and power.

Col.2:10. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

I Cor. 11:3. And he is head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead: that in all things he might have preeminence.

Col. 1:19. And I appoint unto you a kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:29,30. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and Godly fear: for our God is a consuming fire.

Heb. 12:28-29. Thy throne O God is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

PS. 45:6. But unto the son he saith, thy throne O God is for ever and ever; a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Heb. 1:8. Behold a king shall reign in righteousness and princes shall rule in judgment.

Isa. 32:1. He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, and from river unto the ends of the earth.

PS.72:8. And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zech. 14:9. And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

Dan. 2:44. And there was given him dominion and glory, and a kingdom that all people, nation, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Dan. 7:14. And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luke 1:33. Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
(PS. 2:6) How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings that publisheth peace, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, thy God reigneth !

Isa. 52:7. Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion: shout O daughter of Jerusalem: behold thy king cometh unto thee: he is just and having salvation: lowly and riding upon an ass and upon a colt the fool of an ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity