Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times

Advertisements

God does not delight in our cowardice and withdrawal.

Satan is a personal enemy of Christ.

Many confuse understanding with believing.

People who cover their faults and excuse themselves do not have a repentant spirit.

A Christian life is an unending engagement on the battlefield.
Watchman Nee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,507 times
-P. T. Barnum-

Quote:
Millions choose evil; may they not always choose it? The reply is that this is the sinner's will arrayed in battle against the Divine will. One must ultimately yield. I expect it will not be God. God will not coerce the sinner's will by force. He faces it as a consuming fire, and the day comes when the sinner sinks down beaten and cries out: 'God I yield.' Terrible is God against sin, foolish the soul that contests against Him...the sinner is one who has courage to enter a contest of his will against God's will. My orthodox friends tremble for God. I do not. I exhort them to 'have faith in God.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8w7mGug0c

Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 AM

Soulish Christians generally bend to certain directions. Most of them lean either towards emotion or towards reason.
Watchman Nee

Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Human beings do not readily admit desperation, but when they do, the kingdom of heaven draws near.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim."
- Elie Weisel

"Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

"It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 PM

2,212 posts, read 544,292 times
Default Energized With The Holy Spirit

Romans 6:11 - Likewise recon ye yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Affirmation

I DEEM MYSELF TO BE DEAD TO SIN, ENERGIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT TO WALK IN THE RESURRECTION POWER OF JESUS CHRIST.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM

God takes no pleasure in our repenting over and over again as though this were sufficient; rather does He wish us to live in perpetual contrition.
Watchman Nee

Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,347,507 times
-Blaise Pascal-

Quote:
There are only two kinds of men: the righteous, who believe themselves sinners; the rest, sinners who believe themselves righteous.
-J. B. Phillips-

Quote:
Following the way of Jesus Christ and doing all we can for His cause and for our fellow men expresses something of our worship in action. But how to give Him a present to express our love is a bit of a problem. How can you give God anything when He owns everything? But does He? How about that power to choose, that precious free will that He has given to every living personality and which He so greatly respects? That is the only present we can give -- our selves, with all our powers of spirit, mind, and body, willingly, freely given because we love Him. That is the best and highest worship that you and I can offer, and I am sure that it is this above all that God most highly appreciates.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 AM

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing yet has been done.
C.S. Lewis

Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 PM

2,212 posts, read 544,292 times
Default Dominating My Inner Man

Romans 8:13,16 - "For if I live after the flesh, I shall die; but if I through the spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, I shall live. The Holy Spirit bears witness with my spirit, that I am a child of God.

AFFIRMATION

I DOMINATE MY MIND AND MY BODY WITH MY SPIRIT SINCE I MAINTAIN MY SPIRIT PROPERLY--FEEDING, STRENGTHENING, AND DOMINATING MY INNER MAN WITH THE WORD.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity