Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times

Advertisements

I see my post caused a firestorm, and that was my intent. I needed to do this and wait for responses so light can be shed on the TRUTH. I apologize to the REAL Christians who thought I was serious, and for blocking my dm's but this situation is calling for desperate measures.

Here we go, let's talk about SIN:

I said:
Quote:
Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: eek:
I used the Lord's name in vain. It's a SIN.

Exodus 20:7
"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

Quote:
What in the hell is wrong with you people!!!?????
I used a curse word. It's not a curse word when actually referring to hell itself, but I used it in a derogatory manner so therefore it is a SIN.

Quote:
SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!
Being disrespectful and not loving my neighbor. SIN.

Quote:
I have now turned away from GOD.......are you happy now????
And it's all your fault K**** and G******.....and you too FR*****.
Projecting and blaming others for my failures.....SIN.

Quote:
How exactly are you going to answer for that SIN, SIN, SIN, SIN, SINNY SIN SIN.....HUH????????????
Being judgmental.........SIN.

Quote:
And I'm not joking..........I give up.
Lying........SIN.

Quote:
I've gone back to being a Wiccan....at least they can agree on everything and no one is condemning anyone else.
This is the one that hurts the most, because it shows just how little anyone really listens or knows me. When have I ever said I was a Wiccan???? NEVER. I've never been a wiccan, and I never will be. I love God and Jesus, and nothing or no one is going to change that.

So I lied again...........SIN.

Quote:
You will be the cause of me going to hell. Guess I'll see you there.
Whoa....now this one is a doozy. In one fell swoop I blamed others for my disbelief, and I judged and condemned them to hell also!!!!

I must have broken at least 4 or 5 of the ten commandments in the few words that I said, and everything I said was a SIN!!!!

I was appalled at the continuing assault in the thread that this came from. It has confirmed to me and it should be evident to everyone else now who is a Christian, and who is not. Instead of trying to gently guide me back to my belief, it was just an endless barrage of nastiness from one party in particular.

Thank you to those who really seemed to care, and offered your prayers and defense. You are the ones who this is for, and for the seekers who cannot find the TRUTH anymore on this board because of the devil's deceit and lies.

NOW, am I forgiven by God because I asked and truly repented for what I said even though there was a good purpose behind it, or am I forever damned to hell because I seemingly willfully sinned?? Did I willfully sin, or was I just angry and trying to prove a point making it Holy Anger, which isn't a sin??

Are any of you remotely qualified to make that judgment, or go around teaching that I am condemned because of how YOU view it???

UH......NO. God will be my judge, and Jesus will be my mediator. Only He knows what was in my heart, and I will be judged accordingly for that. But I WILL NOT go to hell, because I have repented and I have been forgiven because that's what the Bible teaches.

Come to HIM as you are, dear ones, and He will do the rest.
It is not complicated, it is not unobtainable, and it is the right of EVERYONE to reach out to God and receive His Grace and His Love. It belongs to everyone, not just a self-righteous few.

I have been told on this board that I am demon-possessed because I have a mental disorder, I have been told that my son is also demon-possessed because he has ADHD, along with a myriad of other accusations and mean-spirited, judgmental and harsh words. There's very little encouragement and kindness here, and I'm sick of it. Really, really sick and just plain tired.

When something becomes a burden to your heart, mind and spirit it's time to end it. I will continue to read and talk to my friends and post once in a while. I leave you with some of the kindest, insightful words ever spoken about me on this board. I will never forget it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, NS. I love you all, God bless.

Originally posted by Northsouth
Quote:
I've been reading this board for over two years now, and reading silently for the last couple of months. Interesting what you can learn about people, and how some want to grow in their faith and some are stagnant.

I've watched DayoftheLord blossom spiritually since she came to the board in May. The story she told in this thread and the changes taking place in her can only be attributed to God and spiritual growth in and through Him. She listens, she observes, she's eager to learn, she has many faults but is very gracious in acknowledging them, apologizing for them and apologizing to others when she offends. She has all the attributes that we should all be striving for, myself included.

I've noticed this about many posters here and how they have grown. I'm not saying it's just DOTL, but this is her thread and she needs some building up. Sadly, I've also noticed the stagnation and fleshly stubborness of some posters that prevent them from growing.

Just some observations from an old timer. And I abhore the ugliness that is running rampant here, so you won't see much of me. Besides, Jesus will be returning soon and I've got work to do elsewhere. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,166,936 times
I knew where you were coming from in your post, DotL...and you had me going until you said you were going back to being a Wiccan. Had you said that before you went to your mountain, I'd have kept on going with it. But since that day, you have been an amazing encouragement to me. The Lord is using you.

I will be sad not to have posts by you, but I understand. I am sorry if I contributed in any way to your decision. I have considered not posting when I feel the need to, but I'm tired of walking away from terrible conversations without speaking up. My day will come, though, I am sure.

God's grace to you, DotL...thank you for everything.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I see my post caused a firestorm, and that was my intent. I needed to do this and wait for responses so light can be shed on the TRUTH. I apologize to the REAL Christians who thought I was serious, and for blocking my dm's but this situation is calling for desperate measures.

Here we go, let's talk about SIN:

I said:

I used the Lord's name in vain. It's a SIN.

Exodus 20:7
"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."

I used a curse word. It's not a curse word when actually referring to hell itself, but I used it in a derogatory manner so therefore it is a SIN.

Being disrespectful and not loving my neighbor. SIN.

Projecting and blaming others for my failures.....SIN.

Being judgmental.........SIN.

Lying........SIN.

This is the one that hurts the most, because it shows just how little anyone really listens or knows me. When have I ever said I was a Wiccan???? NEVER. I've never been a wiccan, and I never will be. I love God and Jesus, and nothing or no one is going to change that.

So I lied again...........SIN.

Whoa....now this one is a doozy. In one fell swoop I blamed others for my disbelief, and I judged and condemned them to hell also!!!!

I must have broken at least 4 or 5 of the ten commandments in the few words that I said, and everything I said was a SIN!!!!

I was appalled at the continuing assault in the thread that this came from. It has confirmed to me and it should be evident to everyone else now who is a Christian, and who is not. Instead of trying to gently guide me back to my belief, it was just an endless barrage of nastiness from one party in particular.

Thank you to those who really seemed to care, and offered your prayers and defense. You are the ones who this is for, and for the seekers who cannot find the TRUTH anymore on this board because of the devil's deceit and lies.

NOW, am I forgiven by God because I asked and truly repented for what I said even though there was a good purpose behind it, or am I forever damned to hell because I seemingly willfully sinned?? Did I willfully sin, or was I just angry and trying to prove a point making it Holy Anger, which isn't a sin??

Are any of you remotely qualified to make that judgment, or go around teaching that I am condemned because of how YOU view it???

UH......NO. God will be my judge, and Jesus will be my mediator. Only He knows what was in my heart, and I will be judged accordingly for that. But I WILL NOT go to hell, because I have repented and I have been forgiven because that's what the Bible teaches.

Come to HIM as you are, dear ones, and He will do the rest.
It is not complicated, it is not unobtainable, and it is the right of EVERYONE to reach out to God and receive His Grace and His Love. It belongs to everyone, not just a self-righteous few.

I have been told on this board that I am demon-possessed because I have a mental disorder, I have been told that my son is also demon-possessed because he has ADHD, along with a myriad of other accusations and mean-spirited, judgmental and harsh words. There's very little encouragement and kindness here, and I'm sick of it. Really, really sick and just plain tired.

When something becomes a burden to your heart, mind and spirit it's time to end it. I will continue to read and talk to my friends and post once in a while. I leave you with some of the kindest, insightful words ever spoken about me on this board. I will never forget it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, NS. I love you all, God bless.

Originally posted by Northsouth
All I have to say is:

Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
there is a really easy test to see what kind of spirit is being used.......and, on occasion, I am as guilty as anyone.......and this applies in personal witnessing in real life as well as on forums, and even from the pulpit.......If a person says "You should/must/have to do _________" then that message is NOT of God. If someone says "I do/did __________ and this is the result" then the message is of God.

If I cannot hear God speaking to you, then I cannot hear what He is telling you to do. I can only hear what He is telling ME. I can share His message to me with you, and you can share His message to you with me, but God deals with each of us where we are, not where someone else thinks we should be.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
I knew where you were coming from in your post, DotL...and you had me going until you said you were going back to being a Wiccan. Had you said that before you went to your mountain, I'd have kept on going with it. But since that day, you have been an amazing encouragement to me. The Lord is using you.

I will be sad not to have posts by you, but I understand. I am sorry if I contributed in any way to your decision. I have considered not posting when I feel the need to, but I'm tired of walking away from terrible conversations without speaking up. My day will come, though, I am sure.

God's grace to you, DotL...thank you for everything.
Thank you, SW, God is definitely using you also. You and I had a rocky start, but I had rocky starts with a lot of people until my little trip to the mountain. See, you know me because you are one of the few who listen and care enough to actually get to know your brothers and sisters.

I won't be disappearing completely, and my dm's are always open to anyone. I just can't stand this bickering and meanness that most definitely is not of God. Starting a thread every once in a while to keep the truth out there is something I will do and something we all should keep doing to keep satan from completely taking over this board.

I admit my methods are kind of crazy sometimes, but what can I say........I'm mentally ill and demon-possessed!!!

I've seen a possessed person before....and they don't have any moral fiber or true belief in God. I'd venture to say the ones accusing people of being filled with demons, as well as causing confusion, are actually the ones possessed.

I've got to go back and give out some much deserved rep pts to you and some others. God bless you, SW.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
this explains it to me as well!

there are plenty of opportunities for mobbing. and a lot of "sophistication" making "good" use of it.

to be clear: no one sent me a threat or hate mail. only the trick with confusion. and ignoring ...

thanks for such "kindness".

DayoftheLord, i may not have much to "share" with you, but sympathy concerning this experience.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:22 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
You know, DOTL, you were one of the very encouraging ones when I first came here a couple months ago. You talked to me several times about returning to Christ. You rejoiced with me when I finally repented.

So this morning when I read your post, I sat in shock. I don't know you very well, so I did believe you were once a Wiccan. But I thought, wow, that's really surprising that she would allow others to lead her astray. I was dumbfounded and wasn't sure how to respond to you.

So, although I'm still kind of in shock at your post, I'm very happy to hear you aren't leaving the Lord.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You know, DOTL, you were one of the very encouraging ones when I first came here a couple months ago. You talked to me several times about returning to Christ. You rejoiced with me when I finally repented.

So this morning when I read your post, I sat in shock. I don't know you very well, so I did believe you were once a Wiccan. But I thought, wow, that's really surprising that she would allow others to lead her astray. I was dumbfounded and wasn't sure how to respond to you.

So, although I'm still kind of in shock at your post, I'm very happy to hear you aren't leaving the Lord.
Hey Jamie!!!

And I'm still rejoicing about your return to Christ!!!! That was a wonderful day. I am really, truly sorry if I upset you..........I was afraid I would scare some people. But when God leads me to do something, I have to do it. I even thought at first that maybe I really had lost my mind, but the weird thing is I wasn't angry when I posted it. Fed up, but not angry. Late last night is when God revealed to me what to do with it.

There's nothing that would ever cause me to leave the Lord...not one thing. I really am a new creation, and I like what God has created. It's the first time in my life that I have ever been able to say that.

I'm very impressed with your threads and posts these days....it is evident that you are growing spiritually. He will do a good work in those who are willing and come to Him and put it all at His feet. I just pray that the simple message that God is love and the gospel of Jesus Christ does not get lost in translation, or I should say confusion. What a mess this board has become.

And I just want to say that I am not trying to influence anyone to do anything other than what you are doing. God does the guiding and directing. We are all in a different place, and we all have a different relationship with Jesus. There's a season for everything and everyone.

Keep up the good work for the Kingdom is soon to come!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:26 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
Hey DOTL...I'm relieved I had just sent you a message, worried about you. It is so hard sometimes when I read posts and see how unkind, sarcastic, and down right mean they become sometimes. It just hurts me to the core to see people being so unkind to one another. As Christians we are called to love each other and encourage each other. There are times certainly when we see the encouragement and God's truth being spoken. But when the debates start and it gets ugly it just hurts me. It makes me not want to be on the forum.
I've enjoyed you since I have been on here the past few months and respect your views.
Thanks for this thread...I'm releived...ahhhhh
Bless you Day of the Lord....

Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
I am much relieved, DOTL. Your transformation has been nothing short of miraculous IMO. The mountain, silence, and personal connection with God is all any of us really need. Too bad we struggle with all sorts of external trappings, pronouncement, rituals, and whatnot . . . instead of going direct. God bless. Glad you aren't leaving. Look forward to any of your future posts, Be well, Mystic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity