Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 AM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times

Advertisements

Yes, America will play a part in end time prophecy. Please read Revelation 13 in it's entirety. The second, "lamb like" beast is the United States, the first beast=Catholic Church. It's a deep subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
I believe America plays a part. I believe it is the destruction of America in World War III that so terrifies the world that they will accept the antichrist as he begins to rise to power by bringing a false peace after the war.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
No, it never has.
Scripture talks about believers being gathered to Christ on judgment day, not about a rapture at a separate time. (See Matthew 24 and 1 Thessalonians 4). Millennialism comes not from Scripture but from faulty interpretation of the Old Testament and Revelation prophecies.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:59 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Short take:

The United States is very much the "reborn" Roman Empire IMHO. Just look at our society right down to the Eagle, mile markers on the highways, senate and house. Signs of Rome are EVERYWHERE in our nation.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:24 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I believe America plays a part. I believe it is the destruction of America in World War III that so terrifies the world that they will accept the antichrist as he begins to rise to power by bringing a false peace after the war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Short take:

The United States is very much the "reborn" Roman Empire IMHO. Just look at our society right down to the Eagle, mile markers on the highways, senate and house. Signs of Rome are EVERYWHERE in our nation.
Yep.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Yes, America will play a part in end time prophecy. Please read Revelation 13 in it's entirety. The second, "lamb like" beast is the United States, the first beast=Catholic Church. It's a deep subject.
Another JW.... God doesnt have a Bronx PO box

Old 02-14-2009, 11:21 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
Nope he/she is Seventh Day Adventist!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
If what God sent me will be as I saw it? I'd "run for the hills" if I were smart...but noone said I was smart..and I don't think this is what God meant..(for where could I run to?)..so I hang around here telling everyone I see who will listen...times will be hard...but God will be with us...Don't ever think He has forsaken us...and go out and spread His word.......and as I take a pause---thinking should I post this?....I think...oh well, I know what I saw....and I click send or submit....but then before I click submit I think "Don't I ever get tired of the ridicule?" Yes, I do...but I press on as God intended for me to do....with tears in my eyes....thinking why do some not believe.
Miss Sherry, please, you brought tears to my eyes. I understand and I'm not afraid to STAND UP AND PUBLICLY SAY SO!! There's a pain in my heart for those who won't believe! I understand! I do! Do what God has laid on your heart to do! Just do it! Forget about the ridicule. They ridicule Him too!

R
EMEMBER this my friend, and I'm typing it in color so yes, it will stand out: THERE'S NO TELLING WHO'S HEART THAT YOU HAVE REACHED WITH THE TRUTH! ONLY GOD IN HEAVEN TRULY KNOWS THE HEARTS OF MAN! ONLY GOD KNOWS! I HAVE FAITH THAT SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS WATCHING, SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS BEEN TOUCHED, AND CALLED AND PULLED AND TUGGED INTO KNOWLEDGE OF WHO................CHRIST JESUS IS!! SOMEBODY! I BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL!

So, I've said all that, to say this: Let's run this race my friend. Let's endure to the end. We're almost there! God Bless you, friend. I'm with you all the way to the end.

With Love, Betsey

Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post

Yes Revelation 13 IS a deep subject, but I assure you the 2 beasts spoken of are not the USA and the RCC. The first beast is a political 'beast,' the second is a religious 'beast.'

Revelation 13:1 "And I [John] stood upon the sand of the sea, and [i] saw a beast rise out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."

'This is John's vision, and the sea that John is standing on and the beast is rising out of represents the masses of peoples of the world. This symbol of the "sea" being people is documented in Revelation 17:15. This "sea", or masses of people are looking to this "beast" [political beast] as their peace system. The "seven heads" are seven dominions of the people, or seven continents of this world."Horns" are always symbolic of "power". These "ten horns" are ten agencies, or units of power flowing from this beast, or political system.

Revelation 13:11 "And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

This beast coming up out of the earth looks like a Lamb [Jesus Christ], yet he speaks like a dragon; because he is the dragon [Satan].

Re 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:20 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
What exactly does ridiculous statement imply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity