Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 08:25 PM

112 posts, read 581,505 times

Advertisements

God bless you for starting this thread!
Let me count my blessing!!!!!!!!

God is a blessing in my life!
His word is a blessing to me.
My five children ages 2 to 14.
My parents and sister.
All my Christian brothers and sisters.
Everything that God gives me like a home, food, clothes, ext.
And his beautiful creation.
The new life I now have through Jesus!!!!!!
I'm so blessed!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
I'm thankful that in this economy I have a decent job that I like, am able to pay my expenses and save a little bit--not as much as I'd like, but a little bit here and there adds up.

I'm also thankful that today it was 50 degrees. I live in Michigan, in Feb. so that's a VERY rare treat!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I am thankful that the power was restored this afternoon..We had major outages throughout the area at 11 pm last night due to wind..At first they said it would be Sunday before we could expect power I had made arrangements to have my daughters get what they wanted from my fridge and freezer, before I took the rest to one of the food pantries while everything was still fresh frozen ..Right now it is beautiful and sunny and in the mid 60's..
Feeling guilty for wanting to take all our frozen food to the food pantry, then wanting to keep it (in case my family needs groceries)when our power was restored..

Old 02-12-2009, 01:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
good health.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,694,298 times
I am thankful for my friends here at CD

Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times

YouTube - Ray Stevens - Have A Little Talk With My Self

... about snowflakes and other parts of the one world ...

Old 02-12-2009, 03:16 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I thought I would try an Uplifting thread. We are down in Florida for a few weeks and as I am walking I think about all the blessings God provides for us.
~I'm thankful I am out of the cold
~I'm thankful that my wonderful 88 year old dad can be with us here
~I'm thankful even though my knees are bad that I can get out and walk every day.
~I'm thankful God loves me and is watching over me

What are you thankful for and how is God blessing you today?
I'm thankful that God opened my eyes today.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:11 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
I thank God for the blessings of my family and all the awesome music. Did I mention, hockey? Oh and I thank God for sending the Holy Spirit to help me recognize these realities and for guiding me on the journey home.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:31 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,774,940 times
I thank God for my father, and the chance to spend time with him through Hockey, and music. He's a real jerk sometimes, but he is always looking out for me, and I love him.

I thank God for my mother, who is one of the most understanding and patient person I know. Whom I also love very much.

And the rest of my family, which I include my best friends. Don't know what I would do without them.

I thank God for giving me the gift of music. All the instruments I play, and my love for GOOD music.

I thank God for all the material blessings He and my family have bestowed upon me.

And I thank God for sacrificing his son to save my sorry butt.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:35 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
I thank God for my father, and the chance to spend time with him through Hockey, and music. He's a real jerk sometimes, but he is always looking out for me, and I love him.

I thank God for my mother, who is one of the most understanding and patient person I know. Whom I also love very much.

And the rest of my family, which I include my best friends. Don't know what I would do without them.

I thank God for giving me the gift of music. All the instruments I play, and my love for GOOD music.

I thank God for all the material blessings He and my family have bestowed upon me.

And I thank God for sacrificing his son to save my sorry butt.
And God bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity