Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:14 AM

433 posts, read 587,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSH View Post
2 Peter

We have so many false teachers among us we as Christians need to be aware and not be without the whole armore of God.Please read 2nd Peter and let me know your thoughts on it.............Robert S. Howard
You mean there are things in Christianity that are real? Name one.

(Be sure to provide any supporting evidence. And remember: Using Bible to prove Bible is circular-logic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 04:04 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Religion is a funny thing. We all have our own beliefs, actions towards others and our own upbringing. While some choose to use those things against another, others try to live the life that Jesus and God would want us to live. There is no right or wrong in any of the religion systems. It is what we reveal in our hearts to each other that determine our place in God's spiritual heaven.

I'm not on this forum to sway another to my beliefs. I'm not here to tell you that your path is wrong. I'm here giving my own opinion of what I believe God would want from us. All religions can and will lead to God. it's a human condition that we all want others to believe the way that we do. When we let go and let God, Truth will be revealed and we can do that with Love. God is Love and there is no reason in the world that we all cannot be love to each other even if our opinions differ.

I will stick to my first response even if that means someone feels the need to twist my words to fit there own soul condition. Just because I do not read nor adhere to the bible, does not mean that I am no child of God. It means my path is different and God loves me just the same.

As the very bible you all read says "Love God and each other" I feel that my response is in line even if I do not read it and you would think all of you would agree with that since Jesus spoke those words so many years ago. He was trying to bring the world under the brotherhood of man but it seems to me that the more you adhere to the bible, the further away from His teachings you come.

Love God, self and each other. Get over the fact that we all have a difference of opinion and let God guide you instead of man made doctrines that put conditions on your life. Just BE in the world and Love. That Truth will surely set you free.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Message from the Mod

This thread has been edited from 9 pages down to six..Once again I remind you to be civil and nice to one another..Do not intentionally insult or bash one anothers beliefs, stay on topic and report posts instead of answering them..

Also please do not edit someone's post other than your own..

This thread will remain opened in hopes that it will remain on topic..

Everyone have a blessed weekend

Old 06-05-2010, 08:01 PM

595 posts, read 761,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You ignored my second paragraph, Fundy. Fully hold Jesus's love and acceptance in your heart as you read (His life and death was an unambiguous example). The true urgings of the holy spirit will enable you to discern what is probably distortion or false teaching of the "doctrines and precepts of men." BTW . . . don't let the one episode of minimal "violence"(if it can even be called that) in the temple cause you to ignore the other overwhelming evidence of His love of all in favor of the false descriptions of the extreme violence and savagery incorrectly attributed to Jehovah by savages. Jesus reveals to us the TRUE God.(! John 5:20)
Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
Luke 6:26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.
2 Peter 2:1 [ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
1 John 4:1 [ Test the Spirits ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
How do we test the spirits?..if what they say and do does not line up with the Word of God, beware. Example--Someone on the street corner with a cross, preaching the word of God. The next hour the same person paying for a prostitute. Beware of the fruit. This does not mean you condemn, it means one makes a right judgement in not doing this yourself because the Word of God is in your heart and you know God is displeased with this.
Example--trying to shove scripture down another's throat and all the time telling them they have the devil in them...whoa, hold me back! What does scripture and the actions of Jesus tell me, I am the sower of the seed, I do not make it grow. I am a branch, not the Root. Jesus went from town to town and if there was a person along the path, he always stopped and took the time to save them. Interruptions were his specialty! Love them like Jesus! Also trusting God to give me his discernment in the matters of false prophets. Someone says they can tell this is going to happen or that, oh well, God told me he is the only one who knows the future. I just love it when I read the Temptation of Jesus. Satan quotes scripture to trick Jesus and Jesus gives him the correct scripture. Awesome God!
Ezekiel 13:1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: 'Hear the word of the LORD! 3 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4 Your prophets, O Israel, are like jackals among ruins. 5 You have not gone up to the breaks in the wall to repair it for the house of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the LORD. 6 Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. They say, "The LORD declares," when the LORD has not sent them; yet they expect their words to be fulfilled. 7 Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, "The LORD declares," though I have not spoken?

God Bless,
Mercy

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Matthew 24:24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
Luke 6:26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.
2 Peter 2:1 [ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
1 John 4:1 [ Test the Spirits ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
How do we test the spirits?..if what they say and do does not line up with the Word of God, beware. Example--Someone on the street corner with a cross, preaching the word of God. The next hour the same person paying for a prostitute. Beware of the fruit. This does not mean you condemn, it means one makes a right judgement in not doing this yourself because the Word of God is in your heart and you know God is displeased with this.
Example--trying to shove scripture down another's throat and all the time telling them they have the devil in them...whoa, hold me back! What does scripture and the actions of Jesus tell me, I am the sower of the seed, I do not make it grow. I am a branch, not the Root. Jesus went from town to town and if there was a person along the path, he always stopped and took the time to save them. Interruptions were his specialty! Love them like Jesus! Also trusting God to give me his discernment in the matters of false prophets. Someone says they can tell this is going to happen or that, oh well, God told me he is the only one who knows the future. I just love it when I read the Temptation of Jesus. Satan quotes scripture to trick Jesus and Jesus gives him the correct scripture. Awesome God!
Ezekiel 13:1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: 'Hear the word of the LORD! 3 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4 Your prophets, O Israel, are like jackals among ruins. 5 You have not gone up to the breaks in the wall to repair it for the house of Israel so that it will stand firm in the battle on the day of the LORD. 6 Their visions are false and their divinations a lie. They say, "The LORD declares," when the LORD has not sent them; yet they expect their words to be fulfilled. 7 Have you not seen false visions and uttered lying divinations when you say, "The LORD declares," though I have not spoken?

God Bless,
Mercy
As long as we remember that the living Word of God is Jesus Christ . . . we will properly test the spirits against His unambiguous example and what God has "written in our hearts" using the Holy Spirit's guidance . . . NOT the words "written in ink" by men whose "minds were blinded" by the veil of ignorance over the OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity