Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,292 times

Advertisements

America will play important roles in the end times. America will not play a part in the prophesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 PM

94 posts, read 135,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
What "reborn" Roman Empire, JViello? The Scriptures no where speak of any such thing. This idea is a creation of futurists who do so because they MUST have a revised Roman Empire in order for their system to work!

If one places the Revelation in its proper historical setting (ca. A. D. 70), there is no need for a revised Roman Empire. The Roman nation spoken of in the Revelation is that very empire of the first century and none other.
So, accordingly, the Roman Empire, is still in existence - in our day?
Please explain a little more.

Consequently, since the setting is that first-century world, nothing in the Revelation has anything to do with the RCC and the USA! Nothing!

Well, I agree that the RCC has nothing - or at least not much - to do with Revelation 13 beast of the "earth". But the second one, possibly with the interpretation of "IMAGE" of the beast, it could mean the USA.

How many times must it be stated--John was shown those things which were in his day to shortly take because the time was then near (Rev. 1:1, 3; 22:6, 10)?

Again, I stress that "shortly" in Biblical prophesy can be quite lengthy. In fact, many prophetic interpretations take over a good 500 years to fulfil. The prophecy of the bith of the "Prince of Peace", (Is 9:6) i.e. took over 300 years to be fulfilled.

All of the fanciful speculations popular today stem from the unwillingness on the part of the modern church to place the Revelation is its prescribed setting.

Then, what "setting" are we in TODAY?

What do the first and last chapters say about the timing of all the events found in the book? Furthermore, Jesus clearly said, "Behold, I am coming soon."

With this, I assume you are saying Jesus has already arrived - for the SECOND time. We are speaking of the second time and not the first.

Preterist[/quote]

Old 03-15-2009, 05:54 PM

94 posts, read 135,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
America will play important roles in the end times. America will not play a part in the prophesy.

Would you care to be more explicit in this. "Prophecy" and "end times" are practically synonymous.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:57 PM

Why do Christians focus on the end times so much? Why can't they just be happy? What is it about Chrisianity that maks Christians so unhappy about their lives now?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
we already are and its not the good guys.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:02 PM

Why is it that citizens of the richest country in the history of the world are so paranoid?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:59 PM

70 posts, read 114,122 times
Quote:
Why do Christians focus on the end times so much? Why can't they just be happy? What is it about Chrisianity that maks Christians so unhappy about their lives now?
I know what you mean. But, It is possible to be happy and focus on the end times both. Trust me. I've had prophecy drilled down on me all my life and for awhile, I was tired of it and sometimes depressed. But, if we focus on where it leads us.... to Jesus, we will be ok.

Revelation is very important to understand. And believe it or not, its not as hard to understand, as many on here are making it to be. I know many will not want to accept my view here. But, I believe it to be the 'one' truth, and its the only one that makes sense and truly 'has the spirit of prophecy'. When fully understood, you will see that its like a puzzle that has come together. Watch the videos below, and you will be on a start. You may still reject this or just can't see it happening. I've believed this way for over 30 years now. Thats right, and this belief has been around for over 150 years, and I still can not fathem why people are not seeing it. Its clear as can be. Its based on scripture only and goes along with the whole entire Bible perfectly.

Many don't want to even consider the OT has anything for us in the end times. But don't forget, out of the 404 verses in the NT, 270 of them refer to, or are direct quotes, from the OT. The Old and New Testament fit like hand and glove and compliment each other. Don't confuse this with Covenants or Moses Law, etc.

Revelation and Daniel are both speaking of the beast in the end, which makes war with the saints.
We know the saints are keeping the commandments of God. Rev 14:22, Rev 12:17
We know the saints have the Testimoney of Jesus. Rev 12:17
And we know the Testimony of Jesus is the 'Spirit of Prophecy"....For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Rev 19:10

Now for the part that no one wants to believe

watch

YouTube - (1) Amazing Prophecy | First Beast of Revelation 13[Updated]

YouTube - (2) USA in Bible prophecy | Second Beast of Revelation 13!

YouTube - The Mark of the Beast | Exposed

these videos are not created from me, but are identical to my beliefs.
the creator of these vids may or may not have other vids that could help with further understanding. test them with scripture.
-------------------------

BTW,BEWARE, I am a SDA-Seventh-Day-Adventist. Some will tell you we are legalists, or a cult, or evil. AND ofcourse this is not true whatsoever.

AND.. We believe many people, from ALL denominations, will be in Heaven.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we already are and its not the good guys.

We already are WHAT? please finish the sentence...

Old 03-15-2009, 07:17 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,374,307 times
Quote:
We are happy And thinking about the return of Jesus makes us ever more happy

Old 03-15-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We are happy And thinking about the return of Jesus makes us ever more happy
OK, so the focus on end times is not out of a compulsion to be miserable, but out of a an excitement for the future? (remember, I don't believe in Christ.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity