Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 07:22 AM
RSH RSH started this thread

147 posts, read 258,064 times

Advertisements

I thank all who had prayed for me. As of today I had lost my job.I have to remember that all things work out for Gods glory in the end.The tough thing is we never know the end result.I ask that you pray, that my spirit is lifted for God.Thanks be to God and thanks to you all...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
I'm very sorry. Keep your chin up, keep praying. I pray it will all work out for the good.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
BST

451 posts, read 1,202,290 times
Keep the faith. You never quite know how powerful God is until you're faced with a God-sized problem.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
I thank all who had prayed for me. As of today I had lost my job.I have to remember that all things work out for Gods glory in the end.The tough thing is we never know the end result.I ask that you pray, that my spirit is lifted for God.Thanks be to God and thanks to you all...........
I know. God's will is for you to not have a job right now for whatever reason. Spend this time wisely either working or strengthening on something in your spiritual life so God can use you. I know I need to.

I will be praying for you. God Bless

Old 02-09-2009, 10:49 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
I was going to say similar to Fundamentalist. As worrisome as going without a job can be, how wonderful is it to have more time to pray, spend reading His Word, and time with your family?

Our family has been going through a very difficult financial time for a year or better now. I look back on it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm being molded again. Let's not talk about the white hairs from it. lol

It's tough in MI right now. I'll be praying for you and your family...for God's will in your lives. Rest in Him.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:47 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Prior to any major metamorphosis . . . there is a major breakdown of the old to make way for the new. We can not know at the time what the new will be . . . but in my experience (quite lengthy and with many such metamorphoses) it was for the better as long as I kept my personal efforts to adapt in high gear and did not falter in seeking a new path. Inventory your skills, explore opportunities to add to them, and hit the pavement (find ways to keep busy). Be well, Mystic.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
RSH - coming from another "culture" and "social structure" (might even be stratum), but having questioned my supposed flaws and failures, i am struggling with a SYSTEM, called globalization, i have looked into its historical roots and it seems an entire era is coming to an end.

i am, in whatever small ways, preparing for that which - imho - ought to have been (and it has been possible any time) and has to come, even in such painful ways as now experienced by so many, not only in your or my country.

we had it come. we saw it coming. no shame and blame now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity