U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 AM
RSH RSH started this thread

147 posts, read 225,014 times

Advertisements

2 Peter

We have so many false teachers among us we as Christians need to be aware and not be without the whole armore of God.Please read 2nd Peter and let me know your thoughts on it.............Robert S. Howard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 11:11 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,451,056 times
We salute you Real Preachers of Genius

YouTube - Real Preachers of Genius - Mr. Really Really Bad Preacher

YouTube - Real Preachers of Genius: Seeker-Sensitive Mega Church Guy

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-10-2009 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 AM

23 posts, read 37,816 times
Hello Brother's & Sister's in Christ,

I agree with you. Jesus said in Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them, "See to it that no one misleads you. (5) For many will come in My name, saying, I am the Christ and will mislead many.

Matt. 24:11 And many false prophets will, arise, and will mislead many.

He also says of the judgment Matt. 25:34-40 Then the King, will say to those on His right, Come you who are blessed of My Fathter, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (35) For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink, I was a stranger, and you invited Me in (36) Naked and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me (37) Then the righteous will answer Him, saying Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give you drink? (38) And when did we see You as stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? (39) And when did we see You a sick, or in prison, and come to You? (40) And the King will answer and say to them, Truly I say to you to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine even the least of them, you did it to Me.

Mark 7:6 And He said to them, Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honor Me with their lips their heart is far away from Me (7) But in vain do they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the precept of men. (8) Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of MEN. (9) He was also saying to them: You nicely set aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

Mark 13:22 for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will do signs and wonders, in order, if possible, to lead the elect astray. (23) But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance.

Revelation 22:12 Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. (13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Last edited by Espi; 02-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: mispells and left off part of verse

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,214,208 times
You have to ground yourself in the Word of God, the Bible, so that when a false teaching comes you can see what the error is. Satan is a counterfitter and he comes close to the truth but is wrong. You need to know truth so you can stand firm.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,452,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
You have to ground yourself in the Word of God, the Bible, so that when a false teaching comes you can see what the error is. Satan is a counterfitter and he comes close to the truth but is wrong. You need to know truth so you can stand firm.
Absolutely! That way you'll be able to "recognize" the difference. He left us His blueprint to follow.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Amen!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,593,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post

That's right. We need to be like the noble men of Berea. If we don't have the Word hidden in our minds we will be fooled.

Ac 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

BTW, Did you mean the whole book of 2 Peter?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM

I apologize to all it is 2 Peter ch 2,maybe I should stay away from this computer I make more mistakes than I can count.Yes sometimes I get in a hurry.....

Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,451,056 times
So what does constitute a false prophet?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:33 PM

37,508 posts, read 25,238,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Absolutely! That way you'll be able to "recognize" the difference. He left us His blueprint to follow.
Yes he did . . . but that unambiguous blueprint and teacher is Jesus, Betsey. Hear me . . . Oh "Biblians" repent and become Christians . . . exemplars of Jesus' love and acceptance and heirs with Him. The antiChrist was not called the antiYahweh!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity